Test Discussion Episode 38: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Gorgon Slayer drops from the open world bosses that don't lock, the trash gear is Themysciran Battlesuit
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Ok, that's my bad , since didn't get the augments when entering DLC , I didn't check the bonus from Adaptive Augment (AA).
    I thought it was intended but Red Five just said it isn't intended.

Btw, it says +1 per AA when defeating a boss, so failing remains 3 EA.
    But if they keep the bosses as easy as they are right now, a 16+ people fight can only end up victorious.
    So that makes 46 EA / 30 mins event circle fights.
    So for 4950 EA needed to buy all for a char role, that makes it down to 50hrs farm.
    Which, as Trexlight said, isn't that much time for a regular player actually. Could take around a month to get the entire DLC gear completed, as usual.

Updated the time calc with the AA bonus just above, actually, I agree with you. It seems decent amounf of time.

For the pricing, your statement seems like a good explaination, but it would be nice to have that kind of info from Dev team when publishing content.

Yes the game itself isn't made for alts since the increase of Artifacts to 200 and Omni requiring 375 marks.
    But all the rest have always been reasonably available for alts, specially with feat reducing vendor prices.
    I'd like to know too if something like that is planned for this new vendor since I don't imagine feats related to those items.

If it's the case, people might keep grinding bosses on 1 or 2 additionnal toons and so keep on fighting boss fights for months. I know I'd might.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the spotting, I had only glossed over it, but I can confirm I did get the 2 extra marks today when i defeated a boss, you will be right on the failed boss I imagine :)
    • Like x 1
  5. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Just confirmed it's 3 EA when failing even with both AA with Rank 3+

Also about vendor gear price, I also vote for consistency on each DLC.
    Even if now with AA bonus, I understand the increase.
    We earn 5 more daily marks, but one raid only. So it's +22 marks per week compared to BoP at the begining (w/t Bot).
    • Like x 1
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Thanks to proxystar and few others here all the 4 diffrent sodas and what they do: The blue soda WILL 100% NEEDED FOR ELITE 1ST BOSS WHERE GRAIDL MIND CONTROLS PEOPLE IT WILL TAKE PEOPLE OUT OF MC!!!!!
    See pic bleow:
    [IMG]
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'd have to find that statement from the Devs but oof that was years ago during AF3 when that content was lasting for 6 months. But thats just how the Episodes release now. They will last 3-6 months maybe more. They dont do "3 DLCs a year" or every quarter anymore. They release when they feel its ready and the pricing of the Vendor Gear is usually the detection of how long content is expected to last.
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

115 Marks for the Chest/Legs ?! In BOP it was 100, additionally even 2 raids!!!
    And i BET we earn only 600 renown too...
    This DLC is going to be a rip off.
  9. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Had this same issue today
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been 3 episodes per year since they stopped monthly episodes in 2016:
    2017 AoJ, RwC, E-3
    2018 Deluge, Titans, Atlantis
    2019 JLD, Metal I, Metal II
    2020 BoP, Wonderverse, ???

And AF3 lasted 6 months because the stats revamp kept getting pushed back.
    • Like x 2
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

With the daily increase by five marks, as stated above, the pricing is just in line with former content like BoP. As for the renown, I imagine most players will have ran the elite raid more than enough when they reach the total amount of marks required for the elite gear. After all, if you can beat the elite raid (with more marks than the regular one), why would you jump to less rewarding content, anyways?
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

I thought we can only get the 38.4 thru the vendor? Are you sure we're getting .1 and .2 versions? I would also prefer if the gen mods was a choice. I don't understand why it went back to RnG, I don't see how any player would appreciate this move. To be honest with the difference in Stats between the drop gen mod and the vendor, I still see most players opting to replace these with the vendor as soon as they are able.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yes, I got 38.0,38.1,38.2 .... a lot .... though they were all for roles not available for my character (Vit and Resto, despite the fact that I played for the tank and DPS)
    • Like x 1
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Bug Report
    Icons for artifact weapons (Brawling and Dual Pistol ) look like the icon for one-handed weapons.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Not sure the motive either but yeah Ive gotten .1 Mods from Hydra. The Drops will be gained faster than those on the Vendor but yeah, another carrot on the stick with the Gen Mods being on Vendor.

If anyone has pics of the Gen .# Mods, mind posting any pics of them? Of course credit will be given on the Sourcewall. Havent seen .2 or .3 yet.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

https://www.4shared.com/photo/JBf6pQLlea/DC_Universe_Online_genmod.html
    • Like x 2
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Why did they bring mind control back!! I thought as a collective we absolutely hated this mechanic lmao
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Not sure if this can be answered right now- I am asking once again just to see if any Dev can reply:
    Since there are a lot of changes with this Episode, and different currency for rewards. How is it going to effect Bonus *Episode Currency* Week? Are we gonna get the currency for the rewards from the big bosses as well?
    • Like x 1
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I noticed the regular event vendor has the end game purple drop style (like normal) on unattuned gear boxes, but the vendor with the elite accessories and other things also has the enhanced version of that style (for some of both marks from the episode) also in unattuned gear boxes. Both sets of gear boxes were purple. Is the vendor the only way to get the enhanced style? Or do purple drops in end game have a chance of being either the normal or enhanced style?
  20. Eve YouTuber

From what I noticed there is no ownerboxes in this episode. And from drops I got regular purple gear, so yeah seems like enhanced is from that vendor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.