end game woes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VintageWine, Aug 3, 2020.

1. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Maybe I'm just too sensitive right now and need to vent. Also, please do not tell me x, y and z. Ah ah ah, trust me I know, dont take anything what people say to heart ah ah ah, all this other bullsh*t. I'm so tired of being treated like **** in this game, even after apologizing. I was doing the end game content of having to spam boss for the boss feats and things were fine when I was running it with my league mate and a random group, no complaints at all, I barely get complaints about my healing, if I need help my league which I love so much is always there for me and what not.

So I left the group with my league mate to form my own group just so people can phase with me so we have more people in the phase especially when it comes to Miss causing me nightmares Hydra, and I was also on a ******* phone call cause I just wanted to talk to my friend while I game :shrugs: anyways, I apologized saying sorry for anything I'm also on the phone, I'm not the best at multitasking but it's a video game, I've done it before and people tell me it's all good, it's not that serious, it's just a game, etc. Like seriously ever since I got back to the game I've been apologizing before I start an instance simply because I dont feel like getting treated like sh*t.

I'm tired of ***some*** of these end game players and if you're not perfection = let's treat this person like ****, and then when they died they all just started saying "you're ****, you suck *** bubbles" and maybe because I'm already dealing with anxiety and depression cause of Covid and a sh*t ton of other sh*t that's going on in the world too.

I know I know, not an airport, I don't need to announce I might possibly take another long hiatus cause I deleted my all of my toons again, nut I play the game now to destress, have an outlet for my anxiety and ****, but lately this game has been wearing me out.

I guess I just needed to vent I dunno.
    • Like x 3
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Vent away, I have noticed an elitist mentality with these bosses and I just ignore them. This game can wear you down and jerks are always out in force with the new content.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Anybody else here old enough to remember pop sensation M2M?
  4. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Is this supposed to be a joke?
  5. VintageWine Dedicated Player

There is and it is so toxic. Oh my god. The elitist that except so much perfection. Like I’m sorry, Chief but I just got back after a 4 year hiatus. I remember nothing and I’m just playing to have a good time. I used to care about being the very best controller, healer way back when I first started the game now I don’t really care that much on being the top healer or controller. As long as you don’t die lol
  6. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

So your complaint is that you were healing and weren't paying attention so people got mad at you?
    It's great that you apologized, but you don't see why they'd be mad? Healing is one of the most important roles in the game, and your attention is needed. Some people have limited windows of time to play this game, so unnecessary deaths can be a major annoyance. It's one thing to make a mistake here and there. We all do it. It's another thing to be making mistakes because you're not paying attention to what's going on.
    While there are definitely some toxic people out there, and sometimes things aren't said with tact. But if you're not healing well because your attention is elsewhere, you kind of open yourself up to criticism. There are some things in this game that you need to pay attention to, and others that you don't. Nobody will hold it against you if you go do something else while you're on the phone.
    Just my unsolicited two cents.
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's cool, man. yeah, it can get you down, sometimes. let it out. I suffer from anxiety & depression, too, & it doesn't take a lot to send me off on a spiral. if you bought a bag of apples, & one of those apples was starting to rot, what would you do? you'd throw it away, right? because if you don't, it's only gonna start getting in to all the other apples & it'll end up ruining the lot of them. so, you bin it. & then, you get on with enjoying your apples. do that with this game. if you meet someone who's being a *******, add them to ignore. don't even think about it, don't even allow yourself to get worked up over it. just add them to ignore, immediately. job done. now, you'll never have to deal with that someone being a ******* again. get rid of the rot before it sets in. this is your game as much as it is theirs. trust me, they're the minority. most of us? we're alright.

that said, probably be a good idea to put the 'phone down if you're in group content.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

My music obsessions from my teenage years are no joke I assure you.
  9. Psyfur Well-Known Player

From my experiences with this game, I noticed group chat was where toxicity usually started. So what I did was leave group unchecked in my chat settings. The only texts I saw were from league, LFG, trade, tells. I played like that for awhile. With no more toxicity in my bubble for me to dwell on, it allowed me to focus on my progression and become more skilled and confident as a player.

Today, I play with all chats enabled. Why? Confidence. With a single clip of three powers, I can fill up health bars like an extreme soder cola. There’s nothing no one can say that would convince me that I’m a crappy healer.
    • Like x 1
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

Just report them in a support ticket.
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Don't let them get to you. Take whatever time you need.

When we run stuff in the league, we have a really good group of relaxed people so they pretty much don't care and put up with anything. I've blown fights because of getting lost in a pint of Ben & Jerry's and they're like whatever. Plus they put up with my "concept characters" etc. I don't know why they haven't kicked me out already. :D So, they don't mind if you're on the phone or whatever really or even let us all die.

But outside of our group, people are less forgiving. Even if you did make mistakes it doesn't justify mistreatment. Don't put up with toxic behaviour and report them. Hopefully mods and GMs take toxic behaviour more seriously than they use to in the past.

No, her complaint is that she was mistreated because someone felt like their playtime and experience was more important than how they treat another human being.

This is the exact mentality the OP is complaining about. This idea that some hardcore losers' time is somehow precious (or more important than treating someone else with human dignity) is absurdly self-involved. It's a videogame not brain surgery. Most people play for escapism (especially right now) or to have fun and don't take it that seriously. That's the reality of who you're playing with. If you take playing too seriously, that's on you.

When you PUG plan to put time aside to teach, learn and even struggle; it's part of the experience with running with strangers. If your time is so important to you where it matters if you die, or wipe with the group; you don't really have time to play a videogame and shouldn't be. You definitely shouldn't be running random PUG groups at all, and should probably only play with people who meet your "skill" standards. Give us a headsup tho so we can all avoid grouping with you saving everyone some headache.
    • Like x 1
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Hey vintage add me if you're USPS4 villain side the folks I play with dont crap on others we try to better other people, unless we're ball busting with each other ign is Offending habits