Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

NOT IN THE EYES OF THE DEVS! Pull your cranium out of your rectum and try comprehending what people are telling you!

Sweet Baby Jeebus, it's like talking to a brick walk. Looks like I have another addition to my Ignore List! :rolleyes:
  2. Legoman Active Player

Where are the full BoP vendor items? The article on the website said they were permanent additions.
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Hey, the one he's asking for has 8 pack abs and the muscular skin we have (athletic I think it is) only has 6 pack abs. Those are completely different. lol
    • Like x 1
  4. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

good you saved me the trouble off adding you on ignore myself and another thing who made you the guardian of this thread you don't got to watch it 24/7 people can post what they want see ya and wont miss ya
    • Like x 3
  5. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

That flashpoint Wonder Woman Helmet. Add that or a slight variation of it to the game via a collection or investigation reward. I need that helmet.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

They should be back on the vendor. Were disabled by accident.
    • Like x 1
  7. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Stop wasting your time arguing with toxic people and just put the dude on ignore and be done with it and don’t take anyone response who isn’t a dev seriously these are the same guys that said slim line gloves needed license from dc which turned out to be false idon’t see a problem with the skin you’re asking for it’s just a skin they have skins that change your body details
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Spoken exactly like someone that hasn't been playing the game that long, and that hasn't paid any attention to what the game's own DEVELOPERS have stated, ON THE RECORD, ON THESE FORUMS, over the last 9½ years.

I've been playing this game about 8 years. There are those that have been playing since the game's BETA TEST. And all of us remember quite clearly that the game launched with NO playable Hard Light characters at all! Fight For the Light was the game's very first DLC, and added playable ring-slingers... without ANY costumes or emblems for their corps. We didn't even have AURAS back then! Sony Online Entertainment had to fight with DC Comics, on behalf of the players, just to be able to give us a Green Aura and a Golden Aura and a Red Aura for our Player Characters!

And being able to give us wearable costumes for the different Corps took even longer, and when they finally arrived, the emblems were color-locked by order of DC Comics, and various details were changed so that they weren't identical to the comic book uniforms, which is why the Disciple of Parallax Chest is a SHORT-SLEEVED shirt, and why the gloves and boots for the Scion of Ion Style Set look so goofy. THAT WAS ALL DONE BY ORDER OF DC COMICS TO MAKE PLAYER CHARACTERS LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE REAL CHARACTERS IN THE COMICS!

All of this was well-documented on these forums years ago, and some of us were around to see those discussions. So, I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but YOU'RE the one that's wrong, because YOU haven't bothered to actually USE THE FORUM SEARCH and READ UP ON THESE ISSUES so that you actually know what you're talking about!

Good day!
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

We're def gonna get Grail's hair at some point, so I don't need to ask for that, but could we get Kalliope's hair, too? And some of the other BOP Iconic's hairs? Like Harley's and Helena's, and Dinah's? Maybe even Lobo's?
    • Like x 2
  10. I3eleth Well-Known Player

I want the hairstlye i saw on the friendly add you save in the solo its a short greek style curly hair.
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I remember those things. Sure my past has shown I’m not Immune to spamming requests either, but I definitely remember and understand those things.
    • Like x 1
  12. Megzilla Developer

These designs are really cool; our license is strictly to the comics though.
    I can't provide a good reason why we wouldn't include more Star Sapphire styles - I read that now men/male lifeforms can be included. The lack of slimlines is usually because they are fairly simple for a gear set; however getting more slimlines in game is one of my goals, and I can definitely try to include some cuts that resemble Lantern slimlines.
    I know this post is old but still wanted to address it - BC Jacket is pretty neutral, though I know it is from the iconic NPC. Hopefully that is satisfactory until the next time we do more street styles.

We have more thigh high boots on the way which I think may help, as we don't really go back and fix really old gear.
    Dresses are really difficult to get buy-in on. Anything that goes past mid-thigh stretches horribly and doesn't look great. As of writing this, I don't know what is involved in looking at our tech and if it is something we can update.
    • Like x 3
  13. Megzilla Developer

Future Donna Troy, whom the style was based on, has those two protrusions. I was hoping to have the blades as shoulder items but the suit got rearranged a bit. I agree, that cape is really awesome.
    Yeah..... we tried... x.x
    You are correct that on a technical level, this could work and would be the approach I think we would have to take. What kind of style do you think of going with it? Slimlines? Like you mentioned, animation clipping is a concern. Which yes is a little hypocritical as many of our current animations clip. But perhaps there is a middle ground?
    D: I have to ask Red5 where we could put it!
    We also have her New 52 slimline in the game, I believe all of her stuff is "Botanical".
    No :( Our cloth sim is not built to support 2 planes of geometry very well (the cape is 1 plane, the emblem texture is the 2nd).
    • Like x 1
  14. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

What about a full belt which you can put your emblem like the burn soul but a complete belt?
  15. Megzilla Developer

Omg lmao.. can you imagine the mess that'd be???
    You have no idea how badly I want to refresh the animal skins.
    I don't know about making hair completely a head item. It is definitely An Option. How to incorporate more beard styles is definitely a conversation we need to have; I feel like I keep saying that haha. I promise it is on the radar.

I think we had the Exobyte suit for awhile. The last OG design I did was the Shim'Tar Regalia suit. Buuuuuuut.... it's not the only one :) Too soon to say anything else!

I don't know much about titles. I will go find out more. But I did pass your idea along!
    What did you ask for? :) There are more highly requested items coming soon! :)
    I think the Fire Soul belt does this. The emblem so SO tiny though x.x
    Just about every discipline would have to touch that to redo our system. So yes it is separating the meshes, but also redoing the database, the styles UI, and prob a lot more that I don't even know.
    No unfortunately. Tons of clipping, and the front would look like how the Formal Dress is - tons of stretching. It would just be a hot mess.
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

On the back, like all other emblems!!!
  17. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

I have the fire soul .i have an idea what about am hybrid between fire soul and the he owlman belt or Gotham knight belt .you can put the emblem like fire soul and you have like stuff as like the character carry gears like Gotham knight or owlman belt just change owlman or Nightwing emblem for the character emblem
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

From the above:
    1) Nubia's belt. Love that minimalist belt. It wouldn't hide my AV costume's waist seems but YOLO. <3 With the lasso at the side is a bonus!
    2) Nubia's Girdle/Breasteplate. <3
    3) Nubia's boots. Not sure how the open toe boots could work with some costume configs but worth pointing out how gorgeous they are.
    4) RedSon WW's boots. classic.
    5) Bombshell WW's bracers.

General [on topoic] request:
    - alternate "Greco Roman" set handstyle. This was a really nice launch style!! Currently it has bracers with those ugly under-socks like the AF2 sets used tho. It would make a really nice stand alone bracer if the undersock was removed.
    • Like x 2
  19. Megzilla Developer

Stay tuned - lots of fantastic hairstyles are on the way. :)
    I hope so - I will find out. I personally vote for that to happen.
    I mean like, where in the game lol.
    I will keep an eye out for more belt-emblem opportunities.
    • Like x 6
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Suggestion 1 - As healer role unlocks at level 10, we could receive it via mail
    Suggestion 2 - As we gain the JLA emblem on level 30, we could receive the cross emblem on level 30 as well.
    • Like x 1