Phases Locked This Strictly Was A Horrible Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Aug 1, 2020.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..
    I believe there is; some games have servers that will kick out afk players if a phase become full.
  2. inferno Loyal Player

I've had differing experiences where a group of 25 is capable of burning a boss down in time and another group of 20 can barely move the damage to 50%. I suspect that the first group had a high dps/cr count and the second group may have more support role or event players in it. I don't know if the scaling technology allows for that information of if it's even possible to differentiate.

Also, is it possible that there are TOO many phases that it is spreading the player base around too thinly? Is it possible for the game to determine that a phase is too sparsely populated and if a player were to go to WT and come back it would move that player to a phase that is around 85%?

Eventually as this DLC gets older the players still interested in this DLC has to be funneled into a busier phase.

Funneling players into busier phases can also be later integrated with Instance teleporters so that players who are interested in playing, I.E. God of Monster Raid, can visually see in the map how many players are available and "shout" for more interested parties.
    • Like x 1
  3. Beverly B New Player

This is awful you can't phase with league members or group members please put it back the way it was
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Pretty sure he means people in the phase not doing the fight. Like people doing the solo missions but not fighting.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. I figured he was talking in general, as in content phases (PatchWork Themyscira, BoP, ect.) as there is no need to have a server kick out an afk player in a team mission when the team can do it.

For solo missions, I assumed that the afk timer works faster than in a group mission; at least, that is what I have experienced.
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hey said "not participating" not "AFK". I could be wrong (he'll tell us) but this implies he's talking about "participating" in the boss fights. Anyone in the zone will be in the same phase whether they're fighting or just doing solo missions. It would be a given that anyone AFK regardless of what they're doing should be disco'd if the phase it maxed.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was thinking along the lines of gently shifting anyone
    (AFK or otherwise) not in the bounty area (purple) to a less populated phase. Since all of the bounties are on a schedule there could be a grace period before or after the bounty begins, if you're not in the purple area you'll be automatically warped to the mission hub of a different phase.
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

Oh ok. I think I understand a little better now.

That would be kind of hard to do, especially if other players are actually doing dailies while the bounties are going on. AFK characters and characters who are not engaged with a vendor or inventory menus would be the easiest to shift to another phase, especially if that phase is nearly full and bodies are needed for those bounties. Afk characters are logged out in almost the same amount of time it takes to try to finish a bounty, I think (correct me if I am wrong). That could add up to a lot of 3+ minutes of wasted phase time that could be better used with players who actually want to do bounties and dailies in that phase.

Also, characters who are just parked near or inside of the bounty area and are doing nothing should be "gently" shifted to another phase; that would stop players from running in, getting a few shots in and then parking somewhere near the bounty area just to get credit.
  9. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

10. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Company have battle royale games like PUBg right. Planet Side 2 - map with lot of players. Can try getting beefier servers. All that artifacts money should be re-invested back to servers.

If you're going to do big open world and big bosses, then do it big.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, it's the time limit which makes it a challenge. Sure we like a challenge, but realistically it should be attainable by 16-20 every time, and so far as I've seen it needs more like 30-40 for a lock. This is of course assuming everyone is participating. Part of the issue is right now some of those working on it are jumped up 299s running event. If we were all really 299, with the arties and SP that go along with it, success would likely be more of a guarantee, but as it stands now, out of the 30 odd people beating on the boss, maybe 10 or 12 are fresh off the boat event jumped up toons, which I get they are 299 because of the buff, but buffed 299 and a true 299+ player are not the same thing. Add to that the 'kneeling' players and yeah...not a lock...especially with a timer thrown in.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

you forgot the speed hackers....how can kalibak and stepp be burnt down in 30 secs?:( Been witnessing it since thursday....
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Just a crazy thought here (prefaced by the idea that I hate the World Bosses and I've been seeing the same issues with this that we did with Hands of Fate. Non-instanced boss fights are BAD because this isn't 1998 and we have better options).

But just a crazy thought. How about removing the timers?

In previous Episodes, a Bounty spawned and stayed up until killed. Specifically in Metal II, we saw a situation that paralleled this one, where Giant Metal Hawkman and Obudabi Synn were on alternating spawns. Synn only spawned after Hawkman died, and so on.

We could do the same thing here. Murk comes up, and Murk stays up until he gets defeated. Then 1 minute after Murk dies, Ares spawns. And so on. No more 3-4 minute window. Instead, whatever's up is what's up. If you want to move forward, you kill it and then move forward. Hydra spawns at the end of the 4 boss rotation. The bounties get treated like, you know, every other bounty in the game, and we stop with the need for super-stacking the shards with a bloated population as the only option for completion.

It seems totally backwards that Diana is at 50% life, and Murk is at 2% life when the timer ends, and then we get a message about how Murk defeated Diana. Apparently Diana only had 4 minutes to live, even if she's not getting hit.
    • Like x 2
  14. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

We need to be able to play in any phase!
    I believe that the big problem is in the great amount of health of each boss, to put on the same map, in a short period of time with a 4 clock countdowns in which we need at least 30 players to win and one last one (which depends on the victory in all the previous 4) where a group of 40 or + may not succeed is making everything very difficult.
    I've been having trouble finishing bosses all in the same row, even with groups of more than 30 players. I also know that the fault lies largely with the players, but, you see, you can't count on the majority to know what to do or to be playing together, playing coordinated.
    Many of them play orbital at Hydra just to stop the boss from advancing, they believe it is funny to ruin the boss, because for this type of player it is funny the question that high end players make of having the rewards, so they think: how can we irritate these guys and your boring chars of 200 artifacts? And WOW! The idea of ​​disturbing these bosses was born, I know that devs cannot change that, no one can control each person’s idea of ​​interaction, but asking a group of 40 or more players to work together is also an unreal and inappropriate idea .
    I also foresee a complicated future for players who come after this DLC, because making these bosses will be a problem, even with groups of 8 players in a league, because the feats pass 50 times each of the 4 bosses.
    In my opinion, it would be much more sustainable in the medium and long term, leveling the bosses so that groups with 10-20 can finish them with peace of mind. I know this makes it easier for larger groups, but look at the reality, where are these larger groups?

The phases are either full or empty!

Except that in this limit of the new system, as it is, no one who is in a phase that works, where the bosses are effectively being finished, will go out to try to fill the phase of the friend who is the only one in the group outside.

DEVELOPERS YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND:
    NO GROUP WILL LEAVE A PHASE WHERE PLAYERS ARE BEING SUCCESSFUL TO GO TO THE EMPTY PHASE WHERE 1 OR 2 GROUP MEMBERS ARE.

As it was put, we are in a random game, where going to the right phase is a matter of luck, and that's it. Worse, it is not possible to play if you are in the wrong phase. We need to be able to play in any phase, to be able to make groups of 8 and, together with another 5-6 who are there to be able to win the challenge of the bosses, groups smaller than 20, this will make it possible for the groups to leave from one phase to another without prejudice. . If the initial idea was to make the whole scenario a great endless raid with 5 bosses, I think that raid groups should be able to deal with the situation with a little help and not huge groups of more than 60 people as we saw in the first days and not even closed groups like the ones we're seeing today.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, well I don't like to take them into account as I'd avoid running with them if possible. A group of 40-50 can take them down in 30-40 seconds legit I believe, but yeah, if it's 10 guys...one of them is cheating.
    • Like x 1