What happened to SM?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KneelBeforeZodd, Jul 11, 2020.

1. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It's been more than a year. Didn't it attract players? Did the players not spend enough money? Or the devs are too busy?
    It would be a really great content to reward players for the open world bosses farming and elite gear.
    • Like x 3
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

I personally love the challenge and SM overall and last year's rewards were absolutely amazing, however that 4-man instance brought a lot of drama between people and leagues.

Also, I remember a specific moment in which there was drama going on about an exploit on R9, R19 & R29 and most likely that's the reason why they haven't put it back yet. They did mention that SM will be back at some point though, but no release dates for now.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Don't forget everyone only wanted Precision DPSes.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They have to work out some kinks that were pointed out during the last one.
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

nobody wanted trolls that wore troll gear. that really pissed me off. i grinded all elite troll gear to find that out.
    • Like x 1
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I was saving up marks for that hologram material. Oh well
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

Same.
  8. JSnaples Committed Player

Nah. People are too mean to work with as a team on this game.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I was really hoping for a SM at the end of this current DLC as well. They definitely made money off the last one between the tanks and healers respeccing to Ice and water, might DPS’s switching to prec and artifacts (whether maxing out to 160 or leveling new ones like the claw). Yes, there were definitely some kinks and exploits to work out but there has been an entire year to do so. The lunge exploit was already fixed which is why we can no longer lunge spam to avoid the mark of cain mechanic in SGe.

I assume they’re reconsidering the 4-man format as it had the opposite effect that was intended. The intention was to make it easier for more people to find groups to run it with since it’s usually much easier to put an aleet group together than a full raid group. But the skill level bar for tanking the upper rounds ended up being so high that only a small and finite amount of tanks were able to tank it and it being a 4-man meant that was four fewer players able to participate in those limited successful runs. Even within some of the best elite leagues that had a few tanks good enough to do it, if you weren’t one of the three players they chose to run with, you were SOL. And I don’t blame the tanks one bit for getting burnt out after 2-3 full 1-30 runs and only willing to tank for exorbitant fees. It was time consuming and hell on the eyes and hands. If you already had your crown and trophy secured and everything from the vendors you wanted, there was no motivation to run it for free. That’s too much to ask of and expect from even the fri ndliest and most helpful of tanks.

So yeah, my guess is they’re still brainstorming on the best way to avoid that scenario again.