Bonus weeks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jontek, Jul 12, 2020.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Decided to add this... HMM so let see

We had a bonus week for Daemohedrons from the JLDark content

A bonus week for Dark Mertal Coins from the Metal Part 1 content

and a bonus week for Thanagarian Mark from the Metal Part 2 content

Gee that means that players at those combat Rating may just have made enough currency to buy enough armor to advance from one DLc to the next and WOW all of them are now high enough to buy and slot the armor available by purchasing armor from the vendor in BOP Metropolis. I bet they'd just love another week where Lex Coin is doubled.

Just because YOU don't need it any more does not mean no one else does. Hell a ten level can benefit from a double Lex Coin weekend cause he or she get twice the coins to buy the available armor from THAT vendor on the roof top in Metropolis. Hey like I said my Main is at CR 34 and every slot in my DPS build has CR 265 armor. But I can still buy gear to advance my support role and I have 6 other ALT that can still use more Lex Coin to buy gear for either role.

You don't need Lex Coins? Hey click here DC Universe Season two of the Doom Patrol has started... There is a new episode of Stargirl coming later tonight... or just go and binge the two seasons of Harley Quinn. I am assuming of course that since you are playing a Super hero game based on DC comics something like that MAY interest you?

Already been statted.. You are not the only person playing the game and just because this doesn't benefit YOU doesn't mean there are not hundreds or thousands jumping for joy at the chance to earn extra Lex Coins.
    • Like x 5
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Speak for yourself, some of us have lives and don't replay content from day to night every single day so Double/Triple Lex Coins bonus weeks are still welcomed.

Also, the past 3 weeks haven't been all Lex Coins! We've only had two of them (May 14-May 20 and June 18-24) and the pattern is always three bonus weekends or in this case week.
    • Like x 10
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

The OP came in calling the game trash and gave unrealistic demands. For all I care, the OP can stay gone if they quit.
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the correction. I've yet to cap on episode currency. I'm not even sure how you cap with regular gameplay unless you spend nothing until the end and replay quite a bit.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction: He called the Bonus Lex Coins week trash....not the game. ;)
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

Ha ha ha. Of course we are paying for bonus weekends. Nothing is this game comes for free.
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

I agree with you on it doesn't really matter if they stay or leave.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The base game from tier 1-4 is free.
    Playing the latest episode is free(gimped, but free.)
    5 powersets are free(Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Mental, and Sorcery.)

And Bonus weekends are free, they haven't costed you anything outside of what you've may have already bought in terms of content or membership.

Don't say your "membership" is paying for Bonus weekends, because it's not. Your membership is helping to keep the servers up; I'll grant that and only that. Your membership isn't funding that, no matter how you want to spin it.

That'd be like me saying I'm paying for all the products at a best buy because I have a membership, it's a dumbfounding statement to make & it's factually not true.

So you can go ahead and provide me with a receipt of your transaction for a Bonus Weekend in DCUO, oh wait; you can't because that's impossible; but you'll just keep insisting that you somehow pay for something that costs you nothing because of the old "Daybreak's greedy bro" narrative.

I'm not dwelling into this any further, have a nice day.
    • Like x 2
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

Running this game isn't free. Everything they do is an attempt to make money. Either short term or long term. I see you and I are not going to see eye to eye on this so have a nice day. You can have the last word.
  10. Faelwolf Active Player

One thing that's been overlooked, is not all players have the means to buy replay badges to speed up their leveling. The free 150 replays go fast, and are slow to refresh, so don't help much. For those of us on a fixed income, where the monthly sub is all they can afford, bonus weeks like this are awesome. I can finish gearing up my main, along with an alt or two, and it shaves weeks off of it. Not to mention the added coins for conversion later, or to get the OP legs worked up, etc. without it taking months. (If you don't have the money, you have to have patience to play MMO's these days). I only wish we'd had 3 weeks of bonus Lex coins! I am rather excited to hear we are having another week of bonus Lex! For the weeks we get bonuses that don't help me much, I just shrug it off, as it's certainly helping someone. Don't be a dog in a manger.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You forgot Nature, that's 6.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Ahh I knew there was one I was missing from that list, but I couldn't recall it lol.
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If u spam alts for canary crys and use ur money now to buy as many as u can before 2x lex marks happen. Canary crys will sell for 20mil and up. Take a look at the broker and see the revenue there. that kinda profit is gold for buying as much nth metal exp u want. nth metal cache go for about 300+ mil
    for 99. do the math u dont need 2x nth metal anymore. Buying nth metal caches is like taking money from a baby
  14. Jontek New Player

I just reseted the Raid 2 times so what. The problem is the player who have the armor and op legs full have nothing to do with bop and with source marks u can lvl up a toon. And like I said again Lex coins are trash.
  15. Jontek New Player

If we havent it in the past 2 times i would nothing say but thats trash imo. I think everyone is happiert with source marks or artefact xp.
  16. Eve YouTuber

The responses on this thread proves otherwise. People are happy with any bonus week. It gives us something to do, and helps makes the grind a bit easier. Just saying It's trash and give a reason that is not a fact or can be backed up, is not constructive.
    • Like x 4
  17. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i am happy acording to the bonus week with the metal part 1 bonus week i got enought darkmetal coins to purchase 1 material and a few accesories that i wanted . talking in general about the bonus week we have to take everything that we can for exaple this week we can use it to level up others artifacts and get extra feats for level up .i hope that the following bonus week the devs put a crossfaction week heroes buying villains styles and villains buying heroes styles
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Everything you're asking for as happened (repeatedly) during this quarantine bonus week run.
    • Like x 10
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

First of all, there will be new stuff to spend Lex Coins on. Even if none of it is your cup of tea, do you already have the feats for collecting a material, aura and one of the style pieces? Even if you do, there will most likely be another feat added for collecting something from the new batch of rewards. Me personally, I too have max vendor gear for both roles except for utility belts, and I almost never end up getting the weapon, face or trinket for troll role but this time around I do. And yeah, I got the eyes and the aura for the feats and style and even got both emblems as they looked like they might go well on my futuristic drone accessory. BUT, being that earthy styles aren’t my thing and 400 coins being a steep price, I still don’t have the feat for collecting a material.

Second of all...even if you have every single gear and feat/style item available and even have enough lex coins saved up to get the new style feat, a lot of those items are tradable. Double lex coins means a total of around 100 extra lex coins (without replays). That alone could buy an item that can probably sell for $25M or more on the broker if you wait out the supply surge that the week will create. Or for another 50 you can get the aura which will sell for anywhere between $35M and $60M (again, if you wait a little bit).
    • Like x 1