Test Discussion Episode 38: Fractured God Sphere (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the official feedback thread for the Fractured God Sphere Raid! Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, bug finds, or any general feedback here!

A few notes:
    - Elite mode inactive. Normal and Event modes are available for testing.
    - Feats are not in yet
    - in general screen shots are helpful for identifying issues if you can swing it!

Thank you! Have fun saving the multiverse!

EDIT:
    Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback everyone! It's very helpful. We have been reading, just been real busy fixing bugs and getting Elite in at a good starting point for your feedback. That said, we should be rolling out the Elite version very soon. In your feedback, please note which difficulty mode you are referring to. Thanks again!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I feel like there should be a warning message for the giant Fire Cauldron room. "DON'T JUMP IN THE FIRE CAULDRON!"

I saw 6 out of 8 people jump in that cauldron when they first entered the room.

We knocked an add into the cauldron, but it didn't die and was just hanging out at the bottom of the pit. So I shielded up and jumped in. Strangely, I survived. If you survive the initial damage ticks, you can just hang out at the bottom of that pit taking no damage. I did get koed when trying to fly back to the top.
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This raid just feels "weird." Most of the time is spent in traversing the hallways fighting small add groups. There are only two boss fights and the "big" attacks are all telegraphed well in advance with the on-screen messaging. The raid fights themselves seem pretty easy even on the Normal version. Just do what the on-screen instructions are saying and the group should be good. That Punisher Hive NPC was probably the biggest surprise on my run. Zeus also has a bad habit of jailing the only-healer in the group.
    • Like x 3
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I felt as though this raid is a good start for something to base Elite off of. Obviously the boss health/defense needs to be turned up a bit as they get nuked easy at 304 CR. My only current suggestions from one quick play through are:

1.) In Elite don't baby us with protective borders on the open areas. Leave it where if you run and go to jump off a area that goes into open space you die.

2.) The tornadoes that Zeus spawns on the last boss fight should hit players for at least 75% of their max health.

I realize this is not a lot of feedback but as I stated, only had time for one run through, and these were two that stuck out in my mind from the raid. Will try and run it again later this weekend and give more feedback. Overall though, I have to say, aesthetically it was VERY nice. Props to the Dev/Devs who created the layouts and rooms.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Shouldn't we be able to break out of Zeus's cages? As I was the only healer in the group, it was simply annoying that I could not break out and had to wait a long time for it to go away, while some team mates dying because I cannot heal them while caged.

I feel like there should be away to free team members from Grail's mind control but haven't figured it out.
    Otherwise the fight was great, wish it was a little more challenging.

Fighting soo many adds will be exhausting at some point, for now It's okay.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

Since I can't edit my other message, here's my recorded run of the raid:

*Sorry for no combat tab, I keep forgetting to switch to it*
    • Like x 1
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Pretty much this.
    The raid (the entire episode actually) makes the best use of old content I've ever seen in the game (or any game really), nothing feels like it's being reused, as there are different adds, hallways and add mechanics from different past episodes (Unlikely raids like Prison Break or Unholy Matrimony that were just copy and paste). BUT... There were no boss or room mechanics at all. You just tank and spank and I'm not talking about difficulty, because raids like Olympus, Labyrinth and Assault and Battery for example were easy but had many mechanics. I'm talking about nothing to worry about in the entire raid besides a telegraphed deflection and a add that appears once. Like Penryn said, the Punisher-style NPC is the only thing in the raid that may be surprising.
    I don't know what you can do at this point to add more mechanics, but this is a really underwhelming raid for a episode that has only 1. I expected at least 3 bosses and a few more room/boss mechanics, at least on par with something like Halls of Hades, Olympus or even Shattered Gotham.

About the cutscenes and the story itself, I feel like this episode suffers from the same problem as B.O.P. You want to tell a lot of things but instead of having Part I and Part II like Metal, you just rush everything. 5 seconds ago I'm about to kick Hera, Zeus and Darkseid's butt, then right now I'm helping Hera defeat Zeus because in literaly less than 5 seconds she finds out everything she did in the episode was worthless, then 5 seconds in the future I'm helping Darkseid because he is suddenly useless, then a few minutes in the future Darkseid gets his butt kicked by Grail without being able to say anything...
    A little off-topic, but I really believe the team should consider doing triologies again to not leave this feeling behind (although not so strict like in the past. There should be content related to another characters instead of doing like Wonderverse I, II and III, 1 after another). It was really exciting to join WW agains't her mother and Circe and then finding out it was all Ares 8 months later, to then kill him in a epic raid and then find out we all got played by him and have it all finish 2 years later. Although War of the Light and Halls of Power (did it ever finish?) didn't have a proper ending because of monthly content.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

So 1st time my group did the raid,the last boss door didn't open so couldn't fight last boss and had to disband.

2nd run the last boss door opened,so i guess there is a chance that the door might get bugged.
  9. DamageControlPS Active Player

So first look feedback, the raid is somewhat disappointing as it Feels instead of giving a natural 3 boss raid you’ve decided to go with 2 and an overkill of adds, which is tedious, looking back at history of all the epic raids no one said wow this raid is amazing of all the adds we have to kill. Anyway moving on from that the raid has great potential in elite if giving the right mechanics the difficulty of the fight has to be just as hard as the story line intends it to be! Please we have one raid and the difficulty must be set right to suit the end level players, I know it might not be the money maker to have a difficult raid but if this raid will keep interest of the people, much more people will be active late into the dlc. Also a request, every great raid has epic feats ones that might not even be attainable with current dlc gear. Those are suggestions of how to approach the elite version so players will stay interested and engaged. All the progress with new elite mods and weapons should be rewarded some serious challenging feats in the raid.

