Test Discussion Dual Wield Flurry Shot Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

We are making an adjustment to Dual Wield Flurry Shot because it is still too powerful by too much compared to other Damage options, exceptionally so when compared to other combos or might abilities in single target encounters.

The adjustment is simple:
    • The final (4th) tick of damage will land when the animation is complete (instead of when the animation is about 80% complete).
    Who will this impact?
    • If you are using DWFS without clipping, absolutely nothing will change for you and you will still get the same, full damage from the attack.
    • If you are using DWFS with clipping, you will no longer receive that final damage tick.
      • However, clipping after the third damage tick and continuing your rotation will still be competitive and significantly better DPS than not clipping the attack at all.
      • The margin of how much better will be reduced.

Please keep all feedback directly related to this adjustment.
    • Like x 33
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If flurry shot is going to be nerfed can we at least get a buff to other ST damage weapons? On ST the only real choice prec has is flurry shot. Why nerf it without giving prec users choices?
    • Like x 6
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Thank you so much for listening to my feedback! And i like these changes they definetly are good.
    • Like x 2
  4. Evolution New Player

Hopefully nature is next
    • Like x 7
  5. iSativa New Player

Any prec dps knows that getting consistent 4 ticks takes practice. Seems like this is punishing players who put effort into their dps,grind on the sparring target, and test parses. And for what? I haven’t seen any example of a raid, elite or regular, that couldn’t be beat with only might dps’s, the gap isn’t so drastic that it necessitates a nerf. This is purely just to make ******** might dps feel better, and has nothing to do with actual balance in gameplay.
    • Like x 4
  6. Terremor New Player

Sounds good, but like "DeitySupreme" said (and many others on forum) ppl want to play other weapons, please give us a choise.
    BUFF other weapons !
    • Like x 4
  7. Sunshine254 Level 30

Since your nerfing weapons why don't you nerf the other weapons that do high damage i.e. two handed doomspin
    • Like x 2
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

FS will still be a completely viable choice. A weapons/prec full pass isn't feasible at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Ahhhj Hahhhh ! Lmao great response mepps!
    • Like x 1
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

U can't use on elite bosses so doesn't matter.
  11. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

12. nawanda Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

.<——- world’s smallest violin playing just for you and other broken shot spammers
    • Like x 6
  14. DamageControlPS Active Player

This is terrible, your taking away the skill part of the flurry shot, people who spent days practising perfecting the 4th tick and the old dps skill feel The game once had before the jump cancel GU. In summary your balance now punished skilled players (again), the nature dps that is completely broken is now the best and no other might power is anywhere near it. So you made an option to be any power and perform well into now nature dps will just
    Be single handle let the best over all. That Is not balance at all. If you played this game and played it in the hours that many people have who actually do the hardest content no one had a problem with dual wield, the people who do most dcuo things on forums instead of the game were the ones complaining about DWFS. The prec function of the game gave you less headache because I remember revamp days people who were on forums complaining about different power sets all the time and how they are all unbalanced your headed into that direction again in my opinion. Prec and flurry shot kept those problems hidden but now your opening up a Pandora’s box if you think that people will now stop complaining
    • Like x 4
  15. generalzod Committed Player

Threads off ,but it may not be so bad if ya added stronger aoe weapon . Then prec still be strong st and doom spin for melee . If prec had strong range weapon then wouldn’t it be solid ? What be weak hear ?
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

snottiness aside, because "you can't stand 40 yards away and doomspin". risk - > reward. or are we also gonna nerf Rage too?
    • Like x 3
  17. zNot Loyal Player

the amount of thumbs up this thread has gotten in such a short time shows how much this nerf was needed also as mepps said DWFS its still a viable option i think you are overreacting.
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

12 thumbs is a lot? Lol
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well we did already have one of those not that long ago. Maybe we could have small tweaks and adjustments like this on a semi regular basis?
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

One of the things we like about this adjustment vs. others is that the same skillful clipping still results in better damage than not-clipping. The skill-factor stays, it's just not as an obscene advantage over every other way to play.
    • Like x 13
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.