Backup Or Sidekick

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by G-PRYME, Jul 28, 2020.

1. G-PRYME Active Player

2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Assuming you mean for DPS, I will run different ones depending on the content. If in solo content, I like the sidekick. He doesn't really do much damage, but he'll keep be from getting knocked out of Fireburst or other cast move, which translates to more damage done by me. The shield also comes in handy if it pops at the right time. If in a Raid or alert (especially raids) I'd use the backups (I generally use the Seahorse really...but let's say 'not sidekick') as the taunt function and shield function of the sidekick don't really do much when there is a group around...especially tank and healer.

If you are talking about running a role, I hardly use anything but the sidekick. Grabbing agro and throwing a shield is more important than a few extra hits if you are in role IMHO.

But I'm guessing there will be varying opinions on the subject.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I normally run with the backup. Now I switch on my tanks because you can get some extra heals to keep you alive from that sidekick. Never did any sort of a test so I have no clue as far as how much damage to expext.. I'd assume the Sidekick does the same or close to the same as having that trio you get with the back up.

I just like the "look" of summoning my small army to pound on stuff :D
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The sidekick is absolute garbage post-revamp. It was almost a bit OP before but they took a total hatchet to the poor little thing. Backup isn’t terribly useful either but at least it’s customisable.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You can get a golden metal man bat sidekick from the open world man bat bounty ;) (There was obviously also the shadow one but that was SM)
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

in group content, I only ever use the sidekick. & even then, very sparingly. it's confusing enough trying to see what's going on through everyone else's sidekicks / henchmen / orbitals / supercharges all going off at once. I try not to add to it. solo, though, & open world, I always use me back-up. because it looks cool.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And if a metal covered man bat doesn’t go with my characters? Nah. Plus, the damn thing never dropped for me anyway.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

If it doesnt go with your character you just get a 10% damage debuff in concept damage output :D
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

10%?! Unacceptable I tells ya, unacceptable! :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Neither. DPS Trinket, Orbital, Supply Drop and either Seahorse / Rune Slayer (depending on if your're doing melee or range damage).
    • Like x 1
  12. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Use Lexcorp back up and Slayers sunken rune for melee situations and then dark construct bat or seahorse and lexcorp back up for range in combo the back up and pet will do over 350k damage ea time they both get called out (together) which imo computes to more damage in the long run over using a dps trinket but i replace back up with dps trinket during boss fights.
  13. Disruptor Well-Known Player

The pets are separate from the backup/sidekick and you could run both

Standard utility belt load out for me
    1.Pet 2 (backup or sidekick) 3:Orbital Strike 4:Supply Drop

If you want healing and shield, you go for the sidekick. If you want damage, you go for the backup

If you want a variety of appearance, there are more options with backup. Sidekick has only Golden Manbat, Shadow Manbat, and basic sidekick