Wonderverse Release Date: July 30th

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Also slacking on the new forum avatars.
    • Like x 15
  2. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 19
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

You think we can get the old loading screens back? Maybe even a way to toggle which ones you want on?
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

How about some New Character Select Screens.
    Last New one we Got was Wayyyyyy Back during New Genesis
    • Like x 3
  5. Megzilla Developer

I'm reluctant to bring back the old loading screens tbh. Are there particular favorites that you are missing?
    • Like x 2
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

the new raid map as a background for the character screen would be amazing :eek:
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You don't like classics such as Green Arrow pointing his arrow at the ground?!
    Edit: Jesus I never realised just how dated Black Canary's model was.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Poison ivy :D
    • Like x 4
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe they could recreate it with the new Ivy model. I only speak for myself but I just couldn’t take Ms. Martian Ivy seriously.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Negative :) but to each their own
    • Like x 2
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

The original ones. I liked the art and was sorry to see less diversity in the loading screen.
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Samesies. I came here just to see if this was getting discussed since you didn't Tweet it. The keyart is gorgeous.
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

These weren't loading screens in the past but I think they would make great loading screens now and it's also a smart move to consider these! Either to encourage people to revisit past episodes for nostalgia or to entice new players. Also, your latest keyarts from Metal 1&2, Birds of Prey, and Wonderverse would be refreshing to sea!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  14. Dwild Well-Known Player

July release date seems confirmed...it's listed in the Forum Announcements section.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

I always use the Scotty Principle, too. Give a later time than actually needed, and even if you screw up slightly from your own personal estimates, it comes in under time and you're a miracle worker. Works every time, LOL.
    • Like x 2
  16. Megzilla Developer

Thanks! Yeah I would be ok putting these back; ideally without all the text. I will see what I can find! :)
    • Like x 8
  17. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Any particular reason? People evidently like them and I can't imagine how they would have a negative impact on the game, so... ???
  18. Megzilla Developer

Some don't really reflect the art quality we have been achieving with our latest stuff. Like I mentioned, if there are some favorites that have aged better than others, I can look at them again. War of the Light art is good, and still used. Halls of Power is alright. I haven't heard too many people wanting our screenshot-Key Arts back.

Maybe I'm super tone deaf on this? I don't have the nostalgia built around these screens like you guys do.
    • Like x 2
  19. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Thank you for the quick reply, and I certainly understand wanting to showcase the best the game has to offer as far as graphically and with the associated media, it's not like there was a huge outcry for those loading screens to be removed (correct me if I'm wrong, I just don't remember ever seeing people calling for the removal of the old screens), regardless of your aesthetic evaluation. Maybe doing something along the lines of updating the old loading screens until they meet your standards would be a better approach? Or just leaving them in unchanged since it doesn't impact game play and would provide more variety.
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I really love seeing the frankness here. It wasn't long ago where if you were similarly frank and critical (but without being disrespectful) it would earn the poster a vacation from the forums AND the ire of the forum community for some reason as well. The good ole days?

A lot of the newer keyart is fantastic as Mermaid pointed out. The older stuff is almost a total write off though. There's such a dramatic difference in quality, showing it would do a disservice to the game misrepresenting it.