Circe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Please tell me she's included in Wonderverse, a Wonder Woman/Amazon ep doesn't feel right without her.
  2. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Nope sorry
  3. Eve YouTuber

She is not included sadly.
  4. Stardazer Committed Player

I figured Donna and Wonder Girl would be included, but even they aren't. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Mermaid Dedicated Player

The exclusion of Circe AND Cheetah is both a mystery and a missed opportunity. Circe would have definitely inserted herself after her failures in Amazon Fury. I can see her positioning herself as an ally to Queen Diana (Flashpoint Wonder Woman) since she probably won't align herself with Ares or Hera. I get that people are still probably tired of her but she's a DCUO staple and her voice actress is super amazing like she didn't need a massive role to play but her presence is definitely missed and needed.

Cheetah has been a very ferocious villain in the comics the last couple of years (not that she never was) but her much more menacing appearance and her involvement and alignment with Lex Luthor's Legion of Doom has elevated her status and threat level more than ever. She is also the featured villain in WW84! I will never understand why she wasn't chosen, this would have been the perfect time to revisit her character and update her old model. She's also never really had a massive role here in DCUO so definitely a missed opportunity!

Donna Troy and Wonder Girl are another key characters that are oddly missing given the fact that they played a part in the early stages of the game and also Donna from my understanding is set to be remodeled. I would have been fine with them being quest givers or even as simple as being seen in the battlefield battling the Gods and intruders... also QUEEN HIPPOLYTA! Like where is she? She's the Queen of the Amazons for Hera's sake! She would not take too kindly to this invasion especially from the Greek Gods who failed her during the events of Amazon Fury....

I get that the episode already has such a large ensemble of characters involved but to not have these key characters in a Wonder Woman episode that is meant to celebrate her legacy is truly baffling. I'm still very excited for the episode don't get me wrong but just some thoughts and sorry for the wall of text lol!
    • Like x 9
  6. Megzilla Developer

I would've loved to have a Cheetah refresh (and Wonder Girl) >.< There is always next time! And I always love to see the refreshes.
    • Like x 9
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I wouldn't be surprised if she's resting after some plastic surgery. Her AF character model wasn't exactly pretty to look at. They're probably not eager to put that asset into content until it gets refreshed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Donna is not included but she did get a new model.

Donna got remodeled even though she is not included.

Leaving Wondergirl (Cassie) and Donna out seems abit weird. It is a war on Theymscira. They should be there.
    • Like x 4
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I can't agree more with you. My thoughts exactly.
    Sometimes I feel like the episode overall plot goes around what assets and NPCs they can re-use and what not. Having Grail is awesome but I do miss Cheetah and Donna with prominent roles. Even Artemis as WW would have made sense, more than Red Son WW.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

Then why we even have updated Wonder Woman? The feedback regarding her head / face hasnt been exactly possitive and yet they didn't even tried to retouch her.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I spent a little time on test yesterday but they shut down so I barely finished the outer world stuff. Only thing I got done besides the dailies was the solo challenge. I am surprises not to see Circe is included anywhere and I agree Cheetah would have been another great asset they obviously did not use........... YET. Don't forget of late they are always adding in new Bounties to attack and surprisingly at least so far we only have the one solo challenge, 1 alert and 1 raid. No dup at att and I am used to seeing at least 2 raids. May be more on the way. Let's hope! :D<-------- finger's crossed
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Same that is why I brought this up! I hope it isn't too far into the future though!

I actually like her model especially for its time. The gear is wonderfully made (I want her crown and chest/skirt) and the face isn't too bad, I definitely would prefer a new version, one that is more in-line with her current look in the comics but I wouldn't mind if they re-texture her too. Also, they have a whole shrine and temple with her statues dedicated to her based on her current look in-game so I don't think it's that, probably a voice actress situation..

Yeah..even if it was just Donna given her prominence in the comics and the show Titans. I would even just settle for her as a quest giver because she does have a whole new look to show off hehe.

Artemis' time as Wonder Woman had already come to pass as revealed in one of the AFIII investigations so it kinda wouldn't make sense. I would love to see Artemis rock her Rebirth look though!
    • Like x 2
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The body was great. The white and golden armour was quite beautiful even. The face was the problem -- it was hideous.

I suppose it could be a VA availability issue but the actress (Zelda or Hilda? from the original Sabrina) wasn't irreplaceable. I love the actress in general but videogames and voice acting are a different beast. Her ingame lines felt awkward and forced so I wouldn't be opposed her being replaced if they needed to.
  14. Eve YouTuber

Who was refreshed beside Donna and Kalibak? Or they are the only ones?