Breakthrough on Augments is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clothez, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Clothez Active Player

Honestly this is just a rant post, as it's ridiculous.
    I've collected and paid for the FIRST breakthrough 5 times now for my augments. LIKE HONESTLY just go ahead and tell us we have to buy seals. Failing that that many times with an 80% chance is just actually stupid and the fact that there's even a chance for that is stupid in the first place. Especially towards the end where it's 20% or 3% with artifacts!! Seriously, just go ahead and tell us we have to buy seals... Failing these multiple times is truly terrible and im forced to buy seals or ill never get them to breakthrough. Ridiculous and makes me not even want to continue, especially with this awful grind we have this time around.
    • Like x 3
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I agree that making it look like it’s simply an option can be a little misleading, I’ll be the on to go ahead and tell you. You need to always use a seal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Shoot, I NEVER attempt an Episode Augment without a Seal of Preservation. The Catalysts are too rare to farm, and you cannot simply by them with MoV.

Using Seals for Episode Augments is more important than using them on Artifacts. I can always get more Catalysts dirt cheap. I will not always have a plethora of ORCL Motherboards or whatnot.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

One of the good things about this episode is that they've actually put the catalysts in the Empyrean Aether vendor, so you can get them without ever touching a single On Duty instance. Personally I don't want to use my precious EA on them, but the option is there nonetheless. Hopefully that's a trend that continues into the future. More options are always a good thing.
    • Like x 7
  5. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Learned this lesson the hard way. Dirty greedy DC always finds a way to mile the ever living hell out of your wallet
    • Like x 2
  6. Photonaxan New Player

Failure rate is too high, not sure why it even has a failure rate. Really bad idea reigning on live server.
    • Like x 2
  7. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

You guys are right. Levelling it up is already a pain in the *** and farming catalysts and buying seals is just a stretch. They need to do something about it
    • Like x 3
  8. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

Omg i used a seal of preservation for my art and I never got the catalysts back :(. Wth I want them back I spent so much time and it was a art at level 119. So now I Have to farm all of this again :( some dead game honestly
    • Like x 1
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is why I'm only aiming for 1 23 Aug and a 22 like I always have
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I get break through on artifacts but augments shouldn't have them imo
    • Like x 3
  11. Clothez Active Player

Agreed.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Couple of questions, because we've had cases like this before where people assumed just having a seal would do the job and didn't realise they had to actually place it in the seal slot - are you 100% sure you placed the seal in the proper slot? When you say you didn't keep the catalysts do you mean that the breakthrough failed? Because if it succeeded you still don't get the catalysts back, it's only if the breakthrough fails.

If you are 100% sure that you used a seal and the breakthrough failed and it still ate the catalysts then open up a support ticket. As far as I'm aware they're able to check item logs so they should be able to find out for sure what went wrong.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

W
    yes I’m sure
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I have to agree, the augments break through needs to go. Since we are getting them every dlc now. It's no different then artifacts at this point. Getting old.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not a fan of Adaptive Augments. The breakthroughs are a turn off and the bonuses will never be enticing enough for me to max them all. I just get one to max for the feat and call it a day.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This episode's augments have been a pain in the *** to get the breakthroughs, I can't get a single 1 over rank 16. It also doesn't help that getting any catalyst to drop besides boon of Hermes is annoying. Augments should just never had breakthrough chances added to them...
  17. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

As I hardly raid I never get enough catalysts for the adaptive augment breakthrough. When I saw that those augments were using the Artifact breakthrough sytem, I said 'no way'. I'll get them to lvl 10 and that's it. IMO, the augments should NOT be using that terrible 'breakthrough' system. I may never become a super uber player as a result, but that's fine with me.
  18. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Yeah man i completely get your frustration.

Ive been on edge ever since my rant about artifacts and failing the measly 100 breakthrough 7 times. I havent even mentioned the multiple times ive failed them at 80% as well. 5 times anything fails at 80% is criminal. I refuse to spend money on basic ranks, i wont do it period, and at this point im fine never ranking anything passed 80 or 11 for the augments after the bull---- this game has been pulling.

Its to the point you can literally fail basic ranks till theres a new dlc with new artifacts and augments and youre back at square 1 again. Im fed up with them. Artifacts are for the addicted and the completionists.......who are addicted. Augments should never have that crappy breakthrough range since they have an expiration date anyway.

I know this is about augments but im fed up with the whole breakthrough system. To be honest crafting, augments, artifacts and anything related can kick rocks.
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Let me tell you folks my breakthrough story.......... it fully explains why i dont have more than 1x 200 art and why i dont get to do anything with my loyalty pts except each month i buy 1 seal of completion and get one more rank on an art then i must wait till next month (rinse an repeat).

1 time, trying to break through an art w/an 85% chance it failed 11 times in a row (it ate 11 seals of preservation)
    1 time, trying to break through an art w/an 80% chance it failed 9 times in a row (it ate 9 seals of preservation)
    1 time, (u see where this is going). Had 60% chance an ate 23 seals of preservation......

Its astounding, i genuinly believe the % chance is actually vastly lower than advertised. I cant explain it any other way. % chances r based on averages an law of averages says there's almost no way What happened to me multiple times can even happen.

Seals need to drop from promethium boxes or we need to get some monthy if we have legendary or something to offset this. Pretty unacceptable.
    • Like x 1