Test Discussion Episode 38: Fractured God Sphere (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telnano Active Player

I run and closed that Raid yday. So i have 1 question, isnt the Episode over yet? I think a second Part will come too...
    btw i like the map :)
  2. KobeEl Well-Known Player

So most of our feedbacks seems to be aligned after 4-5 days, people keep on saying the same.
    So since there isn't much more we can provide at this stage, could we have some Dev inputs on what's next for this DLC only raid on Test server? (Like JackFrost just did for World Bosses on another thread).
    Is there anything new coming up on for FGS normal or even Elite to (re)test ?
    Or are you just looking for bug reports ?
    • Like x 2
  3. Kurama Active Player

Tanto la raid élite, como las proezas de la misma, estarán disponibles en el servidor de prueba ?
  4. TLantern Developer

Going as planned! *ahem* I mean, we'll go ahead an add messaging there. It also sounds like we need to review the damage there, thanks!
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

T'Lantern and myself have been too busy to address much feedback in this thread due to working on Elite for the last few days. We hope that it will be difficult enough right out the gate but we have a few other plans to adjust difficulty in Elite AND in Normal as needed.

We have fixed a couple issues which made Normal too easy, such as the DPS check to stop Grail from using her Omega Execute and made the Father Box mind control more meaningful. That should be available tonight along with the first pass of the Elite.

We'll be working on feats next as well as addressing more difficulty concerns (and bugs of course) for Normal and especially Elite.
    • Like x 3
  6. TLantern Developer

Hey, thanks! I'll tune up those storms for sure.

Unfortunately we won't be able to remove borders from the map, it's a little technical and too risky at this point in the development of the Episode.
  7. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Yes it is fun to see new mechanics in boss fights but if you’re looking at filling the spaces between boss fights maybe throwing in some mechanics there would be beneficial and feel like we are doing something instead of mindlessly killing adds. Examples like FOS 2 or Kahn where we run the rock/stone. Protecting and objective from and onslaught of adds. I am a player from launch and I guess you can tell I really enjoyed FOS 2...but that’s not because the boss fights alone but the objectives and the fear of actually wiping on the adds; the Assassins would crush a tank if you accidentally pulled too many. That’s what people want; fear of failing. Also, I’m sure no one would object if you threw in some sub-boss fights. Great work to the entire dev team! Hopefully i wasn’t coming off wrong but DCUO is a great game and there is a reason I’ve been playing it for 9 years.
  8. IcyStone Well-Known Player

I have found a compromising hole in the raid, at least in elite one and i reported it or should say it here?
  9. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Alright I tanked Grail on Elite version as rage tank and it seems common rage tanking issues occurs in this raid too.

I got mind controlled during spinning staff phase plus there was adds and aoe attack. What I see is even if I start severe punishment before getting mind controlled or when MC form activate the severe punishment , the dmg I get during MC form counts as I normally getting damage and rage crashing me as soon as Im free of mind control. And sometimes MC form can use the rage crash canceller and also can cause rage crash afterwards.
  10. TLantern Developer

Yes, if you found a hole please share it here! Thanks.
  11. IcyStone Well-Known Player

The hole is in first boss fight if you go inside the right pillar and then move up to the ceiling, it allows to go outside the map and be above boss on invisible plane and even sort of damage boss, heal give power to people below and also opens path to zeus at the end of the raid. Didnt check on left pillar or in normal version. I already reported this on exploits forum tho.
    • Like x 1
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yeah, that's one patched up. Thanks for the report.
  13. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

You guys did very good on the raid the only thing that bugs me out is that we teamed up with darkseid......i think if darkseid was the enemy then it would have been better!!! But overall it was all good:)
    • Like x 3
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

We will get with Engineering about the MC and Rage combination aspects. No promises.

A couple things re: Mind Control in Elite - the values for the insane health increase and resistance didn't get removed like they did in Normal Mode, so it's really hard to break MC on targets through damage currently. MC will be more of a threat in Elite after the next update.

• It will pulse damage around the MC'd person.
    • The amount of damage to break MC will have a thinner margin for overkill than in other modes - so you can burn the target down to 20 percent health or whatever and break it but if you don't watch it, you'll KO the target. Burning the target down to break the MC will be much easier.
    • The amount of targets and the roles targeted will increase over cycles by Grail (in Elite) - meaning the first cycle she does it, only 2 targets (non support), then 2 targets but one of them suppport, then three targets, and then 4 targets. Tanks won't get targeted until the 4 target mark. DPS check to defeat Grail before that happens which SHOULD NOT be possible until you get better gear in the episode.
    • Consumables now grant 30 second immunity to the one consuming the Ambrosia, in addition to the typical break out component that things like Quicklime grant. This will grant more flexibility in handling MC. There will be a feat to not use them, of course.
    • Magic Crystal Supply Drop will no longer work in Elite content in terms of clearing major boss mechanics on a whim.
    • Nectars, not the Ambrosias, will be tradeable. This will increase the trading and availability to those who want to farm the Nectars and for those who want to buy and make Ambrosia out of them.
    • Like x 3
  15. TLantern Developer

Thank you! And to quote Wonder Woman "Your time will come yet, Darkseid!"
    • Like x 3
  16. Phen0menal Active Player

Not sure if have been report or done before. But during the caldron room of the raid. General Craze chased a DPS into the caldron and DPS but Craze stayed there where no one could get and door would not open to move on through instance.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

We'll get that fixed for the weekend. Thanks.
  18. Rev erse New Player

I found a hole in the staircase that makes you able to fly through the entire map visiting Apokolips, New Genisis and the other fancy locations :)Should I add a picture of the actual location of that hole ?[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll contact you about it. Thanks!
  20. Scarecrow66 New Player

Can you make the cages in the last boss targetable, some of my attacks miss especially on hand blasters
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.