Dimensional Ink how do you feel the new bounty system is going?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have learned a lot, so far - things we are still working on for this DLC, and things to do differently in potential future DLCs. We are pleased with the freshness of a new kind of content, the excitement, and generally good with the all-over-the-place feedback as you all experience and adapt to something truly new.

We know the contribution system needs more work, boss scaling and tuning needs more work, phasing needs quite a bit more work (not that the issues are new with this DLC), and so on. We're interested in seeing how things go throughout the life of the DLC.

That said, more people are playing more frequently and for longer sessions, which was one of the core goals with this attempt at something new. There's more game and more to do, and that's really satisfying.
    • Like x 23
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I have mixed feelings about these bounties.

Please don't replace one piece of content with bounties in the future though. Having only one raid is sad. Maybe you guys can add another one midway through Wonderverse? Even just something arena-style?
    • Like x 1
  3. The Jeff Well-Known Player

All valid points. It's good the devs are not only working on things, but also interacting directly with the community. DCUO is one of the few games I've seen where that happens with the frequency and level of this game.

I consider myself casual and play a lot, but my money goes more towards base items and things like that than towards replay badges. As such, my feedback isn't as focused on best in slot or elite raid feats. For me, it's more about lag and playability.

Pertaining directly to the bounties, I think if you could find a way to eliminate the lag issue, possibly tied to phasing issues, it would help tremendously. Getting into a bounty group on PS4 becomes incredibly bad. The other issue I see far too frequently is the UI glitch. It seems worse in the Atlantis themed parts of the new content than in others. Fighting Murk or running CoP once you port to Atlantis is extremely glitchy. It makes the Poseidon fight extra epic when you do it without a UI. It's rough as a controller. Watching my wife heal it was at least humorous, so that was a bonus.

All in all, I like the new content for the most part. Inclusion of open world bounties is interesting, but I won't call them world bosses. The four versions of the solo, each with its own entrance and a keyed drop to the potion making thing adds some variation and makes it less stale. The open world zone seems like more could have been done. It's just a few hallways and recycled backdrops from other Amazon DLCs with four sets of different mobs. Not very creative, tbh. The story is good. The writing is okay but could have had better dialogue. The base items don't seem like they llive up to the theme. There are so many cool things in the instances that could have been turned into decor, but we got some banners, statues, and Greek letter tiles as the common items. Bland. There are a few cool decor items, but not many.

Just my feedback as a filthy casual.
  4. Legasei Well-Known Player

How do you prefer the bounties and solo to have been done?

Which of the past DLCs did the best in offering that?
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Well, they described in detail what their intentions are with the Open World Bosses during the Wonderverse Preview livestream and have reiterated their intentions several times in the Test Server-Wonderverse Open World thread and Developer Discussions - Windervetse Open World thread. But if you want to disagree with the words that came directly out of their mouths, I suppose that’s your prerogative. I think they believe they were being IN touch with the community and it’s repeated requests for something new and different from the cookie cutter format that has been repeated every single DLC going back a few years. However you could make a strong case that they fell prey to the all-to-common mistake of believing that people actually mean what they say if what they’re saying is in direct contradiction to human nature. Human beings are first and foremost creatures of habit. We make more than ten times the amount of decisions based on habit than we do based on critical thinking, analysis and reason. If you give a human being a situation that even remotely resembles something they’ve done several times before, that “auto-pilot” switch gets flipped faster than you can say”droning on”.

One could make a strong case pretty easily that the single toughest challenge for entrepreneurs and established businesses alike is figuring out how to create and deliver a balanced blend of innovation and familiarity when those two elements at their most basic cores couldn’t be more contradictory.

I do believe the devs continually and severely overestimate how well information that is disseminated through livestreams, forums, twitter, etc reaches and circulates throughout the whole community. There is a ton of opportunity for improvement in this area either by creating new channels through which to deliver information or better utilizing existing ones. Until they do, the community as a whole will continue to do things like mistake Open World Bosses for bounties.
    • Like x 1
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I'm actually already fed up with the new bounty system.
    It's bad enough trying to get to a phase with enough people from your own faction but then if you try to warp using the teleporter, oh guess what you have been dc'd.
    And by the time you get back in IF you can get back to that phase or even get lucky enough to get a re-invite from the same group the bounty is done.
    I like the attempt at the change for something different but considering the fact that nothing ever gets fixed (dc'ing while warping, rallying, etc) or never even works from the start with new episodes (bounty scaling, 2nd part of alert, etc) this new episode is turning into not only a massive headache every time I try to do anything but it's also turning into a major time hog.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It was supposed to say "I dont do all the general feats" damn typos

I have all map feats and teamups as I said and up to 500-750 of alot of the general LPvE feats
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Let's see you dont like bounties, which ppl claim are to grindy, and you also dont like the new solo which ppl have cried it's too grindy gee wonder why you dont this content?

