Why not complete crossplay?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GL_Xistel, Aug 2, 2020.

1. GL_Xistel New Player

So I was reading that PS4 and PC have crossplay between them, but not Switch or Xbox One. Is the reason technical?

I would assume if any crossplay would be possible, it'd be between Xbox and PC.

In general, we've seen some games that are crossplay across the board, like Fortnite and COD. So I'm guessing it's possible
    • Like x 1
  2. Noble One Committed Player

because its a money thing with micrsoft, sony, and nintendo. THEY are the reason why there is no cross play. its has nothing to do with DCUO. if you want cross play your messages should be to them.
    • Like x 3
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Don't assume things like that. Many games have megaservers with PS, XBOX and PC this days. Maybe DCUO isn't allowed to, but I don't think the devs gave us this kind of information in the past 2 years (They said something about it but a long time ago AFAIK, before games like Fortnite and Warzone even existed).

PC and PS crossplay was like 4 years ago, so they would never do Xbox and PC crossplay if they couldn't put PS on the same server. As I said above, I have no idea what the reasons are. It could be on Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony side but also technical, since there is the patching approval difference and in-game economy/items problem
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

You're responding to an assumption with another assumption.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its a contract and lawyer situation that Crossplay isnt available. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo and honestly others have halted or slowed down this process. Devs have stated they want full crossplay but atm it isnt possible.

While Crossplay is of course available for other games, not every game will have the same luck with negotiations and also not play fair with others.

Only time will tell if we get full crossplay but even before then, the Economy needs to get its sh*t together before we even introduce such a thing.
    • Like x 2
  6. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

tbh i think if full crossplay does come, for the time being swicth an xbox broker sells would just not work, the difference in prices between ps/pc an switch an xbox is night an day, some people can look past it but alot of ppl would come complaining. also i have no idea as to why it isnt implemented, 1 issue that comes to mind is definitly names, if someone has a toon named The Batman or anything iconic from anywhere, an they just merged the severs at this point i can see that causing issues, as to why they didnt just enter crossplay when it released idk, i dont even know when the games launched on xbox an switch tbh, but it could have been during that time sony didnt want crossplay in anything, luckly now tho they have definitly opened up on that front
  7. Brit Loyal Player

When the Switch servers were opened last year, the official statement (which is still on their FAQ on the website) is that they would love to have Nintendo Switch be cross-play compatible with other servers; however, as of this time, Nintendo has not granted them permission to do this.

No assumptions. Straight from the horse's mouth. In the FAQ, the state that they are dedicated to seeing cross-play become available in the future if the situation should ever become an option.
  8. Noble One Committed Player

im not assuming any thing. we do currently have pc and ps crossplay (which that alone to years) so my bad on that one but for the others its still on microsoft and nintendo to decide. this has been stated in the past by the devs BEFORE pc and ps3. its a money issue for crossplay in any game. some deal with it before game release. then there are times its way after launch.

tbh i dont think we will see a crossplay with pc, xbox, and ps (you can forget nintendo). we should be lucky to have what we have. but if you want a full crossplay you still have to go to mircsoft and nintendo as its still on them IF we get one.
  9. Swamarian Committed Player

My guess is that Sony's still the holdup. My guess is that the contract allowing crossplay has them be the only console connected to the PS/PC servers.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For the record, I'd bet any amount on the fact that if Xbox had DCUO when the PS4/PC merge was started, it would have been Xbox/PC instead and PS4 would be it's own thing. Xbox is basically a PC, I'm sure the conversion would have been natural.

One thing I could see happening someday is a PC player being able to pick between a Xbox or PS4 server. Not flip flop between the 2, but 2 different choices when setting up the account that would allow for different cross play. I don't think you'll ever see true Xbox/PS4(5)/PC cross play....and Switch? I'd guess that will be dead within a year or whenever a 'switch 2' is launched.