So in conclusion great job on the visuals of the raid and story now it’s time to ramp it up in the Elite version and add feats according to the extra stats and cr we will get from those open world bosses so the grind will be worth the chance to succeed in the Elite raid itself and the hardest feats the raid has to offer.
    • Like x 3
  10. DJ BOSS New Player

I just finish this raid ( As an atomic tank , check the video down below ) , the raid is fun but , i think is a little bit too easy . If would be great if this raid got a elite version , like the previous dlc .

• Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There is an elite version, it isn't up yet.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Amphora of the Gods after you pump up to level 4 and open, it will give you random Consumable(or maby not random , depend on Nectar color ...), it can be soda (heals even if you have debuf), or to which it allows you to be remove from the allies Gral Mind Control...
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Oh I see now. Thanks!
  14. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Started a run 1 heal 1 tank 1 troll 5 dps, average group CR 305.
    The tank crashed at begining for first boss, and yet we finished he entire raid without any tank.

So ok it's only the normal version, but only the event version should be completed without tank at all and with low CR players.
    It is too easy!

Did you kill all the adds ? Because If you missed some, door won't open.
    We had to kill the General in the flames to get the door opened.
    • Like x 1
  15. KobeEl Well-Known Player

But the map is really nice. Amazing graphics.
    Maybe just too many adds to kill and not enought boss fight for a single raid in a DLC.
    • Like x 5
  16. zNot Loyal Player

The Raid itself looks good but the boss fights need to be more challenging even if that means adding more adds on the last and first boss there need to be signifcant adjustments theres no real feeling of accomplishment when finishing a easy raid if we have only 1 raid for 3-4 months please make it a difficult one so people actually dont complete it the first day and run is 10 times a day im pretty sure people will get bored by this dlc very quick if elite is going to be easy like most raids have been lately. Also theres too many adds in non boss fights they should rather be in the bossfights instead i know elite isnt out yet but based on previous dlcs and this easy normal raid the elite will probably be very easy which really makes alot people quit when there is a challenge then people get engaged and have fun trying things out and keeps the game alive mmos usually have difficult endgame
    We have 3 artefact slots please be aware that our statistics are high and the content in Elite has to be challenging the Best raids were Nexus and paradox maybe take some mechanics from there i want the game to be alive and easy raids wont get old players back.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

As others have said it's a very beautiful map. One cool addition could have been to put an optional "gatekeeper" of each iconic area (steppenwolf, Hades, trigon/ sin son, the specter etc) & they provide "source" abilities to give different mechanics to the last boss depending on the combination a group picks. Maybe solve a puzzle to free them & if you don't they be vindictive & allow Zeus to use their iconic abilities lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

It seems like everyone is on the same page when it comes to the raid and honestly I’m surprised, but just to make sure it really hits home I’m going to reiterate. The raid itself is beautiful, probably the best looking raid to date imo. However, when you guys were talking about the amount of “love” that went into the raid, I’m afraid that it all went to aesthetics and not actual gameplay.

For starters you fight adds longer than the actual boss fights. Having to fight a lot of adds isn’t necessarily a problem, but when they’re so spaced out that you can only fight 3 at a time on a map this huge, it becomes tedious. It almost feels like the adds were added to artificially inflate the length of the instance.

Secondly, the bosses have little to no interesting mechanics. And by interesting I mean mechanics we really have to look out for. I know this is a regular version, but honestly it plays like an event. Since this is the ONLY raid this dlc, I was really expecting something grand. Not necessarily difficult, but something unique like HoH. As of right now, it’s literally a tank and spank and there’s no real enjoyment to the raid. This will get stale for players incredibly fast in its current state.

Thirdly, I feel that 2 bosses really isn’t enough considering this is the only raid. When I first heard you guys talking about the raid, and especially after learning it’s the only one this dlc, I figured there’s be at minimum 3 bosses but possibly even more. There’s more than enough space on the map for you guys to place more “sub” bosses instead of adds. I feel that it could be done similar to FoS2; that raid has 7 “bosses” and while you only get the “big” rewards from the main 3, the others are fulfilling and add to the story. I just feel as though there was a missed opportunity as far as the level of depth goes in this raid.

Overall, as I stated the raid itself is beautiful, gameplay it’s very underwhelming though. Too many spread out adds, not enough meaningful boss mechanics, and the bosses themselves pose no real danger damage wise either. I feel this raid needs to be spiced up immensely. One idea I’ve seen thrown around is to make it so that on the last boss we can fall off the platform and into space, simulate to new genesis now last boss. This would add an interesting mechanic and really force players to watch for Zeus’ pushback mechanic.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Raid looks visually beautiful. As everyone has reiterated above. The amount of adds is too much. I would also like to suggest how you can run renown. Instead of giving the renown after each boss, to prevent a spam of an easy part of the elite, make it so that renown is given once the raid is complete and offer other rewards when the bosses are beaten like gear, catalysts, etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

To be fair to TLantern, I do feel that people also need to understand the templet was used when constructing this raid. It wasn't meant to be a raid like the hive deathstroke fight where pretty much everything the boss does can wipe a group, it feels more along the lines of a quest based raid like (as someone mentioned earlier) halls of hades.

With that being said (If its doable within the release date time frame) I think people wouldn't mind it as much if we had puzzle rooms like Lab of souls to free a gatekeeper of a section (like steppenwolf for new genesis) & they aid us at the Zeus fight & he does his axe slam to break people out the cages when we interact or let the group borrow his source charged axe so the players can do it themselves.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.