Listen to briefings to learn teasers about potential future episodes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 8, 2020.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

We've had this before a few times.

Batwoman discussing Batman's research in JLD - a subtle teaser for the Metal episodes.

Lex Luthor seeing things beyond the Source Wall beyond comprehension. Zeus also sensed this at the end of Fractured God Sphere. My guess is that this is teasing a big episode featuring Perpetua at some point, probably next year - and Wonderverse is also a part of this.
    This briefing also teased Tamaran and Starfire's home, and also the DCeased comic event.

There was a briefing about the second coming of Onimar Synn. Maybe at the time Metal Part II came out this was a foreshadow for the bounty?

There's a briefing in Wonderverse about another Themyscira, and the person recommends you to 'go to the future' and 'meet the Legion'. Hmm interesting. Maybe we'll finally get that Legion of Super Heroes ep. This briefing also included a threat from Spectre and the Pax Dei. Maybe teasing another magic themed episode. (There's still a few loose ends to the JLD storyline so maybe Legion and this are connected somehow) - interesting as well that John Constantine Is the one who mails this reward. I also don't think it was by accident that the devs added a Heaven and a Hell section to FGS raid, and we may see more Heaven-like instances in the future now that Spectre has been disturbed.

My guesses for Episode 39 are:
    1. Legion of Super Heroes episode with a strong connection to the events in JLD
    2. Something to do with Perpetua - my guess is this will be later and episodes for now will be leading towards a big finale with Perpetua
    • Like x 8
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I knew Barbatos was coming as soon as I heard that Batwoman briefing. No other entity I’m aware of is both personal enough to Batman to fully occupy him and also big enough to eclipse the Lovecraftian Daemons and Lords Of Chaos.
  3. inferno Loyal Player

To be honest, I think the story telling is where the DEVS fail the most. These are great moments in Dc Universe and I think they are misusing the investigation and briefings to tell the story. I just got a investigation/briefing in the solo about Queen Diana sending a message about some sort of drivel. I wish Multiverse or torikumu would do a youtube video on each episode that collected and edited the investigation/briefings and all the cutscenes or intructions because I really want to know how effective the story is being told. Right now, I am only able to vaguely follow as I read the comics.
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Another thing. The Spectre and Pax Dei are also connected to Neron, who is a supervillain in DC Comics. Maybe he may make an appearance in EP39/EP40.
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

6. Raven Roth Committed Player

Hippolyta was also displaced across time
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nice finding, but you just crushed my hopes of a Martian Manhunter episode (idk why the devs hate him so much, the only time he got to say something important outside the communicator was in the aquaman/mera/circe mission), so thumbs down for you :p ...

Hell/Heaven are two of the 8 opposites that compose the Sphere of the Gods, just like New Genesis and Apokolips and Underworld (Hades realm, Phantom zone) and the Skyland (Olympus, Asgard), so yeah not by accident but I don't believe it's related to anything else, although they probably are going to reuse the angel models for somethig.
  8. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I've enjoyed watching the Black Lightning TV show and the whole storyline involving Freeland, Tobias Whale, the Markovians, etc. Why not an episode built around that? We'd have a new city to explore / do missions in (Freeland) and I think it could be very interesting and a lot of fun. Just an idea.
  9. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I wasn't crazy about the redesign for Zauriel. I much preferred his armor and helmet from JLA
    [IMG]Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.40.27 PM by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    The hood just seemed very off to me. (I mean I guess it's good with Monk robes if you want to show the Pax Dei in Formal attire. But for Battle armor situations I think a Helmet looks better (But that's just my opinion)
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

With Spectre and the Pax Dei mentioned, it reminds me a little of a Justice League storyline called Rise of Eclipso:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_(DC_Comics_character)

[IMG]

Kind of a lackluster story to adapt, but it could be built into something.
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

When I ran the raid and Zeus said something about something powerful on the other side of the source wall, that told me Perpetua is coming.
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Not necessarily. The Martian Manhunter played a big part in the fight against Perpetua. I'm not sure how much you would want to know more but I would say the Martians were a big piece in the story and Perpetua's grand design. As much as they mixed in multiverse versions of Wonder woman in the story of the source wall being broken; the eventual continuation of the source wall issue is Perpetua.