Something for the flyers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Jul 22, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Hasn't been much for those of us who enjoy flight based attacks. Niche? Probably. But something to increase damage, reduce cool down, or increase range, or even role based fight effects like taunt, stun, duff, etc.

?
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I agree actually super speed and acro are pretty good but flight has absolutely nothing decent.

Could use some work for sure.
    • Like x 4
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much. SS is for the “scoreboard chasers/min makers” and acro is for the Boss centric and batman enthusiasts lol. Flight has nothing but convenience of not getting stuck on walls lol
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I can still find a way to get stuck on the wall ;)
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'd rather get stuck on a wall then float at a fart's pace in combat.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Although it takes up a power slot, use swoop attack when you can say in small content or open world.

You do swoop attack then immediately press sonic flight again to go back in to fast mode with no delay ;)
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I hated using cheetah when I was doing lpve feats. Half the time I spent running in circles with my camera going in all directions. Almost threw up XD glad this game isn’t VR. Can’t imagine what that would look like lol
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Flight/skimming has a move you can clip out of like whirling dervish, but it’s a tad more clunky. But agreed, it definitely needs to be buffed, All movement modes should also get their own special niche that makes them suited for certain play styles and powers
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Have you ever done donuts on a motorbike?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Flight has a niche with people who love to hug the ceiling during boss fights.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Yea it's kind of like speedsters running up walls to place pools on ceilings or evade height based attacks :p

/runs
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wish the pugs I run with were that smart.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Nah theyre probably all doing brawling melee in the bosses face amirite?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's adorable watching them try to backup tank. Sometimes I stop what I'm doing to admire their corpse courage.
    • Like x 1
  15. MrStoob Well-Known Player

For open world stuff, I have a flight specific set-up of Swoop, High Pressure, Low Pressure, Whirlwind, Ice Breath and Heat vision with the mod for an additional swoop attack after other flight attacks, for that authentic Kryptonian feel - most useful against mobs. It's still usable for smaller raids and bosses but as you'd imagine, pretty useless against anything else. Still fun though: whoosh, bang, zip, bash, zap, etc. :)

I will just add that I didn't mean changes to the entire flying system, rather than Arts or further mods or something.
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Only purpose flight ever served was to exploit dox. Idk how can people play with it, yeah it's iconic and all, but slow as **** and has no decent special habilities, just by having a flight player in the group your probability of wiping increases a lot, as it is the only power that can't pick up someone dead fast. Definitely could use a buff