Balance and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jul 24, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

The new nerfs rolling out is gutting an entire playstyle. Artifacts take to much time and energy for an entire playstyle to be gutted. This is going alienate a lot of the player base. To get an Artifact to 200 cost 200-300$ and 1300+ source marks, and the devs decide to make might the only way to dps. A buff to other might powers would have been better than a nerf to an entire playstyle.

Meanwhile sorcery is still terrible. Nothing is being done about that
    • Like x 2
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

Would help of you actually explain why you think might is the only way to go.
    • Like x 2
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

What other combo you think will keep up with the top powers?
    • Like x 1
  4. Sam Hatch New Player

Sorcery might won't get updated unless it's directly tied to a new artifact that says "buffs sorcery superpowers"
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For the first time since stats revamp precision players actually have to test things for themselves rather than just being handed bow>smokebomb, DWFS and at GU:97 doomspin. There are some viable combos that will do competitive damage but they aren't ridiculously over-tuned. It seems that prec players think that unless their weapon combo is ridiculously over-tuned than their entire playstyle is dead.
    • Like x 11
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

No other weapon combo will keep up with the top powers. Period. Brawling is nice. 1 hand too, but neither will keep up with the top powers.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Check my video I just uploaded 30min ago (can't send link where I am) I was at 35k prec 0 SP into might with 1h flurry and rage and I was parsing high 70's to low 80's. On live server with proper spec and stats that is easily in the 90's which isn't far off from what 2h was.

ps and don't go including nature because nature is just as broken as dwfs and doomspin ever was, I would imagine that's next in line considering bug eog spam being broken too
    • Like x 6
  8. Heywiar Committed Player

Here's my hot take on balance: Everyone says NERF PREC or BUFF THIS or whatever but nobody really considers that trolls need to be balanced in regards to buffing. The troll buff for prec should be cut in half and applied to might as well. I add 8k~ to all my leagemate's ST DPS alone for Prec.
    This is an extremely basic idea but you get the gist. Somebody needs to take a look at this very overlooked role. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You aren’t even making a fair comparison in your video. When showcasing doom spin all you did was weapon buff when showcasing 1H you were using a full rotation. You even used whirling dervish lol. You keep claiming that you want this for balance. But just be honest for once. This is because you want might to be better than other play styles

I personally didn’t use doomspin because I thought it needed a nerf which it did and I also said multiple times. And because it was a boring combo. But a 44% nerf? That is not a balance nerf. That’s a nerf to the ground and you can’t say it’s not. And you need more investment for prec than you do for might. With might you need 1 weapon and max might. Yes the extra points in prec will very slightly increase the damage of weapon weaving. However for prec you need to have minimum 2 weapons and have prec maxed and have investments into might.
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I thank you for your feedback in this instance, the doomspin comparison was to directly show the difference in the damage with the weapon combo alone, I could have chosen not to do the weapon buff but my base precision was already too low. If I would have had a rotation with grim or strat or powers players would have lost the sense of what the actual doomspin adjustment was. The 1H flurry clip was fully intended to offer an alternative solution with weapons which is why a realistic rotation was used which is why I used powers I could tap cancel clip.

Doomspin doesn't have to the top tier weapon combo, the point was to bring a weapon combo that was obviously over-tuned closer in line with other weapon combos. 44% is debatable and when a larger sample size of testing is completed im sure we'll have a better idea of where it stands than just <24 hours of testing. Now it has opened up possibilities to brawl haymaker and home run master, 1handed flurry and others. Instead of just being 2 only viable weapon combos. There was no might power remotely close to what doomspin was parsing at besides nature which we know is just as broken as the weapons adjusted thus far. What you also have to take into account is all the extra buffs applied to prec that influence outside of normal testing, troll buff, cog buff, parasite buff, VWD buff. Yes while the cog would be dependent on the group makeup the others are common which directly influence precision where might only has claw (& tetra see cog) and claw is not common in pugs, also the strat while buffed for might still in every case hits harder for precision.

once again I thank you for your feedback on this matter.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

In that video you posted you compared parses between prec, rage and earth, but what you didn’t mention is how those parses increase in volume once you bring supercharges into the equation. Might has the luxury to spec solely for supercharges and use them consistently because of the utilities you have geared towards generating supercharges, and considering how strong supercharges are, even broken in some cases like with rage and earth (earth can clip its supercharge generator lol), you can not say this is balanced especially with the new adjustments coming to prec lol.

And I actually use the play style that you shown in your last clip right now on live, been doing it since metal part 2. and I still get out Dpsed by powers like rage and earth who have ridiculous supercharge abilities. That play style looks good I practice, but it’s still not competing with the best might rotations. Also you shouldn’t have to switch to super speed just to play prec anyway, that’s ridiculous, weapons just need a plain buff in damage. It’s either that, or they start buffing prec arts, because there’s only one that’s useful.

And I’m not trying to be offensive, I just want some of the imbalances fixed just like a lot of other players, but misleading videos will grant the opposite affect
    • Like x 2
  12. Roocck Committed Player

These changes were definitely needed for balance, these weapon combos like dwfs and doomspin were over performing. Play style has not changed and might will not be op once a couple of might powers (Nature, Gadget etc...) get their nerf also.
  13. dresserball Dedicated Player

I really have no clue what you are talking about. I wanted clarification because apparently not everyone has your memories.
  14. Roocck Committed Player

I have always disliked and have been against clipping and hope that someday it will be either removed or changed. Supercharge should be looked into as well, some of these SC’a are also unbalanced and over performing... Seems like these changes are finally happening and hope that it’ll continue until it’s all balanced...
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If clipping leaves this game it will be just like every other traditional mmo, and it would literally be the end of the game, and I’m not being hyperbolic at all. Look at how many people left when they took away the original clipping we had in the game when they introduced gu36, a noticeable portion of the playerbase left. Clipping is one of the very few skill oriented things we have left in the game, and removing it wouldn’t benefit the game in any manner.
    • Like x 1
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Those buffs were only potent with combos that were over performing. If they were as strong as you’re insinuating then there would be other weapons that were viable and strong enough to compete with might
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I suppose the ONE silver lining to the fact there is only one viable precision-only artifact in the game is that most precision players already have at least two if not three or more top might artifacts. It makes the switch a helluva lot easier.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The video is not misleading, you are talking about a completely different topic all together in your reply. We are talking about precision and might and you are talking about supercharges, the 3 are separate. I was simply rage because of the tap cancel on lacerate I could have used another power that would offer me that I also could have used superspeed vortex trap along with dervish. Rage was just the first that came to mind, I didn't parse with Berserk so you can't bring up a fact about supercharges. No one will deny that Berserk is still over-tuned just as nature etc. I have already said unstoppable clipping is a bug from stats revamp.

Are you trying to infer that precision should be buffed to the level to account for might using their supercharge abilities? because that is certainly what you are implying. You will never hear me say supercharges are balanced cause they aren't and certainly need work themselves but I fail to see how supercharges are valid in a discussion of weapon combo balance.

You give me 38k base prec before raid buffs with the 200sp I would have into might on live server with that 1handed flurry combo and i'll be parsing just as high as numerous might powersets on 3 targets
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, not as terrible as you think. You might want to hit the test server and try some things (like possibly different artifacts and loadouts).

Also, if Dual Wield Flurry Shot and Two-Handed Doomspin are an entire playstyle, there was a lot broken. Maybe try other weapons and loadouts and experiment a little. You might find viable alternatives.
    • Like x 3
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

Sorcery is terrible.
    No other weapon playstyle keep up with the top powers.