I met , well sort of anyway, a guy that says he can solo the bounties already in the new DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Aug 17, 2020.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL Okay I just kind of had to pass this on.... SO I was on my main and joined a team that was spamming the bounties in the Wonderverse. Team was doing great and we were on our third or forth trip around the zones kicking but with a pile of other players.

Every so often a player would leave the team.. Had their fill for the day or something to do in the real world . whatever. SO this guy leaves. no big deal and by the next boss battle he has been replaced,.

Then I get this tell saying "I don't NEED your team anymore" 1) I'm not the team leader and I didn't invite him to begin with so why would I care? 2) Like I said before the next boss appeared he'd already been replaced. I sent a short tell back basically telling him OKAY what makes you think I care?

MY guess? He forgot how the team leader even was and some how decided it was me? I still have no clue if he left the zone or just decided he didn't need a team he'd just play solo. And as you can guess I made just a huge effort to find out .. NO I DID NOT :p

I did pass alojng his messsage in team chat to the leader and we all got a good laugh. Just how bad do you have to be to not even remember who invited you to a team? I wonder just how much damage he did while on the team or was he that guy over looking at the buildings and admiring the architecture.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm rarely in a group when I do the bounties, but I do the rounds in populated phases.
    • Like x 4
  3. Controller Devoted Player

All this and I'm 'TRYING" to find the sweet spot where I can do as less damage as possible and STILL collect the full reward lol.

They MUST count the orbitals because most of the time I try to Troll these bounties.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I do both.... Hey if the group in huge enough nothing lasts long enough to really hurt you plus even if you end up on one knee just REZ and run back .. Done that a bunch of times between all my alts. Can be nice though and I generally ask if anyone has room on a group. Always nice having a healer to keep you standing upright.. plus some of those feats like extinguishing fires go a lot faster when 7 other people are helping, Oh and do not forget those 250 thing that spawn from the Hydra's teeth.

Best part is win or lose as long as you TRIED to defeat them all those bosses hand out some cash .. you just get more and those extras if the Bounty losses and WE win! YAY
  5. Brit Loyal Player

"Not needing a team" is not the same thing as being able to solo the bounties.

A player who can deal enough damage for full rewards, and who doesn't require healing from somebody else, can follow along with the pack in a populated phase, not being part of a group, but also not being able to do it alone.
    • Like x 4
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Because of the timer, these bounties will be impossible for a solo for a long time, like a tank, I can tank any of these bounties all day, but because of the timer I will still lose; (
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

GUYS, guys LOL the Title is a joke. Between the timer that Brit mentions and all the adds that appear along with the bounty there is no way I could possibly think of that anyone could actually rush in and defeat one alone. It just struck me as funny when that guy sent me a tell informing me he no longer needed "my" team.

Oh sure a player can attack one without being on a team so technically he or she is soling but there better be a big pile of other players around attacking that same boss or it won't take long before you are on one knee waiting for the timer to tick down so you can hit escape and wind up back at the entrance.

As I mentioned I have "soloed" a number of bosses in that zone but always had several groups of players there attacking as well. Hey I have a good pile of SP, my augments are at maximum and all my artifact are above 170 and climbing so I can stay alive and assist those teams in destroying the bad guy. Heck Murk's sister passed me a note last night that said "please stop picking on my little brother" LOL:p
  8. Dwild Well-Known Player

Worst thing about bounty farming is when you get like 4 friends together and try to phase into boss battles and get the "area is full" message....spent half an hour last week trying to get into areas with significant players...only there were apparently too many significantly large groups. Occasionally you can win one with eight people but you better have the right mix.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

It may be different depending on time of day but that is true even if you are solo. Heck I have seen people on the LFG looking to get more folks in their phase to help out BUT when you try to phase with that person the zone is full. Some times it is a little easier if you join a team but I've even been denied entry to a zone because it was full when I was part of a team in that zone.

Hate to say it but the system kind of sucks
  10. Berza Committed Player

Dropping an orbital is enough to close the gap between low tier and top tier rewards, so if your work as a troll is enough to make you get 3 Aethers, adding an orbital is enough to make you get 6. I have a leaguemate who tanks the bosses and he usually gets low tier if he forgets to drop the orbital or if it misses, but always get top tier if the orbital hits.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Same except i always do One of 2 Things
    1) add friends to a group to play with them and chat
    2) add league mates to a group to play with them an chat
  12. RylynneHelm Active Player

if by solo them he means he does not need a group. ok. if by solo he means he can...solo them...lmao