Test Discussion Episode 38: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Raptor Active Player

I'm usually pretty optimistic about new DLC, but it doesn't look like you've listened to our feedback at all. You've removed implements we liked, like mod boxes, and brought back elements that players have absolutely hated from previous DLC. Nothing in it is alt friendly either. The whole thing looks like a GREAT BIG CHORE. Chores aren't fun...
    • Like x 5
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

Since I can't edit my original post, being on test for a few days, The Gen Mods drop frequently an different ones so for me I no longer have an issue, I just hope the drop rate stays the same. Had fun with the Play Test, Good Job Devs!! oh oh Please Buff the Hydra. Thank you :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Templeton Active Player

There's one thing I noticed: while we were 2 tanking, me on Kalibak and the other tank on Steppenwolf, despite the fact that we successfully defeated them, I got 3 Empyrean Aethers instead of 6. Why? How does that contribution system work? I thought I would be rewarded fully since I kept a boss on me the entire time. I hope the contribution isn't higher for dps and lower for tank. I'd like to get rewarded fully for playing this role.

Also I'm not a fan of random generator mods drop either, however I've seen the drops have been really generous so getting all we need shouldn't take long. We're also getting them from the open world bosses too, which from what I see will be the most we'll be around of.

A question that hasn't been answered yet by the developers: Can we feed new adaptive augments with previous dlcs adaptive augments too, or is it just this dlc's xp the one and only source to level up your augments?
    • Like x 5
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

That has been answered. You can still feed Previous Adaptive Augments into the new Engraving Augments. Only those and the Them Exos will work on the Engravings.
  5. shotgunPR Active Player

I don’t know if somebody said this already but... Poseidon is my favorite greek God it will be awesome to actually be able to get his iconic crown!!!
  6. Eve YouTuber

Question: Why can't we equip the Gazebo for our bases? If I have Atlantean or Brainiac themed lairs, I should be able to use it in the big room. Can you change it or is it going to stay League Hall only? (Which is a shame)
    • Like x 3
  7. Pinky Well-Known Player

The Vendor price for an Artifact Weapon was recently changed from requiring 500 Empyrean Aether, to requiring 500 Empyrean Aether AND 95 Splintered Coins.

This change left me scratching my head.

In the Dev Diary on Wonderverse, a quote from Red Five stated that the aim for World Boss Rewards was:
    "No loot locks. You can run these world bosses endlessly."

The additional cost requirement of 95 Splintered Coins effectively makes the Artifact Weapons loot-locked as we can only farm a limited number of Splintered Coins each week.

In my opinion, make the Artifact Weapons require only Empyrean Aether.

This would adhere to your design goal of having no loot locks for World Boss Rewards.

Requiring both a loot locked currency and a non-loot locked currency for purchasing an item defeats the purpose of having non-loot locked currency in the first place.
    • Like x 6
  8. Eve YouTuber

Can the price for the OP Item's catalysts be reduced? 1000 is a lot, even though it is not loot locked, but still a very massive amount (considering there's 500 and 250 to earn as well) you never know if people will be actually doing the bounties all day for weeks. At least look at the prices if you can, lower them abit if possible. I know It's a big request but seeing this price was like OMG for me. It's a massive grind I don't see many doing. But again, just my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  9. Templeton Active Player

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right thread to talk about but since it is a reward afterall then I'll go ahead and talk about it. So let's talk about ''Amphora of the Gods'', from what I see, this is a crucial item for 1st boss in Fractured Gods Sphere. Maybe not so important in regular as the groups I've been in managed to easily get past it, with the exception when we were unlucky enough to have a TANK and HEALER mind controlled, thus turning it into a slow and painful wipe. However, the frequent mind control over the tank certainly won't go unnoticed in the elite version. Sure there could be 2 tanks but it's kind of ridiculous cutting a dps off just to avoid an eventual mind control over the solo tank.

Now to the main point: The farm for just 1 Ambrosia is INSANE, not only the Amphora is random, for instance I had Aphrodite first, then Athena and now I have Aphrodite again. It's important to mention the Amphora is untradable so you're stuck with yours till you level it up and breakthrough, I suppose you can also delete it and get a new different one, but that's the next day when the loot lock is down. Speaking of LOOT LOCK, we can't get the food for Amphora if we're loot locked, so spamming solo to feed an Amphora in one day isn't an option unless we reset. It's incredibly grindy, more grindy than the open world bosses, to get just 1 Ambrosia, the Ambrosia that you need, to be precise here. Moreover, the amount of xp we receive to feed an Amphora is also ridiculously small, in like a week without resets we would be able to get a single Ambrosia, and that is random by the way.

