Are goldsites using the broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Jul 4, 2020.

1. L T Devoted Player

In the us servers, I've had individual time capsules sell for obscene amounts of money like that. Amazon, Quardian, and Dark Metal ones seem to sell for over 500k each routinely. No idea who buys them.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm guessing you typed '500k' and meant '500m'....either that or you really missed the point of the post. Yeah, 500k per cap is reasonable...cheap really as Amazon, Quardian or Dark Metal ones are years old now. 500m? If I can regularly sell those for 500m I've got trillions in caps stored up on my storage toon.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could have also been someone moving money between their own characters.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I know some people double dip. They put up an item on the AH, beg someone to buy it and then give it to them, then they have the cash and the item...then wash, rinse, repeat.
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

Yeah I totally misread that.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is why I tell people to put beggars on ignore.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I personally believe that the gold sellers employ multiple FTP accounts to get multiple free runs of Stabilizers.

Then they open tons of Time Capsules for free.

When they get a rare item, they broker it through to their own Legendary account, and then sell it on the broker.

Which gives them tons of money.

Which they sell on their goldseller website for real life money.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One issue with that theory is that to broker/mail something you need to be premium, which means a $5 spend. Not a lot, but if they do have a 'ton' of accounts, it would add up. Assuming that these dummy accounts are also the barkers who shout in chat all day, they run the risk of getting an account banned if reported therefore losing that 5$. Sure it would pay off when you open a Phoenix feather or Void Essence, Neon Chroma or whatever....but opening 73 a year (that's a years worth of stabilizers), or if you waited for megas opening 90 TCs that would come from the 10 you get from that wouldn't guarantee a windfall. There are those who've opened 100s without getting one of the big ticket items. Don't forget, even if the daily farming can be scripted, someone needs to be opening those caps and choosing the prize. You can't always go with whatever is the 'top' item because a Armor or Emblem 'top' piece might trump a collection 2nd level piece although it would have the potential for 1000x the revenue.

Seems like a lot of work to avoid having to just buy gold from some user who is quitting the game or has 100's of billions ill-gotten gains left over from the 'cash fix' we had, then turn around and sell it for 10x the purchase price. Not saying it's impossible, just it sounds easier than it would be in practice even without the $5 spend factored in.
  9. wm2020 New Player

Just a guess but I assume the very richest players have a stockpile of items they could sell on if their cash was hit on a sweep. Which would make something like that redundant, no? It isn't like this problem is DCUO specific.

I remember playing GTA V for 6 months in 2018 and people managed to create rigged deathmatches to make loads of money and triple their kill counts (GTA V unlocks special weapon skins on kill milestones).

Then you get the usual idiots who send messages begging for money and you identify the problem really quickly. Too many people on online games want a quick fix instead of actually playing or just using the existing options to pay to win.
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I do it all the time.
  11. Space Knight New Player

I ran into 3 clones with random names a few days ago, each standing next to a mail terminal in the watchtower. They must have had some sort of auto input going on, because I sent duel invites to all three and they all immediately accepted (while obviously idle). After getting a giggle whoever the user was set them to decline invites - I only got to duel them once each. Later, I saw the same trio by the mail terminals and tried the duel trick again - this time I consistently received a message that they were too far away to duel, even though I was right next to them. Some sort of exploit or hack? It was strange - I would have thought they could have just turned on auto-decline for duel invites but they used some sort of trick to spoof the location of the character I guess. Strange!