Are goldsites using the broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Anyone else find it weird seeing those... suspicious looking characters using the mail/broker at all times?

It's usually characters with the default character creation style, a name that looks like random keyboard typing, having the PC tag, and being around level 4 to 12 (why would someone at these levels be using the broker at all times?). Sometimes they try to make a style to disguise themselves but the other mentioned things give it away.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You just described 1/2 my farming toons...but they don't use the broker much. Bank yes...mail yes...broker seldom.

But other than myself I have not noticed a plethora of these guys hanging out by the broker. I Normally see them sitting guilty in some corner of the WT/Police stations posting their nonsense. No idea where they hang out in open world areas.
    • Like x 5
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Gold sites don't use the broker but players that farm money to sell to the gold sites do use the broker.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yea, I thought they could just be bank toons, but they're actively using the broker, and I almost always see 1 when I use the broker at Magic Wing. And them always being PC doesn't help.
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I think that they have actual people playing the game solely to play the broker and make them money to sell. Not a person you will ever see running a raid, but someone that's only connected to the servers to use the broker.
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I felt exposed, except for the names. I used to use an army of alts to have tons of listings up at once. Now that it's much harder to get money to my main toon, well...yeah.
  7. Dub T Well-Known Player

On the villian side, I see the occasional player “sfghjkdkf” shout something like “$15 usd for 150 mil” or something like that. Add to ignore and go about my day of villiany...uhh, I mean anti-heroing
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are actual players with subs that farm rare drops for cash to sell to the gold sites. These are people that you see in raids. They mail the items they farm to a throw away account and make the money that way.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How do they get paid? Or, contrawise, how do the buyers of "cash" actually receive said cash when in-game money transferring is disabled?

Mind, I have NO interest in ever doing this. I'm just a bit puzzled and abstractly curious as to how it works nowadays.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Face to face trading was reenabled months ago.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You know I have wondered about this a few times. Think about it...…… They advertise that they are willing to buy in game cash off players as well as sell it to whoever wants it. Now most spammers are probably F2P or Premiums (hey only takes one $5 purchase and opens up more thing to them)… But if a few subscribe and then take some of that in game cash they accumulate to the broker...….. Buy up any lower cost items that are popular and turn around and up the price and sell them.. They make more in game cash to sell at their web site.

Hey I have even wondered about the beggars in the Watch Tower that are always asking for some aura or whatever for FREE. Who is to say that same so-called unfortunate player Is not turning right around and taking that item to the broker and selling it? Gold Spammer or not we have no idea what they do IF we hand them that freebie.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Since mailing cash was disabled, strange and grossly overpriced items have been appearing on the broker regularly. Like a single time capsule for 800m. I assume this is customers of gold sellers listing these for the gold seller to buy.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Gold sellers aren't using the broker, they are trading face to face.
  14. myandria Item Storage

Well,

This is why you should not give anything to beggars; you never know what they will do with your "gift", especially beggars who ask for the hard-to-get/expensive auras and/or materials. You could very well be supporting gold sellers/customers and not know it.
  15. myandria Item Storage

Meh, I think players who were taxed because of the "money exploit" are still trying to make their money back. I have seen the broker prices on simple green base items go up from 250,000 to a mil. A mil for a Dynasty Couch? Here we go again with the broker prices getting out of hand.
    • Like x 1
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Listing a time capsule for 800m is a route to losing 40m, not to gaining 800m, unless you have some sort of buyer lined up, surely.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also consider people that were temp banned are coming back to the game either trying to make their money back or thinking the economy is still the same when they left.
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m talking about the EU server here. It didn’t have the glitching the US server had, or the related broker activity. Nobody has been paying even 1m on the EU server for a time capsule at any point, let alone 10s or 100s of millions. Another example is a red aura on right now for 500m. Either the lister is engaged with a gold seller, or they’re smoking crack. It absolutely will not legitimately sell. 500m on EU is probably worth 3 or 4 times what it is on US, judging from examples I’ve seen discussed.
  19. Requake Dedicated Player

Even through the 'taxing', there's plenty of people running around with billions.

I don't understand how this can't be resolved
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say that those are more likely a paying customer who wants to move cash between their toons but do not mind paying the 5% broker 'tax' to do it. I've done this several times since cash mailing was dropped. Trading with someone is always an option, but it won't work for villain/hero cash moves. Or it's just those people who still have so much ill gotten gains from the cash glitch they like flaunting it by literally 'throwing' the listing fee away. I saw a single soder cola (not even extreme) for sale around 700 mil about a week ago.
    • Like x 2