I Can't Stand Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Jul 29, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You are 100% right. All my nth metals get saved for double weeks. The only thing I have really been forced to spend real money on are the seals. Even a lot of those I got from the giveaways and loyalty points. You are also right that 160arts are more than enough to complete every bit of content in this game, including elites. But they really do need to add seals to at least the quark vendor.
    • Like x 2
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

"Wildly inconsistent RNG" lol. The whole point of random is to be inconsistent...

I do feel your pain though
    • Like x 1
  3. Faelwolf Active Player

Artifacts have pretty much killed alts, and secondary roles. I took a break from games for a while, and come back to find that I am now forced to choose between my two favorite characters, as it is going to take just too much time and money to get one current, let alone get both caught up. I can't imagine how someone new to the game is going to catch up, between SP and artifacts, it would be a full time job, and with the added frustration of practically deserted lower tier content. In a game that is hurting for new players, this is a pretty stupid move.
    I live on a fixed income, and cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars to level artifacts for multiple roles, especially multiple roles on multiple characters. Even if I had the disposable income I would not waste it on artifacts, I already pay for a subscription. And while I am willing to spend a little extra here and there for say, a style, or a base item, something to give me enjoyment in the game when the cost is small, being forced to pay extra, and a lot extra, just to advance my character just reeks of chicanery.
    This system also violates one of the basic rules of MMO's, a game should never take away the progress of a player''s character unless they are caught cheating. Having a system that takes a lot of time and effort to collect items, just to take them away from the player for no reward, will kill a player's incentive to keep playing. Breakthroughs should have no chance to fail, or the chance to fail should be eliminated by earned items that are easily obtained. As the current system stands, it is already a massive time sink, that alone is more than enough incentive for some to pay to bypass it if DB wants it to add revenue. Those who are willing to put in the time and work to obtain the items should reap the benefit of that, and not be forced to still pay money.
    If we are going to be forced to pay for seals, the cost of them needs to drop dramatically, say 50SC for a SoP, 100SC for a SOC. I find it no coincidence that the cost of a SoC more or less equals the 500SC that subscribers get, limiting subs to one a month, and an obvious way to discourage players from saving up SC from their monthly stipend.
    This whole system of spend money or spend months to advance a character is Korean grind, not American style gaming. It started with feats being attached to time capsules, which was bad enough, and has progressed to this. It has very much become pay to win.
    At the moment I am content to just keep plugging away at it, but I really am at the end of my patience with DBG, if another money grab is introduced, I will leave in a heartbeat. I am already debating if I will continue playing as it is. There are a lot of choices on the market today, that don't require this much time and money to enjoy. DBG needs to realize that this sort of cash grab mentality just isn't going to succeed in a flooded market, especially in a older game like this one that is already too top-heavy for it's own good.
    • Like x 5
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

At inception, Seal of Preservation was a drop in game and Seal of Completion could be purchased on the marketplace and listed on the broker. It was removed because some players found a way to duplicate the seals. Devs said they were looking into fixing the dup glitch and then introduce it back into the game, but they obviously changed their mind.

They should at least restructure the breakthrough percentages with 10% being at Rank 200.
    • Like x 2
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Artifacts would be a great system if they got rid of the seal thing and just made all the breakthroughs 100% success rate as long as you have the cats but that probably won't happen.
    • Like x 2
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just one of many things they never got around to doing. Been 6 months and we still cannot transfer money to our own alts.
  7. El Guapo Well-Known Player

8. El Guapo Well-Known Player

By the way this happend on an alt, and yes it definitely has killed enjoying alts. You know, something that keeps people playing your game daybreak. I've never played a game that keeps you from progression as much as this one, but im not a hardcore gamer either so i havent experienced other mmo's
  9. El Guapo Well-Known Player

By the way this happened on an alt, and yes its pretty much killed enjoying alts. Alts.......you know, an aspect that keeps people playing your game daybreak. I've never played a game that hinders progression as much as this one, but im not a hardcore gamer this is the only mmo ive played ever.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Bottom line if you wait til the next set the last ones will be able to be used on double nth.

I guessed we were gnna have double n used detectors constantly running dailies on 3 toons. I spent 1200 mk cash on seals and 500 loyalty on a completion. I used my previous 4 Sop I already had though.

Overall I leveled and art from 0 to 200 in 9 days under 20$. This is like the 4th time I did it. I have 12 200 arts and 1 182 on one character. Also have bottled city soder maxed too.

I troll with 4 n never put old ones into new because for example I tac swap the ones I don't use in BIS n it makes me stronger then everyone else in the game.

I failed on a 60% 4 times but on 20% got it the first try. It works both ways.

This isn't hard to do.

Overall though I gotta wait each time til the new ones come out though n get the old. If it's absolutely the meta then I'll spend the dough.

People ***** at the tryhards but guess wut by using in game money and their brains they DNT gotta spend $ on anything anymore.

Gl and thanx for spending ur $ so I don't have to.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Incorrect. At inception Seals of Preservation were sold in the marketplace and were tradeable, so they could be placed on the broker. It wasn't until several game updates later that they then added Seals of Completion to the Marketplace (which coincided with an increase in artifact rank). Then sometime later some players figured out a way to cheat the system involving Seals, and when they couldn't properly fix the issue at that point, they made them untradeable as their solution.
    • Like x 1
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

It works out about £3/€3.5/$4 for a seal of completion if you are a member and you buy your platform (PSN etc) currency from a reseller that does a 10%-15% discount on the usual price.

With breakthroughs of 10%, 5%, 3% and 1%, it’s clear that 140+ breakthroughs are directly monetised. You either pony up or live without artifacts at the upper ranks.

However in the OP’s case, 7 failures at rank 100 is a joke. At those sorts of ranks there should be a maximum failure cap before you are granted a guaranteed success, much like the bad luck counter they introduced in content like DWF and PZ, where you are guaranteed a rare drop if you had experienced X number of consecutive non-drops.

I’m no mathematician but the chances of failing a 60% breakthrough 7 consecutive times are well under 3%.
    • Like x 1
  13. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Can't earn seals through game. Yet having good artifacts is part of game progression. Shouldn't be tied to money.

We sound like a broken record.

p.s. I'm not counting the free one they may throw at you when level first time artifact, or the limited time on a week.

p.s.2 I don't play Star Trek Online, is that where they bought the idea from?