Patchwork Themyscira is great but

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

The grind for that alt currency will kill this dlc
    • Like x 6
  2. Arkenra Well-Known Player

Think it will be a good thing if the timer on hydra would be removed. Cba to get these weekly’s like this each week on every toon when you have to re run all the bounty’s to get hydra up after failing to beat it in time
    • Like x 2
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Don't ignore the mechanics and the group won't be overwhelmed with adds.
    • Like x 4
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Update: I've had better luck with self-organizing groups this evening than this afternoon. Still couldn't beat Hyra yet, though.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Have you done the hydra? I've tried to do Murk 3 times and not getting c4dit because he is invisible.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can even see the mechanics through the lag...
    • Like x 3
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I was being a bit facetious lol. I haven't seen lag like today since the update that broke the game .
  8. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Still have membership, elapsing soon. Is this episode worth coming back to?

It downloaded, but lacking motivation to play the game.
  9. Ekart Committed Player

I subbed yesterday for a month after a small break to see how the episode is, but the whole bounty thing is giving me the feeling that i threw my money out of the window. Outer missions are nothing special and will become boring fast, the same with the solo. Haven't been in the alert and raids yet.
    • Like x 3
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I know. I was replying to your point about taking a scenic tour of the island.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What occurs to me is how is this episode going to work after, say, the next three episodes come along: how is ANYBODY going to be able to complete ANY of the bounties, well, ever again? If we''re having trouble getting people together on the first day -- and we are, very much so at times -- then how could it possibly work a couple of years from now?

Recruiting 30 or 40 people to join in something four episodes old just isn't going to happen, is it?

So are there plans to take this into account, or should we just expect that in a year or two, all these bounties will be impossible to get done and all that's left of the Episode/DLC are the raid, alert, and solos? Or what?

Long term concerns, yes, but that's when it's best to plan, of course, not after the problem already arrives.
    • Like x 5
  12. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

My experience from the first day in new Themyscira was fun but the issue is that there were over 40 players working together after about an hour fighting the other 4 bosses (Took so long because we failed 2 of them in the beginning), everyone wiped against Hydra, and not interestingly at all everyone left because no one likes to go all over those 4 bosses again and wipe against Hydra at last AGAIN.
    Your choice is no business of mine, but I personally am not going to attempt to fight Hydra again. Just a waste of my time, am passing on its tokens at least for now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im just confused as to what was wrong w the usual bounties that were quick and easy ways to get 8 extra marks a week. It was already hard to find groups for those missions after the first few weeks, now this one where all the bosses have to be beaten is already rough.

And why doesn’t it have its own zone!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Charon.. I think the teeth & the scaling are the two biggest issues that the Devs can look at - thank you for looking in to it

I think the other issues are more about people understanding that it is not a race & just focusing on Hydra and ignoring teeth/adds will never work - even if/when other issues are fixed
    • Like x 4
  15. Al Uzza Active Player

I’m not a big fan of the new bounty system either or the unlimited reply of it. It is very grindy, and, in my opinion, not very fun. I do like the design of the raid and the open world, though.
    • Like x 1
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I might of miss it but some where it should explain you have to defeat the other bosses before you can fight hydra. If someone didn't say it lfg, I could of been standing at hydra for hours with no spawning
  17. Rainnifer Committed Player

Honestly this entire thing wouldn't be such a problem if it weren't for the Hydra being linked to a >Loot Locked< weekly mission.
    That's what concerned me a lot during my first go through all of this, Hydra was attempted many times and it just couldn't be defeated in time, I just wanted to do other things and not spend all day being stuck going through this whole boss phase thing multiple times. Though it felt fun at least the first time.

Now that I managed to be in a group that was able to defeat it, I have all week to kill whatever bosses I want, when I want, without worry (or fail doing so, that's fine too as you still get some reward.)
    Until it starts again next week... At this point I'm not even worried about the feats.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Sounds great on paper. Reality however is more difficult.
    • Like x 1
  19. inferno Loyal Player

My observations:
    ---The boss rotation sometimes is messed up with Murk not appearing. Since all phases are on the same rotation, same timer. That means the entire thing is stopped.

---Murk is not giving any rewards at all if he isn't defeated.

---Our locked targets should not be yanked away from these bosses. With the multitude of ads that spawn in these fights, having to re-acquire takes too much time. Specially, as the target system in the game has deteriorated. Targeting issues really, really needs to be discussed.

---The idea that the difficulty of the bosses scale to the number of participants was good but if most of those participants are in support role or level 20 toons, those bosses will not be defeated.

---The Hydra- the timer on the teeth is too short when we are experiencing lag or having to stop what we are doing, looking for the teeth and running towards it. In most cases, it's doable for most players in the fight. The problem ...it seems the frequency of the teeth popping up seems tied in with orbital strikes. I've seen multiple orbital strikes dropped at the same time. You don't even see the teeth at that point, you'll just suddenly see the map fill up with red dots. Combine this with the targeting system being forced out of lock, there's no way to re-acquire the Hydra when there are 30 skeletons under him.

The idea of having World bosses ( bosses that involves mechanics) is interesting. Consider that in raids communication and teamwork is key. Being in a fight with over 30 people with no communication, no cooperation and one of the mechanics is to stop the burn and do a mechanic or ads will spawn is NEVER going to work. It is hard to control the actions of 7 other people: Can they hear or read your instructions? Can they understand/speak the same language? Will they even follow instructions? Now deal with that problem 30 times.

Never. going. to. work.
    • Like x 1
  20. MiLady Well-Known Player

I love the artwork and the enhancements (ie fps=60). However, this DLC is not favorable to alts, but to single toons to grind.
    1) There are 4 dailies that need 30 pts instead of the usual 5-8. This is very time consuming to do with several alts.
    2) The weekly boss(es) battle. We have to defeat 5 bosses to get the weekly bonus. This can take upto 25 minutes to finish. Definitely not alt friendly.

I understand that this is the first attempt to make the game more open world centric and have massive battles with bosses. Kudos for this first attempt. Take a look at the minimum player requirement and try to finish these missions with them (ie. 8 players with CR 15 with less than 30 skill pts). You will have a different perspective of the desired outcome.