Poseidon fight

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Thought this was common knowledge, it even tells you on the screen but I guess not. Can you please roll to the side after Poseidon blast you with water. Do not stand there and let him continue to spray you with water. I can't count on how many times I've seen this happen.

I've seen healers try to heal through it, I've seen dps stand there and not roll hoping the healer heals them through. Not even sure a tank could survive, even they did because they have a better chance of surviving. Able to pick you up is no guarantee, Poseidon likes to drop the pool of water right as a down player is being revive.
    • Like x 6
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Everything about that fight is easy except his water vortex that has a massive aoe range. I'm busy fighting Poseidon and he throws a water vortex under my feet. I have to roll away and even when I do it still does massive damage. Everything else is fine. Maybe that needs to get adjusted because I heard players even complaining that the alert is harder than the raid and honestly it is. Zeus fight just drags on but Poseidon I say the most crazy thing is his water vortex. I mean when he jumps on the air with the mega smash animation ( i know this because he was in the air holding his staff and I moved from left to right and he was still locked on me lol). His staff water vortex does kill even me and I'm a tank. But it's easily avoidable. The water vortex on your feet are not even when you roll away.
    • Like x 4
  3. Legasei Well-Known Player

If your teammates are on PS4, give them the benefit of the doubt. There is a bug in the map on the PS4 version in which the map turns black and your hud disappears until you find a camera angle that brings it all back. If you’re playing on the PS4, then you’re handling it better than most.
    • Like x 4
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you see how glitchy it is for some players??
    My HUD dissapears..... the sky is black..... enemies dissapear..... I fight an invisible Poseidon sometimes.
    The mission is UBER glitchy for some people. I had to literally fight Posseidon blind..... it is a surprise we were able to beat him each time. ;)

EDIT: Silly me... I should have included a visual aid. ;)
    This is the Event version..... but the regular version is as bad.
    • Like x 8
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I never seen Poseidon disappear on me, I'm sorry lol
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While people bring up a valid point regarding PS4, I guarantee that people will still refuse to get out of the way even when it’s fixed. DCUO players are special like that.
    • Like x 4
  7. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

It glitches out on PS4. That's common knowledge too.
    • Like x 3
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Apparently not common enough because it hasn't happen to me on numerous runs.
    • Like x 1
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

100% true and hella funny lmao
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are probably right.... but in this case.... there is a real good reason why some people are struggling. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Been avoiding the alert until it gets fixed. Playing under those conditions was the absolute worst. Sucks missing out on gear, marks and catalysts because the last fight is hot garbage.
    • Like x 8
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I haven't played the alert once where the screen didn't glitch. Half the time I can't see the pools, I have to guess I'm in one because my health vanishes.
    One temporary fix is to look straight down at your character, but trying to hold your camera angle, smash buttons, target, and roll in different directions is next to impossible. Fighting Poseidon is kinda like a spray and pray.
    • Like x 4
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They should add a feat called Blind Fighting for completing this Alert when it is glitching. ;) ;)
    • Like x 5
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I run 1st boss of reg and do the event for last boss rather deal with events sissy damage with screwed up UI and everything else as heal then regs
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I would do that except it feels crappy having to abandon people for the last boss. I'll see if my friends are willing to do it this way temporarily till a fix comes in. Thanks for the idea.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea is what I do, run it with 3 friends. I have left on day 2 to run event. Each day after I've waited for friends and just farmed bounties
    • Like x 1
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

5 successful completions could be a 4 star feat lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Naah as a tank u pretty much dead if you dont roll out
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm on pc, so what happens on ps4, I can't see. Not like the devs have away to tell who is on pc and who is on ps4.
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I hope they are working on a fix for this . I don't run this alert often because it's just a Bloody nightmare. The fact it got released in such a State is disrespectful to all player's . I know they can do better .
    • Like x 1