"Allow 60 FPS" featured on latest Test Release - Here to stay??

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by High Troller, Jul 9, 2020.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]

I really hope this feature sticks. PS4 Pro had this Allow 60 FPS lock on since Pro client launch.

Note: Allow 60 FPS only locks if V-Sync is ticked On
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

intresting to see you can lock it to 60fps because right now dcuo runs at 600fps for me an it just over uses my gpu for no reason :)
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect it to, assuming testing does not uncover any further issues.
    • Like x 2
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

I believe the 60 FPS Lock might solve some gamepad issues with movement modes. I noticed troubles controlling my gamepad movement while trying to jump and steer when above 100 FPS. The problem is minimal at 70 FPS.

I noticed Allow 60 FPS was ticked on by default. This alone did not limit FPS to 60 FPS. It was only until I slap V-Sync on when 60 FPS locked. Before that I was at 70 FPS with Allow 60 FPS on. Not sure if this is intended..... or intended to be on by default.
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

A few brought up the Allow 60 FPS setting recently and they really think V-Sync is not required (they admit they don't have an FPS counter displayed though). They later found out the reality of how it works. Think you guys can add a description in the GU notes that V-Sync On is required for Allow 60 FPS to work?

Gamepad movements are a lot better with V-Sync On and Allow 60 FPS on and reduces the amount of weirdness from jumping and turning at the same time (Shattered Gotham for example).