I highly recommend 1 or more of these to be added:

- More xp given in the solo
    - Xp given for other dailies such as open world rewards or alert
    - When Amphora is maxed out we should be able to choose between the 4 types of Ambrosia
    - More than 1 Ambrosia's as reward for maxing out Amphora of the Gods (5-10 at least)
    - Xp rewarded in solo only but even loot locked
    - Consumables become like trinkets, aka once you farmed and got an Ambrosia, it won't consume unless you delete it. (Seriously, they only work in Wonderverse dlc so it's not like we can benefit from them anywhere else)

That's about it, perhaps I'll come with more suggestions or someone else will, but really some changes have to be made, it's really unrealistic grind for these right now.
  10. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Vendor price as always been 500 EA + 95 SC since first day on Test server man. Every gear piece from this vendor does.
    The weapon is the only one that doesn't have a Splintered Coins increase between the 275 and 277.
    Neck and rings always been at +5 SC for the 277 piece.

So instead of going for the 275, the elite weapon only requires 500 EA more than the normal. It is a decent diff in my point of view.
  11. KobeEl Well-Known Player

We've been having an OP piece with 375 vendor mark to buy for 3 DLC already but you complain about 1750 EA for catalysts ??
    If you farm correctly the bosses, you get more than 100 EA per hour, that means 10 hours to get the last catalyst, 17hrs total for all 3 catalysts, no reset needed.
    With raids giving usually 10-13 of vendor marks for a 20-30 mins run (or even hours...) and reset required, I'd say it's still easier and way much faster to get the world bosses marks than the raid marks, and it's reset-free !

And maybe there will be week events on double or triple EA ? @Mepps?
  12. Eve YouTuber

375 is nowhere near 1750. And I'm not "Complaining". Just giving my opinion on this. We have enough to grind as is.

Edit: You only get that currency from open world bosses. Not from raids, solo or alert. So...
  13. DamageControlPS Active Player

Any chance adding the OP catalysts for in the normal gear vendor for normal marks? I like the idea of free op stuff but for people who don’t mind spending replay badges put it into the Normal vendor aswell for normal marks for those who don’t wanna burn out from the open world bosses please
    • Like x 1
  14. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Yes, you only get them for bosses. But 1 boss give you an average of 10 marks for a 5 mins fight, and no reset is required.
    Can you say thr same about the solo, alert or raid ?

I get that psychologically 1750 seems a lot compared to what we are use to, but when you actually start playing in the open world, you get the numbers so high so fast that it won't matter. Change is good :)

And for the grinding, it's exactly the same. When you think of it, this DLC requires actually less grinding than the previous ones.
    We get more of the vendor marks on a weekly basis, and the EA are reset -free and drops easy.
    Once you're done with the vendor gear (including elite weapon, neck, rings), no need to continue playing the raid or any On Duty Instances. Just a few hours of open world bosses and you are done with catalysts and gen mods.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stranger Well-Known Player

I'm not able to put all of my Augment-XP into the new origin augments.
    Is that a bug?
  16. Eve YouTuber

You can only put the Themysciran XP into the new augments. They changed how it works.
  17. Time Beacon Active Player

Can anyone tell me what catalysts are need for the new op helm? I'm hoping they are more obtainable then the BOP legs
  18. KobeEl Well-Known Player

60 New Genesis Seed from solos and alerts. ( 10; 20; 30)
    14 Spark of the Skyland from raids. (2; 4; 8 )
    + 1 vendor catalyst per level (250 EA, 500 EA, 1000 EA).

So basically same mechanism as the previous 2-3 DLCs.
    Nothing new here except that the marks are dropping from World bosses and not Missions/On Duty instances.
    • Like x 2
  19. Time Beacon Active Player

great another op item ill never be able to get smh
    • Like x 2
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Is there a way you guys could add seals of competion/presevation for people who finish the Newest elite raid? A % chance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.