Temple Solos

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there supposed to be a heal crystal in the final room?
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I think there is?

I always remember popping both of them - one for the first boss and one for Grail.
  3. Kestral Committed Player

I see one in there when I'm playing my Hero but never when i'm playing my villian. :(

Trying to verify for all the different versions. So far for red and blue no crystal in the room before or after boss fight starts. I'll admit I don't pay as much attention for my hero though because I don't need to use after the first week.
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

There is, but you gotta be careful about not popping it right away. I can't seem to not pop it at the beginning of the fight
  5. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I have farmed the solo for all the feats already, I can say from all my experiences the healing crystal on the last boss was simply not there on multiple occasions. It's like it despawns or glitches outside the bubble you fight in or something.
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have been doing that thing on 7 alt since day one and honestly? it varies. Sometimes its there and some times it's not. At this point all my guys are at least Cr 310 or 311 and I already got the fest for making it through without using a soda soooo doesn't bother me between soda and supply drops I beat the thing with no problems.

Not sure if the no healing crystal has anything to do with which temple you are in or not .. I never paid that much attention. I'll try to pay closeer attention tomorrow and see what I notice but with 4 temples that could take a while.
    • Like x 4
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I saw the crystal some times and some times not also.The Worst part for me was when it wasn't there in the fights against the apokoliptians( red crystals) and not enough cr.
  8. Dwild Well-Known Player

Sometimes you see one behind the main fight on the right side of the "arena" that you can trigger. And you can also see one that pops in the back left corner, but as was said...you can't trigger it in the actual fight because it's outside the red wall where the fight takes place. I only see it in about 1 out of 4 runs, and usually don't need it. That red burning circle of pain that Grail sometimes drops did a lot of damage but if you roll out fast, you can avoid that.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay report #1 Took my main and did a walk in to Hippolyta's shrine in the Atlantis section of the zone. There was a healing crystal located in the chamber where I battled the first boss but no crystal at all in the final battle chamber when I took on Grail.

Supplemental report I was on my CR 311 main and kicked both their butts. Against the sub boss (fight #1) I didn't use the crystal, I didn't use a soda and had no need to use my supply drop. Against Crystal just to get my power level back up I did use my supply drop but no soda and didn't even have a crystal to think about.

Who knows maybe it varies? But trying to figured that out could take a while.... without using replays it will take three more days to check out each temple by just walking in and then the next question arises Are there differences between walk ins and just going to the journal and entering say from your lair? Then the next question.. Does CR matter? so If I take a Cr 310 or 304 in are the results different than with my 311 that has Cr 269 or higher armor in every slot? Lot of things to consider.. OR IS IT JUST RANDOM and I could wlak in to the same shrine with the exact same character in an hour and there'd be a healing crystal in BOTH chambers?
    • Like x 1
  10. Flaves Level 30

What I've found a couple of times is that I've died, respawned and then headed back to the start to repair my gear ... only to find a crystal on top of the pedestal rather than where it is supposed to be. Once I've smashed that, by the time I get back to the Grail fight the crystal is back where it is supposed to be . I've noticed that about half a dozen times.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's off to the right of the column you step through to start grails fight
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so report #2 Took my CR 311 Water DPS/Healer and walked into Aphrodite's Temple. I found a healing crystal in both the sub boss's chamber and in Grails. Kicked both butts with little issue.. Used no soda or supply drop. I never purposely used the crystal against the minotaur but it was gone at battle's end. I may have set it off accidentally during the fight but was so far away I never even saw the glowing, healing effect. I did blast the crystal as I battled Grail and it allowed me to not use anything else :D

Again the thing is what's to say tomorrow there may not be a crystal in either location if one will even exist later today when some one else walks into that mission?

running tally:

Hippolyte's temple had 1 crystal in the sub boss area
    Aphrodites temple had crystals in both areas

More to come .. headed back in game to run my CR310 Munitions/ Controller and I'll hit the temple located in the Olympian zone with him.
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah yeah I know when will this pain in the a __ __ stop ? Lol

Report # three Took the Munitions DPS into Athena's temple in the Olympian zone (another walk in BTW). There was a healing Crystal available for the sub boss but none when I battled Grail. As previously mentioned my Munitions Alt was a CR 310 and used no sodas and did not need use use, EVEN accidentally, the crystal against the sub boss. I did use my supply drop when I was battling Grail.

