Discussion for new player skins

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

Hi everyone, I understand that there are materials for armor, hair and auras and accessories. However, I think ther's a great opportunity to have new skins added into the game. I know, I know, but the armor covers up a lot of skin. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think it would be great to get more skins in the game as an added aesthetic feature. On one of my characters I use the Cosmic skin, and another the cat skin. But I think there's so much opportunity that Megzilla can play around here with.

I understand staffing, resources and time may be an issue here, but it would be nice to change up the usual, chromas, and armor materials.

What are your thoughts on this?
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

+1
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

New skins are already on Meg's list. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/player-requested-styles.304913/
    • Like x 1
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I can't argue with you. I'm all for more & more customisation, all for it. I'd like more human skins, myself. variations of the tattooed skin would be nice ( floral, tribal, sailor, zealot, convict, yakuza, etc ). battle scarred. gaunt. I'd like some different body types, although I understand that's very very unlikely, if not never happening. a plumper physique, something skeletal, something androgynous. new stances. majestic ( arms folded across the chest while floating for men, arms at side looking down the nose while floating for women ). distracted ( same for both, just standing there looking a bit bored, glancing around, occasionally checking your 'phone ). so many things I'd like to see. all for it. plus one from me.
  5. Magician Dedicated Player

6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My thought are that it's long overdue. The HD skins was a nice start...let's keep that ball rolling.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mermaid Dedicated Player

More new skins are so needed! The three new skins added last year were very much great additions however we need to expand! I think we have plenty of materials and auras now so the focus should be more on skins, hairs, and perhaps new accessories. Chromas can still continue since it is still a fairly new concept than the traditional materials.

Skin suggestions:

-Elven Skin: (This is Megzilla's element no need for further explanation lol, follow her twitter for her amazing artwork!) Can be introduced in St. Paddy's or Spring event or Marketplace.
    -Mermaid/Merman Skin: For this skin, legs and hands have scaly features with like an iridescent effect, subtle gills on the neck area, mystic eyes that glow but not too strong. I would suggest 2 variations one that is more sea-changed and the other being a little subtle on the fishy features. Can be introduced in the Summer Event or Marketplace.
    -Cheetah/Lion/Tiger/Cat Skins: Updated versions of the feline skins we already have. Much more detailed and feral, visible claws, sharp distinctive eyes, and the tail must animate! Probably a tall order but a lot of people will love this skin. This has to be Marketplace addition especially if the tails are animated, a premium skin like this doesn't come cheap!
    -Alien Skin: Pretty self-explanatory so I will not go into further detail. Marketplace addition.
    -More human face variations: Just more variations of human faces. Free update or a collectible reward! Bring back Styles for Briefings/Investations/Collection completion reward!

Hair Suggestions:

-Nubia's Hair
    -Remodeled Donna Troy's Hair
    -Remodeled Raven's Hair
    -Retextured Circe's Hair
    -Hera's Hair (with the crown)
    -Hecate's Hair
    -Zeus' Hair
    -Black Canary's Hair
    -Artemis' Hair

• Like x 2
  8. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

i still want primal batmans skin, minus the bat logo on the chest, ive wanted that since origin crisis came out
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope also we get a hd update on the other skins we have ingame.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

I would like to see skin options with beards/mustaches. Since none of the new hair allows us to display our beards, having a skin that just defaults a mustache, beard, or stubble on the face could be an excellent way to make facial hair applicable to every hairstyle.
    • Like x 1
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

+1. +2 with a monkey skin (with a tail).
  12. Eve YouTuber

I really hope they will update Youthful and Tattoo skins next. Tattoo is my favorite but I can't see myself using it till It gets updated.
    And I'm hoping for variants with some dragon tattoos and flowers.