Could it be you just dont like to grind for your rewards?
    • Like x 1
  9. Beverly B New Player

It's to hard to built up the head augments I have 14 toons also we don't get enough splinter coins I Guess that's because we only have one raid
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I like the new open world bosses, it's a nice change of pace from the same old routine from previous DLCs. Only thing is, once people have gotten all the feats and eather they need, nobody will be doing these anymore. That's how it is with the DCUO community. We binge on new content and never want to go back to it when we're through with it.

So good luck to those who aren't farming the open world bosses now. You'll have no chance with them in about a month from now.
  11. Beverly B New Player

Having to spam the bounties is a major pain I spammed 3 days straight got every feat and still need 975 empyrean aether's it hard to do anything else or play with any of your Alts
    • Like x 2
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

I don't like the solo because of the 4 variants that really aren't different.

I don't have any comments on how the bounties could be different except that the price for an item in the vendor is high in my opinion and the lack of fun items in there like base items.

As for the variety, I like running many different dlc content throughout the day. Not just bounties, which for now seems to be what the people are doing. I was not commenting on this dlc vs another, but that the bounties limit what is done in game.
  13. dresserball Dedicated Player

No that is not the reason. I have much more LPVE feats then you. I got the tragic the gathering and 1000 treasure chests without any skip And the list goes on. You can infer what you want about it.

I simply don't like the solo because it was billed as 4 different solos and you pick the one you want, but I don't see it that way. I see it as one solo and the had me disappointed.
  14. spikeat Well-Known Player

That's insane you did 15 in a day cause I get tired after 3 rounds. lol And that's coming from a person who usually take down 50 bounties per week between my alts, which I find fun. The structure and process of completing these new bounties are such a long drag.

My new method of completing these new bounties is to only log on when I having a meal, watching tv, or working on other tasks around the home. First I find a good phase. Next I park my toon waiting for the bounty and step away. I wait for the trumpet sound to kill the bounty in a minute or so, then go back to watching TV or whatever I was working on. I have 40 more to go and hopefully the masses are almost done as well, because we need more players running the old contents and new alert regularly. Those queue are dried up, and even the new alert can take a while to pop.

I'm seeing a trend as I'm doing these bounties. If a full phase narrowly beats Hydra with 1 minute left to spare, everyone will disband and find a new phase. Everyone is searching for the phases where they can ignore Hydra's teeth mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I don't understand this sentiment. Really one of the only potentially adverse differences is that it takes more than 8 to beat the boss, which isn't too difficult to manage, and there's not an elite version. Other than that you get the same amount of marks, but there's additional marks and there's no reset. So it's actually better because you can keep playing the raid and keep getting things without needing resets. When there's a double/triple currency weekend, people aren't doing the raids over and over. They're replaying the bounties. They get the same amount of marks as raids, and they don't have to worry about failing, pretty much the same thing as the open world bosses.
    • Like x 1
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

How is killing Murk 100 times, Ares 100 times, Athena, 100 times, Kalibak, and Stephenwolf 100 times new? Or Hydra 50 times new? How is any different then killing Starro 100 times, Brine Hulk 100 times, Doomsday 100 times? Manbat 50 times, Calbot 50 times..or any other bounty 50 or 100 times?
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It was a tad bit much but wanted to get the grind while the grinding is good haha. I'm going to finish the head catalysts tonight or tomorrow then taking it down to 2 per night and probably 10 between Saturday and Sunday's. I don't do much besides scroll thru fb during them. Maybe laundry and some other things. But if you were doing 3 a day since launch, that's already in the 40s. Plenty of players already hit their 100 I'm sure.
    • Like x 1
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

You missed the point completely. Some people play this game for the story and the interesting places a raid can give us. It isn't about the coins specifically.

Also because of the league I am in, it is much easier for me to do a raid then the bounties. We have a raid schedule and it works for us.
    • Like x 1
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's not hard to understand.

Raids are more fun and offer a change of scenery.

These bounties are ehn to ok-ish as an EXTRA. But if they're meant to replace instanced content, then they should just be shelved permanently.
    • Like x 1
  20. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Great idea but the execution is bad. The zones are mediocre and too small for something like this. The Bosses need there mechanics to shine. There should be strategy involved

I want this to evolve into Chain Events with Story Telling in the open world and make it possible to get good gear from doing this kind of content that matches with raids. I believe in content paths its something the dev's should look into & do something about pvp its also a path for alot of players well used to :oops: