Test Discussion Episode 38: Crypt of Penthesilea (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Hello everybody!

This is the feedback thread for the Crypt of Penthesilea 4 Player Operation. Please leave feedback, comments, and details about any issues you find.

Known Issues:
    • Feats are not in yet
    • Weapons do not appear in the intro cut-scene for the 2nd boss
    Thanks for jumping in an taking a look!
    - Quixotic
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report

After defeating Poseiden, I wanted to look at the area map. When I did, it appeared to be bugged:
    [IMG]
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I've been noticing in this episode is that almost all of the "big attacks" have red on-screen messages. That is very apparent in the first fight. The Poseiden fight doesn't really have that though. You just get a message when the add phase is about to start. If the intention is to announce all of the big attacks with messages, Poseiden's tracking cone attack should receive one.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Here's my run of the alert, sorry that the combat tab isn't shown, I keep forgetting to change to it, so I rather hide the chat:

The run was rather clear. Fairly easy. One of Poseidon's attack is following you wherever you go and you easily die from it,
    not sure if there's away to get around it without getting knocked out. Queen Wonder Woman fight is fun and challenging.
    I was stuck because I didn't see where the statues are lol but I love it so far, could even buff the difficulty a little on normal.
    • Like x 1
  5. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Bug:
    We ran the alert today. During Queen Diana boss fight our group wiped; Im not sure what exactly what caused this but it was at arrow storm phase. Group members got one shotted 1 by 1. (It wasnt her reflect mechanic.) Afterwards when we came to the boss fight, it was bugged. We werent able to target boss and start the fight. We end up disband and requeued. On 2nd try of alert, everything was smooth.

Also another thing; its not a bug (cuz we already seeing this type of thing on live server) but no harm to spot on; While fighting Queen Diana, either her or Archers hit the healing barrel and she got healed up a big chunk of her HP (like 30%)
  6. Telnano Active Player

Same here 3 mins before.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

8. DJ BOSS New Player

9. Trexlight Devoted Player

As others here is our run in the Alert

Puzzles:
    Loved em. Keep em. People need to pay attention lol

Queen Diana-
    - Untargetable after a wipe while fighting her. Have to Disband and run it over again.
    - The fight is useless for a Tank in my eyes. I kept the Aggro but felt one of her abilities did an Aggro dump, pointed to a Random group member, and jumped to their position to attack. But ever with that she would be on me but with the mechanics of the run I would have been better to DPS.
    - "Block Lasso Vortex": I feel this is a 2 fold attack. First is to block the Lasso so you dont get pulled in and then the Spin Attack that follows is suppose to do damage. The problem is even though I blocked, I stayed in melee range and she did the Spin Attack but I felt I wasnt taking damage. Could have been my shield or the heals but I just didnt see the damage.

Poseidon-
    - Not a bad fight. Really liked it.
    - The big attack he does I didnt notice a Skull Attack but when he jumps into the air and smashes his Trident to ground it causes the frontal cone attack. He follows it up with pointing the staff at his target and shooting water out. When we move he follows the target continuing the blast. We cant interrupt it or truly block it. The Healer just kinda has to pour out the Heals and shields until the attack is done. Is this attack unavoidable?

10. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

This alert is incredibly fun. The puzzles are interesting, the boss fights are rich in mechanics and a nice difficulty, all around this is a very solid instance (even better than the raid IMO). Probably could be buffed a little, but I know not everyone likes being thrown around lol.

This is probably a shot in the dark but if there was ever a time to bring back elite alerts this would be it. This alert is soooooo fun and I’d honestly love to have a challenging version similar to the new SM. This way the regular can be kept at a doable level for everyone, and we have another version for those that wanna really push ourselves.
  11. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback!

