Hard Light Problems(CAN WE PLEASE REPLACE TRIAGE???)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Down4li43, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Down4li43 Level 30

I never thought that HL was useless, but if you compare it to the other controller powers, they can do everything that HL can do but better. I still feel like the combos should debuff in controller stance. Light blast is also clunky on Console, even when trying to jump- Cancel it. Triage is literally useless to me. Put it on my troll Loadout in PVE and PvP and Yupp, you can replace it with literally anything else it would be better. The DPS side is good, it just drinks up a lot of power when chaining combos together. I don’t get how you can release a power built around combos and not want the combos to be effective in support role.
    • Like x 1
  2. LastMight Active Player

Thank you NotChill for always getting the contrarians out of here with facts! They are the reason this game never changes because everything is always hunky dory in their DCUO world. How can anybody blame great devs like Batuba for these issues, our community and dev team are all playing balance catchup and these contrarians aren't helping!
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Good points in the thread.

Is Hard Light's issue that it is one of the older Controller Powers?

Which ones (Controller Powers) came out first? Gadgets?

I'd guess that it could go for an update of sorts.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Gadgets and Mental were the original two when the game was released. Light was the first DLC power, and first additional Controller power. Back then though the powersets weren't as...homogenised as they are now. The revamp made a lot of powers kind of samey in the name of balance. Aggro dumps are super useful so since every other Controller power set has access to an aggro dump it does feel a bit weird that Light is left out, it could definitely use some love on the Controller side. For me personally, Light is the least seen Controller set that I ever see out in the wild and it always has been. It's extremely rare that I see a Light Conroller in game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Agreed on the revamp and making them all very similar.
    Lightblast was for a long time the best stun in game, & recharge originally was good for 7 people.

I never did understand why the brick wall was removed but triage stayed (wasn't it called barrier?)
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I was never sure why it was removed either. Maybe back then they had to make sure every powerset only had a specific number of abilities since they had a structure of two power trees, whereas now it doesn't really matter. I'd be happy for them to add it back into the game. It was a weird ability for sure, but I always thought it looked great.