Precision & Might

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Berza, Jul 16, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Exactly this is more of a slap on the wrist than a real actual nerf and that’s fine you don’t want it reduced severely to the point nobody wants to play it anymore
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s a horrible idea
    • Like x 1
  3. Berza Committed Player

Solar Amplifier is bugged. It does not split damage when it is at rank 200. This is not intended, or at least it does not show as a specific ability of the Artifact. So every and all players using a rank 200 solar amp is exploiting a bug. But the only time it was bought to the forum, a lot of well-known might users ran to silence it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Berza Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...oe-explosion-doesnt-split-at-rank-200.309661/
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Sure, if you've got the hundreds of dollars to build up the other set artifacts. Worst idea I've seen on this thread.
    • Like x 1
  7. generalzod Committed Player

yeah one of my buddies told me about this..
    • Like x 1
  8. Legasei Well-Known Player

I’ll take that bullet. Considering artifacts, it’s a bad idea.
    • Like x 1
  9. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

And boom doomspin gets beheaded, 2 weapon nerfs and 0 weapon buffs... Dont worry staff/dual pistols......your time will come....after nature,rage and the whole game gets revamped
    • Like x 2
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Ex
    exactly we could of at least got some artifacts buffed or something since the weapons aren’t being touched.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It says Clobber Damage was increased by 29% and full charged Mega Smash damage was increased by 60%.
  12. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

.........................MEGA SMASH
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 5
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Not exactly a good or even fair tradeoff - Mega Smash would have to be uninterruptable for it to matter and the damage would have to be increased by *at least* 66% across the entire combo for it to maintain an average between 35-40K ST, which would still make it functionally garbage for multi target because of how slow the combo itself is. Mega Smash is a roughly 6.5 second combo, so it's longer than Doom Spin, and you can't cancel out of it, and its rotation-friendly with *pretty much nothing*.

That's why the idea of a strong damage output for two-hand was appealing - it's definitely a power weapon, it's melee range so you have to fight at point blank, but if you can make it work it pays the bills. Doom Spin was a good AOE answer to make the weapon fun and fast paced, as well as competitive. They could rearrange levels on it to make it competitive without being overpowering, but removing nearly 50% of the weapon's performance in the primary useful combo and replacing it with performance at the back end of the slowest wind-up combo in the game?

That seems very, very crappy.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Mega smash is a terrible dps option because it has to many down sides. The amount of buff it would need it far more than even the 66% that was suggested above. Smash locks you into place which means moving adds means 0 damage for the charge time. Any cc you get leads to 0 damage. At least with doomspin you’d get some of the damage off. The reason why doom spin was so strong was because of how it worked. The biggest issue with doom spin was its back loaded damage. Get CCs to soon and you lose damage (Not as bad as smash). But because if it’s multi hits it allowed strat to proc more often. I personally liked smokebomb more because it allowed a more fun play style than the spin to win from doom spin. But spin was the only viable option after smokebomb was nerfed. The next best combo now after the nerf is haymaker which still does not compete with a lot (most) might AoE builds. And you can forget about whirling dervish.

You know I respect you for everything you do. But this is a nerf to the ground update for prec.
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

And my point still stands, because those options are horrible, and mega smash needs to be able to consistently hit 300k plus for it to be even remotely competitive
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was just pointing out that something WAS buffed, I was sure if Sugar and Stank saw the patch notes. I'm not Prec so I'm not familiar with what weapon combo is what.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

... There are other weapon combos, you know? Precision isn't just dw bow and 2 handed, other weapons exist.
    • Like x 2
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Other combos definitely exist, but are they actually good
  19. Sam Hatch New Player

That aren't competitive.
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

So how do you feel about nature players using EoG and wolf form in healer role while dpsing?