Price of Membership.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skullzin, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Skullzin New Player

So, I am an old Brazilian player, I have been playing for years, and because of my work I had to give some periods of break. This week, after a few months without logging in, I logged into my account and when I see it, the Membership price of 1 month from 24.99 Reais has changed to 85,90 Reais, it is the same thing as it was 24.99 Dollars and increased to $85,90 suddenly. Would you think this is normal?
    I know that the Brazilian Real is low, 1 Dollar today is 5 Reais, but the dollar has already hit 4.25 in 2012 and 2018, and many times was 3, and the Membership price has never changed, or has changed little.
    Now a change of 4x more in the middle of a world economic crisis, in the middle of a quarantine?
    How is it possible for a Brazilian to pay for such a plan?
    I can accept an increase, after years at the same price, go to 30 Reais, 35, up to 40 a month, but from 24.99 to 85?
    The same thing happened with Daybreak Cash, the 10,000 Db package was 180 Reais, now it is 487 Reais. Imagine paying 180 Dollars and raising it to $487.
    Sorry DCUO, but that is totally out of the condition of any Brazilian, except a millionaire.
    The normal minimum wage here is 1045 Reais, imagine someone being able to pay 487 for Daybreakcash, it is impossible, sorry.
    I hope that someone sympathizes and realizes that the value has been exaggeratedly increased here and lower it, or unfortunately me and many Brazilians players will have to stop playing and the number of players will fall.
  2. Starblast Well-Known Player

I believe they stated they were aware of this issue in Brazil and trying to fix it? i thought they did. maybe it is an error. Anyhow, all content should be open for you to play. The newest content is the event version so if you haven't played or at the right CR you would still not be able to enter the regular/elite content.
  3. Skullzin New Player

I know they did the free content, but whenever my work give me time I like to log into my account, renew my membership, and play the latest content released, make trade, use my money in game, buy collections, now with the launch of Flashpoint Time Capsule, and with this week of discount at Quarks, I like to buy and enjoy this content, as I always did, and I will not be able, is totally out of my financial condition and 99% of any Brazilian.
    I already spent a lot of money on this game, I don't mind spending it... but, as long as it is a fair price, as it was.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They very recently updated cost exchanges for Brazil and Canada.
    • Like x 1
  5. Skullzin New Player

[IMG]
    https://imgur.com/5RoJyO9

Look how many times i spend money, only in Feb 2020. And i play since 2013.
    I dont care spending money, i work for it, but increase the price from 180 Reais to 487? it's absurd.
    In Feb Dota2 Membership was 16 Reais, as shown in the picture ... today it is 24 Reais, a normal increase, I do not complain.
    But the increase that DCUO made was totally out of condition for any Brazilian. I'll not spend any more money on this game, sorry.
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

The problem with not updating currency prices is that with a VPN you can go and find a country with a lower cost and buy it from there. Steam is now cracking down on this.

Good luck, but I don't think they are going to change it. Why worry about dollars when you have whales that throw thousands?
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is an unfortunate issue for you and all players from your territory but one that is an issue with your current economic situation.

This year the program that calculates the currency exchange rates has been updating for what seems to be the first time in a long time in some areas.

Canada was the first to be hit with new higher prices with DCUO but they are only slightly different with their currency to the US, so it was only about $5. As for Brazil, well this shows you the massive disparity that that economy has.

• Like x 2
  8. Skullzin New Player

I know about the economy, but that is not the point, the issue is the excessive price increase.
    I am not a low class person, I live in a beach town, I have 2 own houses, car, dog, job, all the best thanks to God, and even so I never saw in my 30 years as a player a membership as high as this, or an increase as absurd as this.
    I have since BFV, BF1, Cod Warfare, CSGO, Waframe, Dota2, Swtor and many other online games and I never, I repeat, never saw a membership with this monthly price, not to mention the price of the Daybreakcash I mentioned before, which is more absurd.

As I said before, I accept an increase in values, it is normal, it is even good to value the work of the company that made the game, but this increase they did was totally outside the standards of any Brazilian, they made without any type of research or evaluation.
  9. Skullzin New Player

For any of you who don't understand what I mean.

For comparison, The "Wow" game, one of the most popular games in the world, the price of their Membership plan is 78 Reais for 90 days!
    Other game is one of the most recent games that came to Steam in the last few months was "Star Wars the Old republic online", their membership plan is 93 Brazilian Reais for 90 days!

DCUO is now 85 Reais for 1 , i repeat, ONE single month!
    Totally outside the standards of any game in the world, and outside the conditions of ANY Brazilian.

