Wonderverse not so wonderful for solo/duo players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robert-Vim, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Wonderverse, in my opinion, is amazing but It's IMPOSSIBLE to please everybody.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was thinking this myself... absolutely nothing saying him and his kid cold not team up and run the 4 different daily solo missions. Now I am assuming the solo is a SOLO so even if you do the walk in versions you could be outside right next to each other and technically on a team but if you both went in you'd be on separate maps.. But that is no different than any other solo challenge.

You don't like alert or raids? those 4 dailies and that solo challenge alone add up to 6 armor drops a day and check in with Steve Trever when you arrive on map and you grab 6 marks a day as well.

Now I'd love to see a duo as well.. of course I'd have also enjoyed seeing a 2nd raid as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I do have to disagree with some of your statement "I don't think it's accurate to say this episode (from our intent is focus on making groups more." Because you guys decide that to get full participation reward you need to be in a group. If you don't do enough damage you only get partial participation reward. Not like if you see a group going after the bounties, you jump in there get your marks and leave like previous dlc. So I can see why the op feels the way he feels.
    • Like x 5
  4. Dwild Well-Known Player

I can do the solo's and the open world missions and can sometimes get 4 ppl together for the alert. But it seems like Ares, Athena, Murk and the twobee mission are like the CalcBot and Metahuman fights...takes more than a few people to take them out...and not seeing a horde charging out to stop Ares or Athena. Am I misunderstanding how those fights are supposed to be done? Seems like there arent enough people heading out when the messages pop up.
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This differs from the raid the new World Bosses are substituting for, exactly how, please?

I'm pretty sure that when it was two raids, we didn't have raids that you could "jump in there get your marks and leave." Please remind me of which raids allowed that in previous DLCs?

If you can't, then nothing has changed, has it? Whether it's two raids you won't do because they're groups that require at least ten to fifteen minutes, or one raid and outside bounties that require at least ten to fifteen minutes, what is the specific difference you wish to call to our attention to demonstrate how much worse, in your view, this DLC is?

I also haven't seen a green name state that bounties will not be added later, as is the recent norm (it's just been additional bounties, not the first, is all), but perhaps I missed such a statement.

Failing that, it's not unreasonable to think a traditional bounty or two or three might not be added. Maybe not, but I wouldn't assume either way.
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You have to use LFG to know which phase.

Although people are saying that now we can't load into a phase by being in a group, which I can understand, but which also throws a ginormous obstacle in front of players. How we're supposed to get into a "good" phase now, other than random luck (against the odds), I have no idea.

I'd love to see a dev explain what we're supposed to do about this issue now.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you're in a low population phase, invite people to join yours.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

you are trying to compare apples to oranges. Then in that case, name one raid, you can just form a group and run it without having to que in last few dlc. Not talking about raids that have a walk in portal. These "Bosses" are in the open world free for anyone to jump in. There wasn't a single raid ever existed that any joe smoe can just jump in or multiple groups. Maybe the exception of Hand of fate DLC. One time the bosses were outside so anyone can just jump in.
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's also going to get worse as time goes on. Right now there are many groups spamming the bosses for the feats, once they are slowed down, if the phase is capped with people doing only dailies, you will need to try real hard to get into another 'spamming' group vs trying to pool the uninterested people who are already in your phase into taking down a boss.
    • Like x 3
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I haven't been able to do any of the bounties yet but i do like the other stuff more than bop
  11. MiLady Well-Known Player

I agree with Miss Adora and would also like to add that some catalysts/drops are only available in alerts/raids. This alone means that you can not continue to advance in some parts of the game because you choose not to do alerts/raids. Please dont say buy the items from the broker. Not everyone is a multi-millionaire let alone a billionaire.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Being in a group or not has no impact on your contribution. It is all individual right now.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can still use phase to go to your group - just not if the phase they are in has hit the hard cap. We're making some adjustments to this. More info here and details to come: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...as-a-horrible-idea.310589/page-2#post-4336744
    • Like x 4
  14. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Not being able to phase to your group defeats the purpose entirely. I've had a hard time with this. I love the concept but in reality it's been difficult. Never fails I get invited to a bounty group and I cannot change to their phase. It has happened over and over. Help please brother.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Which sucks for a tank. I haven't gotten credit yet solo. Only in a group with dps' do I get credit.
    • Like x 2
  16. inferno Loyal Player

I am also mostly a solo player and I COMPLETELY disagree with your argument. To be honest, I wish you had been more critical with your post since all I saw of what you and your family disliked about it is the World Bosses.

So let's start with that. When has any player been able to solo a Bounty on week one of a DLC release? Bounties or Raid bosses, as we are now calling them, has always been designed with a large group in mind. There is nothing different between the old bounties than these new ones. Wait!! There are some differences: They added tasks around the bosses than a player can perform so that it adds to the "contribution effort" of that player in a fight. They added a secondary mark that any player should be able to get a minimum of 3 per boss with some effort.

So now let's discuss this Wonderverse episode from a solo player's viewpoint.

The map - HUGE. Why are there teleporters for each area? Because a player can easily get lost. This map has different sections, different ads, even huge ads like the Minotaur.

The gameplay and missions. This episode technically has 4 solos. Although, it uses the same map, the ads, and the bosses are different or have different attacks. FOUR solos.
    Because of the distinct areas of the maps, one can even consider each map almost 4 mini-maps with their own ads and goals.
    There are a lot of feats a single player can do in the open world and solos. Investigations are scattered in each version of the solo.

I'm gonna go back to the bounties or the idea of world bosses. A part of the game where a solo player can participate in, find a boss being fought by a large number of people and if they are successful, without being part of any group be able to get full marks. Full marks by yourself.

This episode has got to be the most solo-centric episode I have seen. This episode is not perfect. It's flawed. But I see and read comments from other players and they put in their ideas and critical comments. I see Mepps and the Devs respond and make changes accordingly. They are trying new things in the game; some bad, some good but at least give them the chance to introduce new ideas and make it better or at least provide them with a better criticism.
    • Like x 2
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Man theres so much you can do solo I've gotten nearly 4sp or 5 since this DLC has released. That's just doing this DLC' open world feats and bounty feats alone with odd ball feats in the alert and raid. 4-5 freaking SP. That's awesome to me.

And that's with only playing around 4 hrs thurs fri and today
    • Like x 1
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

While the content itself may not be PERFECT, wonderverse is an AMAZING NEW EXPERIENCE that i look forward for the devs to EXPOUND and Improve upon in the future..

GREAT JOB DEVS... Its always so easy to criticize but lets FINALLY GIVE CREDIT.. THe game feels more like a universe when im around tons of heroes and villains interacting.. Its like one big AVENGERS FINAL BATTLE SCENE... Just gotta get new graphics (PS5 UNREAL) *cough cough*

LOVE THE NEW CONTENT DEVS!!! I see my signature is starting to work :p
    • Like x 1
  19. ColeJordan335 New Player

I think DCUO devs or whoever is in charge of it, should have a Justice Lord's theme style. One for each member of the original 7. Hawkgirl, wonder woman, Batman, Superman, flash and green lantern. Have an episode or something based on it or just add the costumes to DCUO. It would be cool afff I mean look at them. What do you think devs? Why won't you do iiiit?!?!?! Idk how to post pics but look up Justice Lord's outfits.
    • Like x 1
  20. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

If you're going to cater to dead servers like xbox and the switch or even the villain side. Should keep the solo crowd happy. They're paying customers. This game can't afford to lose more population.