WELL NEEDED UPDATE to Base/leaguehall decorationg

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robot Savage, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Robot Savage Level 30

I've talked with many people on the US PS4/PC server about what they would want done to the decoration option in bases and in league halls. Im here to voice those suggestions to which ever dev that would listen and would care regarding the creativity in decorating.

1. Item count is too low in League halls. There are many very creative people on DCUO when it comes to decorating, and the only thing that stops them from fully take advantage in decorating a League Hall is the low Item count Cap in each room.Hallways are limited to just 20 ITEMS MAX that's so ridiculously low, and we would love for the hallways item cap to be raised to at least 100. I know of several others who have the idea in creating a Halloween themed hallway and simply cant cause the item cap is very low. You cant really do anything with just 20 items.
    2. Item count is extremely low in every room in the League halls. In many cases the league hall rooms are extremely spacious, And that isn't whats bad, we love that there is so much room in each section of that league halls that fall under a "room" category, But we cant maximize that full room with just 80 as the cap for items. The many rooms are: The giant room with the giant window often looking out to earth or the open sea, The giant room with the 4 large Statues The 2 rooms that have either the Mail boxes or the donation boxes The test dummy room The room where the League Buffs are held Finally the giant room with the huge generator. Each and every single one of these rooms have so much space and we are creatively limited with what we can decorate with a low item cap of 80.... We would love a item cap to be increased to at least 200 as the item cap PER ROOM, it would most definitely allow the people who enjoy decorating much more of a canvas to go nuts!!!
    3. We need a delete option to delete already collected base items in both bases and League halls. I like many others often get lost in an endless pool of base items and often miss the item we were looking for. Yes we know that there is a search option but what if we have no idea what that item is called and 99.99% of the time asking Trade chat or LFG chat is no help what so ever. We are stuck with some unwanted collected base items and they just clog up the list. An option to delete unwanted base items would be very very VERY helpful to the decorating fan base of DCUO.
    4. FULL 90 DEGREE CONTROL on rotating items. When ever we try to rotate an item it often auto corrects itself slight off to where we originally had the item to. We need the option to have full complete control on an item when we rotate it.
    5. We need the option to adjust the height on items that hang from the ceiling. Whats the point in selecting a chandelier or any decent ceiling item if we aren't able to adjust how low or high we want it. Im talking about league halls with very high ceilings.
    any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

I made a thread a month ago about the low count of the items, because it's ridiculous. All of your ideas are great and I hope they finally look into this.
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I will continue to stress the same point I have been making since Lairs were introduced:

The Mainframe has an option under the Permissions setting for "Permission to move base items". It is BROKEN. It does not work. It does not allow people to place, remove, or move base items. It only allows them to be rotated in their existing spot, like turning a painting upside-down.

I want "Permission to move base items" to be FIXED. Make it work. Make it work with the exact same functionality that League Halls have. Anyone with the permission should be allowed to place, remove or move items freely from the Lair's Owner's list of items.

Fixing this will allow us to hire other players to decorate our bases.

Fixing this will allow us to decorate bases for alts while waiting queued on our main (or vice versa).

Fixing this will make decorating much more user friendly.

And Fixing this will fix a function that is broken and has needed fixed for years.

I'm not asking for something new. I'm asking for something broken to be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'd be happy with the option to adjust the size of individual base items. bigger or smaller, is all I want. I got about eleventythousand - yeah, slight exaggeration - really quite groovy statues that I can't put anywhere I want to in me bases because I don't want statues that are pretty much scraping off me ceiling. all I want is to shrink 'em a bit. also, that wacking great dinosaur that looks so cool but literally fits nowhere decent in my base. & that tidgy little Thanagarian ship I got that would look just awesome if I could only make it bigger.

that, & a khazi door.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You keep saying 'fix' as if it was broken. That function has never worked in that way you want.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

"Permission to move items" does not allow people to move items.

I consider that to be broken. I know that it has always been broken. It has never worked. But just because it has never worked does not mean that it is not broken.

If you went to the store and bought a lamp, and when you got it home it does not make light, you would call this lamp "broken". If you contacted the manufacturer and they then said "That lamp never made light, therefore it must be working as intended" you would probably be less than satisfied.

That is the situation we are in. The feature does not do the thing that it is supposed to do (allow people to move base items), therefore it is broken. The fact that it has been broken since the very beginning, and that they have not fixed it for years, does not mean that it is okay. Instead, it means that it is a long-term issue that should have been addressed a long time ago, and they are way past due to fix it. So we should not ignore it; we should continue to remind them that they have been ignoring an existing bug for years.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can move them, just not in the way you want. Just because it doesn't work the way you want it to doesn't mean it's broken.
    If you think it's a bug report it in Arkham Asylum. I'll even upvote it.