This abusive increase reaches the point of being a lack of respect with Brazilian players, some who have been in the game since the beginning. If Daybreak doesn't want Brazilians to play DCUO, ban the game from our country, but don't do it with the players.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

Na verdade o problema não foi a DBG ter aumentado o valor, porque ela não o fez. O problema foi ela não ter feito uma localização pros preços aqui no Brasil. O valor da assinatura está condicionado ao dólar e ainda sujeito a mais 6,25% de IOF. Como o dólar aumentou absurdamente nos últimos meses, o valor da assinatura também. Se o dólar dobrar mês que vem, a assinatura também vai dobrar.

O que a DBG precisa fazer é um preço específico pro país, como a Blizzard fez com o WoW, por exemplo.
    • Like x 1
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Today i added $20 daybreak cash and it cost me $27.77 canadian. My 3 month membership costs me $58.73,so ya it sucks living in canada when it comes to pricing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Noble One Committed Player

OMG are you for real?!?!
  13. Skullzin New Player

Now Imagine paying $85 for one single month membership... welcome to Brazil.

Não. Eu jogo desde o primeiro ano do jogo, e posso afirmar que ja vi o dolar bater 4 e 4,5 outras vezes, e nunca houve um aumento desses. Já vi diversos aumentos no preço do cash e do plano de membro, mas nunca um tão alto, e é essa a minha reclamaçao.
    Agora, melhor a gente falar ingles aqui no General.
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually that is exactly the point. The exchange rate wasn't being properly updated for some time by the system that works on DCUO, so this is an understandably massive shock but that just shows you how much changed in the time the system wasn't properly updating.

I do understand that this really sucks but there's not much that can be done, the exchange rate is what it is. DGC has no control over these things, a separate entity does all of this type of stuff as my quote of Mepps showed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Skullzin New Player

Wow, nice!
    So the "entity" that makes the excharge update rate from DCUO, is 4x more expensive than the entity that makes the conversion from Wow, BFV, BF1, CSGO, Warframe, Swtor, Dota2, and all the others online games in the world as i said in the other reply. Nice to know that, it does make sense, cool.
  16. Skullzin New Player

I have a question for the Devs, @Mepps and others...
    Answer me if it is possible for a player to get all the elite equipment, new artifacts, feats, and collections, before the next DLC is released or even the Two next DLCs releases, without spending 1 cent on Daybreak Cash or paying the Membership Plan, is it possible?
    I answer it myself, no.
    Nobody plays to stay behind, chasing old content.

Now how will a Brazilian player buy the 10000Db Plan if it costs 487 Reais now?
    The minimum Brazilian salary is 1045 Reais, does anyone think it is right to spend 50% of their monthly salary on Daybreak Cash?

This is my last post, and I hope that some Dev sympathizes with these absurd prices that were placed here, or until next month, I will stop playing, and this time, it will be without going back.
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

It may sound like an excuse, but there is an explanation for this:

Back in the other times, dollar ratings were updated MONTHLY, so if mid-january the ratings were up, then back to normal by the end of the month, the price wouldn't increase. Last year our president approved a change that allows all the ratings to be updated daily instead. So, if tomorrow, dollar goes back to 1, the membership price will be 1-1 again.
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Daybreak doesn't have representatives at Brazil, so they won't update prices based on Purchasing Power Parity (The amount of goods you can buy in Brazil for example X the amount of goods you can buy in the US for example, with the same amount of money) like Blizzard (For what I have searched they have people working for them on Brazil and being paid with BRL) and Riot (same), but just on normal currency exchange rates (Which is in fact bad, because unless Brazil had hyperinflation, there was no way you could lose so much in PPP in a few years, but since daybreak doesn't hold anything at Brazil, there really isn't a lot they can do).

AFAIK Mepps already talked about the brazillian problem here and it's not something they can change, since daybreak pays their workers and servers with US dollars, not receiving their payments in US dollars but less money coming from a weaker currency instead is not worth for them, also, people could just VPN and buy membership/daybreak cash with a discount and take advantage of that by either selling for a lower price things like Booster Bundles and Replays or just abusing the cheap membership for years.

If your currency gets stronger after the pandemic ends and they don't update the prices again, you should ask for a currency change to USD and pay with a international card, but I don't see how they can make it better for you right now without making it bad for them. You should have just bought lifetime when you had the ~70% discount, but I can't blame them here, it was not bad on their part for not updating the prices before and increase them overtime, if it took them 4-5 years, that's 4-5 years of discount (in fact, by looking at google, even if they updated it 4 years ago, you'd still be paying at least double).
    • Like x 1
  19. Wallflower Level 30

Like others have said, it's not Daybreak's fault that your country has a closed economy and thus has high inflation. You were actually getting an unintentional discount for years.
  20. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player