Test Discussion Episode 38: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Well then, again, you need to apply this change retroactively otherwise I'll tell you right now how I get around your system.

1. I walk up to the titan DLC vendor, I purchase 8 DLC titan augments.

2. I load all those augments up with exobytes until they hit the first breakthrough and blow past that breakthrough a little

3. I take those Titan DLC augments and I feed them in to the new DLC specific augments using exobytes I've saved for months

4. The point of your change is then completely circumvented and made irrelevant, I mean sure I lose 50% of the xp in those Titan DLC augments feeding them, but who cares...

It makes the entire change redundant, becuase if your goal was to "simplify" the system, it simply DOES NOT do that, it confuses it by creating a layer of distinction between head augments and body augments and two seperate types of exobytes from 2 seperate sources; that is entirely unnecessary.

If your goal was to "slow progression", which I suspect is the real goal here, then it FAILS, because of the steps I've outlined above, if you don't change it retroactively then it's an absolutely meaningless change.
    • Like x 4
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

Well a lot people complained about the RNG for the Gen Mods, when you have alts an you don't get the Gen Mods you need an it went on DLC after DLC, then it does and did become an issue.

I don't see then why it can't be not made account bound just lock it to certain cr level , I do not have a problem with that because there is a lock on certain consumables to cr levels.
  3. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Ahaha so the rewards.

Let's start with the Empyrean Aether (EA)

3 EA if we fail the boss fight, 6 EA if we are victorious. 12 EA if we kill Hydra.
    So that's 36 EA every 30mins (full sucess)

Since we require 4950 EA to buy 12 Gen mods, the Omni Calalysts, 1 weapon, 1 neck, 2 rings...
    It will take around 70 hrs of victorious runs to achieve this on one char role !

That's a new kind of grinding for sure ! But with no reset required !!
    (But don't forget there is still Splintered coins to grind too).

So the Splintered Coins (SC)

I thought the price of the gear pieces was always based on the weekly number of marks we can gain (w\t reset).
    So this time the Weapon is at 95 and Elite Check/Legs at 115 but there is no Omni catalysts to buy with "DLC mark" (SC).
    But yet, we drop less marks (4 daily missions, 2 weekly mission, 1 solo, 1 alert, 1 raid)
    compared to initial BoP drops (3 daily missions, 2 weekly (not counting Bot), 1 solo, 1 alert, 2 raids).

So why that price increase again ? This is inconsistent as f* ! Each DLC the price of the gear is different without any logic! Why ?
    We need to farm more marks for gear (Omni excluded as it's opionnal) with less content available for SC.
    People are going to ask double/triple weeks more often or overdose on content faster than usual.

This DLC is not made to play alts, that's for sure.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

If you level up the new DLC augments you get 2 extra EA's so it becomes 5 for a fail and 8 for a success. plus i guess 14 for for Hydra.

You also get bonus SC for leveling the augments.

I would like to mirror some parts of this post though, I'm not a fan either of the fact that the gear pricing seems to just change on a whim with no rhyme or reason.
    • Like x 4
  5. AveryWren New Player

I think people will struggle with the new gen mods in my opinion I got the tanking artefact and a precision mod in the solo and I’m an electric dps/heal
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Even at 70 hours to get all of that. If the average player plays 4 hours a day thats only about 17.5 Days to get it done. Thats just basically 2 weeks so its not bad really.

The pricing for Vendor does get a bit inconsistent but thats because it determines the length of the Episode the Devs expect players to play it. Could be 3 months or even 6 months (which the later I doubt but it happened before lol)

The game itself isnt Alt friendly but there could be Feats that'll help with the price cutting but the Empyrean Aether stuff is top notch.
  7. Red Five Developer

Looks like those got missed, thanks for the report!
    • Like x 2
  8. Red Five Developer

They can drop from the World Bosses now too, so you should have more opportunities to get them.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Not a fan of us going back to getting random generator mods, and on top of that there's now different versions/rarities. The whole reason we got generator mod boxes was so we could choose which one we wanted (Restoration, Power, Health etc.) because people were complaining about getting generator mods that were useless for their roles. Would it be possible to go back to having a generator mod box where we can just choose the one we want? Make different rarities for the 38.0, 38.1 etc.
    • Like x 10
  10. Red Five Developer

Oh, also there should be a grant that gives you two free Augments, using that grant window we use for things like Extra Life gifts and such. However, it doesn't look like the grant system works on PC Test. I'm talking to people to see if we can make it work.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's worked every prior DLC on test, it wasn't the gift grant window, it was a journal entry, whether that's the system in the background I don't know, but you'd just get an auto completed journal entry and the boxes were placed in the inventory.
  12. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I can already see this DLC is going to be major grind based. I personally I not a fan of this.

The vendor gear elite gear costs more despite being one raid down.

The cost of the OP head is extremely high. Yes the open world bounties are unlocked which is great. Still to high though.

This is going to kill alts and become a very boring grind in the end. We need to balance cost a little better. What is the anticipated time for this DLC? 3 months? 4 months?
    • Like x 3
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Confused on what Amphora Of The Gods gods acually does??? video below i got it to rank 4:

thank you
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It's like the lamp from JLD and gives rewards, there appears to be 4 seperate soders I'm assuming I'm not sure if they're all the same (because I've only finished the one) I believe the soder it decides to reward is also RNG or is possibly in a sequence, and you'll see the items you feed in to it received from the solo are colour coded based on the crystal colour within the solo, if you put the correct colour in based on what its rewarding it gives you an additional 100% xp.

The reward I got from mine, which I believe is the same as yours is an additional soder on a seperate cooldown, effectively the ability to use a soder twice as often.
  15. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i have got blue yellow red green necter drops!!
    maybe if we use all the same color nectars to level it up the soda we get after rank 4 may be diffrent?
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In the topic about the raid, I already wrote that depending on the color, you get different consumables, in particular the one that removes Gral Mind Control from ally.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Here you go, I crafted a different one and would you look at this for an interesting consumable :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Nah its based on the device itself, the device itself is colour coded plus it states in the tool tip what you're crafting, my one just changed red, so I'm assuming they simply go around in a 4 colour rotation, I'll keep testing.

[IMG]

but you'll see this one is now "Hera's Ambrosia" as outlined above, which means the "red potions" from the solo will level it faster, which also means you'll want to be hitting that red solo as often as possible.

You can use all colours to level it, its just the correct colour levels it faster :)
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

about lost rewards, can we get confirmation that in this DLC there are no subscriber chests, or is it buug?
    I hope this is buug, since with every such change the usefulness of the subscription loses its price, now many long-term subscribers are switching to premium because they feel that the only plus of the subscription is unlimited money and even with such inflation it’s not worth the subscription already ...
    • Like x 2
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

What's the style for trash gear?
    I think it should be changed for Gorgon Slayer. We suffered long enough, let us complete that set already with common drops.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.