So updating the tally sheet:

Athena's temple had 1 crystal in the sub boss area.

Final walk in . the temple in the Apokolyptian zone with my CR 311 Atomic DPS/Tank See you soon :cool:
    • Like x 1
  14. spikeat Well-Known Player

I have a toon that I specifically run for the red crystal solo for the fragments feat. I just pop a shield,stand in the red aoe and continue attacking. I find the green crystal solo the hardest on my low cr toon. Grail teleports instantly and puts my health in the red zone.

I run a lot of my alts through the solo and not sure what triggers the healing crystal at Grail either. The healing crystal is always present at sub boss.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hi there fans I'm BACK! lol

So okay made the final run of the day and took my CR 311 Atomic DPS into Hera's temple in the Apokoliptian zone. Once again found a healing crystal waiting when I entered the room and attacked that sub boss. Once again it had disappeared without me firing a shot at it when that battel was over. Got to the final battle against Grail and no sign of a healing crystal anywhere. So okay I used a soda. I used my supply drop and between being knocking on my butt and that mother box surrounding me in toxic red goo I managed to die TWICE before I finally beat that B... Okay I'l behave and watch my language. Hey I even went back to the sub boss chamber and no the healing crystal did not reappear. MY GUESS? It is designed to vanish when that boss does so no one can run back there and grab it to help out when they battle Grail and the Mother box.

Final tally for the day:

Athena's temple had 1 crystal in the sub boss area
    Hera's temple had 1 crystal with the sub boss.

Now these results may vary from one day to the next but just to add it all up. There was a healijng crystal in the chamber with every single sub boss but only one healing crystal was available in any temple when you battled Grail.

Now I do have three more ALT at CR 310 so I may try running the mission in my lairs by clicking it in my journal to see what that hand out. Thing is I could get different temples or they could all be the same. hey first day the DLC went live I didn't see anyone but NUbia in a temple all day on all 7 alts. Have not seen that happen again since though
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Villans r more hardcore, we dont need heal barrels it seems hahaha
  17. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I queue it on my main last night and I got into Bombshell Wonderwoman version and I checked before the fight even started it wasn't anywhere in the room. Very odd, it could be some kind of bug.
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay last report for the day I SWEAR :rolleyes:

So i grabbed my other three CR 310 alts and instead of doing the walk in to a temple from the zone I qued up and was warped inside.

To keep it as brief as possible

first on land me in Aphrodite's temple ... Healing crystal at sub boss and none when I got to Grail

second sent me to Hera's temple.. same report.. Crystal at sub boss nothing at the chamber where I battled Grail

third time I wound up in Athena's temple and HOLY SH___ ___ Batman there were healing Crystals in both boss chambers

So over all I ran the mission 7 times today and there was a healing Crystal at the chamber with each sub boss 7/7 BUT I only found two in the final chamber where I had to battle with Grail 2/7! Oh and just to keep it really "confusing" I found one in that last room when I walked into Aphrodite's temple and found the other when i warped into Athena's temple so NO it was random not the same temple every time.

Also in all 7 cases the healing Crystal vanished from the room with the sub boss as soon as the battle was over.. I may have hit one of those during the battle the other 6? LIKE I said before I think they have them set up to disappear when the fight ends so no one can go grab on and bring it back for the fight with Grail.

Looks pretty random to me and tomorrow .. I could see totally different results.. Just to be clear.... LOL that was it today Oh I will be doing the solo 7 mopre times tomorrow but I will NOT be filing reports on my finding here. WHAT? I did my part you want more YOU go run the thing a few dozen times and write down what YOU find! LOL:D
    • Like x 1
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I ran it twice today, got Nubia and Flash Point WW, both times the healing crystal was not in the final boss room at all.
  20. El Guapo Well-Known Player

This is the thing ive noticed.

I've run this on alts & they're weaker so they die sometimes.
    On top of the repair vendor there is a vase, why its there idk, but i break the vase (this is before i start the solo)
    When i die on an alt & repair there is a crystal sitting on top of the soda vendor.
    Idk why its there but i break it.
    When i get to grail room there's a crystal in there. I've noticed this several times.
    I cant tell you how full-proof it is but ive noticed it there more times after i die and do those steps than not.