I passed along the map issue in Atlantis to the artists. They're looking into it.
    Fixes that should be in the next update:
    • Queen Diana will be attackable after the fight resets
    • Added a warning message for Poseidon's big trident attack
    • Poseidon's Trident Torrent will fire in the direction he's facing instead of tracking his target.
    I'll see if I can do something about the heal barrels healing the Boss as well.
    I'm not yet sure what the one-shot in Queen Diana's fight might be. I did a quick audit of her big attacks and none look like they should one-shot anyone. Some do big damage but I didn't see anything that should knock someone out by itself. I'l keep an eye on this.
    Queen Diana doesn't have an aggro dump, but she does target a distant player for her jump attack. She should go back to attacking a tank after that if there is one.
    Thanks again everyone!
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 4
  12. FlamePowerStriker Level 30

Overall I really enjoyed the alert and thought it was fun. I liked the mechanics in the boss fights as well as most people have said so far. My only issue I forsee is on the Switch, the platform I currently play on and for some reason on the atlantis tilesile it causes the game to crash for some reason whether it is entering open world atlantis, base with alot of atlantis items, Damage Control alert Atlantis part, or Silent School alert. This does not always happen to every one in the group, but happens most of the time to someone in group. I was thinking this alert will add on to that issue when we teleport into atlantis in the new alert on Switch at official release. Can this be looked into before official release of new dlc so it doesn't add to it?
  13. zNot Loyal Player

The alert is awesome! What i hope we can see from now on is that a Tank is must have on alerts i think its much better and makes alerts also like Mini raids.
  14. Requake Dedicated Player

Hi all,

Alert seemed to be pretty decent, I was healing and playing with 3 dpses.

The first part, with the puzzles, I'm sorry to say, but just queueing for this alert will be a pain, people do not read anything and just want to blow through it.
    I love these mini puzzles, but we need a way for the game to literally tell people what to do, as in 'Go to room X to unlock the first lock' etc etc, or on average you will end up being there for 30 minutes and doing it all alone, while the others are basically AFK'ing.
    Having the option to go to multiple rooms and multiple options will make some people their brains explode.
    Sorry if someone takes that offensive.

Next to that, one of the remarks I would like to make is the first boss;

The alternating between blocking/shield phase, losing powers, lasso seemed to follow-up on each other too fast, it felt like the DPS couldn't properly start burning the boss or we had to do something again.

My first suggestion would be to increase the duration of the shield phase but reduce the frequency of actually doing the shielding, however there is nothing else to do except wait when she blocks, just stand and chill.
    Maybe have something to do here somehow?

So my actual suggestion here would probably be to maybe slow down the frequency and just increase the HP of the boss at this moment in time.

I'm sure there will be some white knights saying 'it's good, so you can't just pew pew everything and run through', but it just feels slow and sluggish in my opinion.

On second boss;

The mechanic where you can't be in front of Poseidon for example, makes sure everyone is a little bit on their toes
    Fits pretty much the requirement for an alert boss to me.
  15. Light Xray New Player

BUG REPORT
    Was running through the alert and on our 3rd attempt at the first boss she was nearing half health then sank in the floor and disappeared. We weren't doing anything special just watching the mechanics and burning her down.

Edit: had to warp rally to get her to reset completely
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is it intended for Queen Diana to be able to attack through the weapon racks as if they are transparent? I've noticed a few groups have this and I ran into this yesterday while testing the alert. When I go to the weapon rack to get my powers back (even going behind the weapon rack) and have QD's aggro she can still attack me from the other side of the weapon rack, and can attack me through it as well.

Just wanted to confirm that this is intended (or not).
  17. zNot Loyal Player

When entering the atlantis part of the alert the screen becomes black or goes away completly pleas fix it asap
    • Like x 2
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

HUD bug in Atlantis Bridge section on PS4.

• Like x 1
  19. Roocck Committed Player

I was tanking this alert which I dislike after being there for 30-45min (didn’t finish) so to the mechanics, deslike mechanics in solos, duals and alerts... Acceptable in raids, it is a raid and should be tough enough that everyone can enjoy... No matter dislike it so much I took all my character out of leagues and will not going to resubmit... Taking a break or maybe just quitting after it’s finished..... Tired of leveling augments and arts after every episode..... The game takes a lot of time and money which I will no longer do anymore.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.