Summer Sale! July 7-13, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillshotX Well-Known Player

I think the price offered is incorrect.

Considering the original price of perfected nth metal is 900
    how is 33% before discount 670? That would be 74%

33% is 603 which would mean the final cost with membership should be: 542.7 after member discount.
  2. AceOfTheSpades New Player

Artifacts xp & seals are OK! However,
    Comparing last years summer sale to this sale, no comparison.
    My opinion:
    I am disappointed!
    I waited for this sale eagerly. I wanted to buy base,base amenities and much more.
  3. Berza Committed Player

Your math is off from the beginning, because the original price of Perfected nth metal is 1000. So with the 33% it would be 667, and adding the member 10% discount you get to 603. That is the actual price right now.
    • Like x 3
  4. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Ah my bad, I guess what I saw was 900 before that on the marketplace, which was already showing the 10% discount then. Thanks for clearing that up.
    • Like x 2
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i agree that the resurgence capsules are a good deal. from here on in i'm going to be bypassing individual tc's and just stockpiling my stabilizers for these when they next come around. given where we're at with the current resurgence capsule it would have made sense to include them in on the sale. the current capsule is old news already. they aren't worthless but the marketplace is over saturated with neon chromas and rare collection pieces that have now become player duplicates. at the tail end of them about to be removed from the game is the best time to put them on sale.

too late for that now but hopefully something they'll consider in the future. at this point i think i need maybe one or two rare collection drops from all those capsules within the capsule. not worth it for me to drop some cash hoping to get them~if they were on sale i'd be tempted to buy a few just for the fun of it.
  6. L T Devoted Player

I definitely try to save up.

The problem is... when a new time capsule comes out, there's so much cool new stuff and I want it now. Like right now. Like gimme gimme gimme....
    • Like x 2
  7. L T Devoted Player

While any sale is appreciated, I was hoping for something a little more comprehensive also.
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

You guys should do this prior to every dlc launch...i know you don’t dictate when sales happen..but this should be thought about..i will buy a crap ton of replays..thanks!
  9. JWellens Level 30

Like others have said...any sale is appreciated. That being said if you're going to drastically limit what can be bought with a discount, it seems odd to price it at 33%. I would think that if you're doing a full Marketplace sale and EVERYTHING was discounted, go with 33%. But if you're going to limit what can be bought to replays, respec tokens, artifact xp and seals of preservation, it should have been at 50%. People aren't going to buy nearly as much because of that and isn't that part of the goal? To get a huge influx of money from the player base during a sale? I was looking forward to a sale to get another base, catalysts, some styles, legends characters, and many other thing that aren't on sale according to this post. I was going to go nuts! But now I won't. I can be more patient and wait for my Loyalty Points. Which doesn't put as much money in your pockets.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So another sale without inventory/bank slots, amenities or bases? I can't remember the last time these were on sale, save any xx% off the whole store sale. While that does count, we've seen these drop very low when singled out before...it would be nice to see that again once a year at least. I'm sure I'll get some replays and seals (SOP at least for sure), but most everything on sale was on sale within the last 8 months at a better rate. Those of us who stock up on the good sales are still stocked up.

But kudos on having a sale at least. It is a summer tradition in whatever form it takes.
    • Like x 1
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Pretty much this. I'm not going to bad-mouth the sale itself as replays and artifact XP are always appreciated by most. That said I see using seals of preservation to progress artifacts as a fool's errand.
    • Like x 1
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

That's often the frustrating thing with the MP is you don't see the base, mem discount and current discount prices at the same time. I've added them to a spread sheet to keep track which, really, I shouldn't have to do.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

This website usually does that when there's a Sale on. I just don't know how quickly they update their info. https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/

I think I can afford to buy another 10k for this year. Sale stuff sounds good for me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

After 120 I couldn’t agree more. However, we have a new DLC on the horizon and I doubt very many people are using seals of completion for DLC head augments, especially not for the first three breakthroughs. So now’s a good time to stock up.
    • Like x 1
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

No completions, detectors, or inv/bank spots? Kind of a "meh" sale tbh. Even armories? Might pick up a couple extra perfecteds I guess, but really not much going here
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The original, price of perfected nth is 1000. Do your math AFTER that number. ;)
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
  18. Jcal Dedicated Player

So the sale is still active (USPS/PC)? I'm looking at the Marketplace and there it is. It's the 14th. I'm tempted to buy some more Artifact XP, but I don't want to run into any issues. Has anyone bought anything today, from the sale, and did you get the sale price? Any problems?
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Just bought some stuff and it's still discounted.
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I still see the discount on replays and seals of preservation so I guess it'll stay till summer seasonal is done tomorrow. That's cool I'll probably pick up a PSN card at the store today and get last minute discounts then
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.