Dire Disable Drawback

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Legoman, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Legoman Active Player

I accidentally disabled the wrong character. Is there a way to disable the right character and undisable the wrong one?
  2. Dub T Well-Known Player

You can restore a character from the selection screen. However, it costs real money to restore a character.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He said disabled a character as in his sub lapsed.
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

As long as you have one character that you did not disable you can correct it. Otherwise you are stuck with your choices until you renew your membership. I have never understood why you are stuck with only 6 characters after your membership lapses and you have purchased extra character slots. In my opinion, those purchased character slots should remain open for you to use, whether or not you choose to renew your membership.
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

It currently works the way you just explained it. If you purchase a new character slot and only had 16 characters slots, you'd get 7 character slots available after your sub lapses.
  6. myandria Item Storage

Well, that has not been my experience. When my subscription has lapsed, I have always been stuck with just 6 slots, even though I have purchased more. I have contacted customer support about this and they could not help. So, I have consigned to just not play the game if my subscription lapses until I renew it.
  7. Dub T Well-Known Player

Ohhhhh, got ya. Good thing you know what’s going on. I am over here giving out wrong info, lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I let my sub slip a while back as did a friend (he stayed off...I re-subbed). I had no extra slots and had to pick 6, he had added a new slot and has 7 out of his on-membership 14 toons or so. To me the big issue is that if you already chose your 6 keepers, then buy an additional slot (my buddy did just this...to make a new toon to use his 255 jump on), the additional slot will go to one of your disabled toons first...meaning you can't make a new character on a new slot unless you re sub or delete your 'disabled' toons. To me, if you have already lapsed, and picked your 6 active toons, adding a new slot should end up with a choice of applying it to a disabled toon OR creating a new toon.

So for the OP, if you add an additional slot, you will be able to pick one of your disabled toons to re-enable. If you delete the one you enabled by mistake, you will also be able to enable one of the disabled ones....you cannot 'switch' them unless you re-sub, then in 30 days are presented the choice of which toons to disable again and this time pick the right one.
    • Like x 1