DCUO Announces Next Episode: Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 18, 2020.

1. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey Devs,

Any chance that we'll be seeing a preview on Twitch TV for Wonderverse soon? It's been a while.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That'll probably happen right before it goes on test.
  3. Daposhon New Player

Out Of All The Black Characters In The DC Universe Why Do We Need A Black Character Added Because Of Wonder Woman Being Mainstream? Like Y’all Could’ve Highlighted Static Shock, Vixen, Cyborg & More. We Have Been Through Wonder Woman , Batman & Superman More Than Once. We Need New Worlds. Nubia Is Just There To Push Wonder Woman’s Story. What About The Other Characters Stories & Worlds That Could Be Made? We Have Recycled Gotham, Metropolis, & Themyscira So Much. What About Black Lightning, Thunder, Lightning And Highlight The Suicide Slums? What About Bloodwyn? What About Empress?
    • Like x 2
  4. llTheDemonEtriganll New Player

5. an81angel Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Controller Devoted Player

While Static doesn't have his own DLC (yet) he DID have his exclusive style and costume added a couple of years ago.

You can also find him wandering around Gotham.

If they DID make a Static DLC I'd love for his EARLIER costume to be added in the game - when he was a part of The Dakotaverse

[IMG]

DI could have some copyright issues with adding this EARLIER costume I'd guess. But this was his first style.

Vixen has her own Alert, Rip in Time I believe. This was a couple of years ago.

Cyborg was featured a LOT in the Titans DLC.

John Stewart is featured at T1 in the game AND in T5 War of the Light.

Black Lightning is a boss you have to take down in the Starro content.

Mr. Terrific's "T-Spheres" were added as a pet item in Metal PT1 I believe.

I'd love RECENT content featuring Mr. T, John, Black Lightning and Static, especially.....but Static and BL's powers overlap....

Too many Lightning Superheroes....

Black Vulcan, Black Lightning, Static...and finally

[IMG]

The ORIGINAL Lightning Lad - probably my FAVE version of him.
  7. Daposhon New Player

Static Is Just Roaming Around Gotham For What? No Story Being Told And Him Sitting In The Titans Tower Was A Mess..
    Vixen In The Alert Isn’t Her Alert. She’s Only There To Tell Rip’s Story.... It’s Called A Rip In Time
    Cyborg Is There To Help With The Titans Story.. It’s Not His Story.
    John Stewart Is There Only Because He’s Apart Of The Lantern Corp & Is There To Help Tell The Lantern Corp Story. He Wasn’t Even In The Major Raids And Alerts That Came. We Have Like 2-3 War Of Light Episodes & He’s Only In The First One.
    Black Lighting Is Only In Starro As An Infected Superhero And He’s Not Telling A Story. He’s Just An Infected Starro Hero
    And Mr. Terrific Isn’t There At All Except His T Spheres.
    All Of Them Were Co-Stars Or Insignificant Characters In Story Thats Wasn’t Theirs. It Seems Like They Were Added As An Afterthought.
    Too Many Electric Powers Is Like Saying Too Many Lantern Powers. Which We Do Need More Powers On The Game.
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Daposhon -

You're preaching to the choir, My Friend.

What I believe you are asking for is CONTENT based around Black / African American Superheroes. Count me onboard.

BUT - What we SHOULD be asking for is for DC COMICS to feature these often-slept on Superheroes and Superheroines MORE...

Are MANY of the ones you and I listed already part of the Justice League / Teen Titans OR Young Justice? Sure.

But does ANY of the ones we listed actually FEATURED in their OWN comic? Own story? If so - how recent?

I think Dimensional Ink tries to follow "CURRENT" DC / Warner Bros Film lines - and for GOOD reason. This helps our player base and I'd guess it is supposed to help the popularity of the FILMS as well.

I think it would be - not IMPOSSIBLE....but a STRETCH - to ask DI to feature CONTENT based on these worthy heroes and heroines that we mentioned. I'd guess that as long as the CONTENT was well-made and the STORYLINE good it COULD happen...

But would DC sign off on it?

And LASTLY -

Before Dimensional Ink featured ANY of those heroes you and I mentioned above I'd humbly ASK that both DI and DC / Warner Brothers feature THE MOST SLEPT ON Being of all -

[IMG]

Augustus Freeman IV - ICON - The "Superman of the South"

Forget the OTHER ones you and I mentioned - do ICON (and his close friend Rocket) FIRST.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Wallflower Level 30

Why do you capitalize every word in a sentence? Your poor shift key.
  10. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

First let me say that I understand the exhaustive work of the game designers, and I have nothing against the views, the way of working or the opinion of any of them, I just have my opinion and I will show it.
    I said in this forum that some reformulations were not good, they almost hit me for that, I also came here to say that Black Canary had a not very pleasant face, with very strong features, not very similar to Dinah's smooth and beautiful features, I think they wanted to beat me up again.
    Well, here I am AGAIN, so that the defenders of these reformulations throw their stones: THE WONDER WOMAN IS UGLY!
    That's it, I don't want to sound aggressive, I'm not disparaging anyone, but many people share this opinion, the way she looks more masculine than feminine was ugly, Diana IS NOT THAT, neither in comics, nor in films or TV series.
    Maybe in the Injustice game, where she is not really pretty in any way, but in 99% of the media Diana Prince is beautiful she is WONDER, and in DCUO no, she is masculinized and ugly, this is my opinion about how the makeover was, I think not affect nothing but I needed to talk about it.
    Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  11. Controller Devoted Player

I"M sorry not seeing the "Wonder Woman (Nubia) is ugly" thing....

Just not seeing it.

She has distinct features, yes - as she should. But she looks feminine (and distinct) enough to me.

Can't say they just used a Wonder Woman toon and colored her.

IMO Nubia (as are the OTHER Wonder Women here) are well done.

Looking forward to the DLC.
    • Like x 1
  12. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

His note is referring to something I posted weeks ago before this whole Nubia thing - The CURRENT WW in the game is ugly; it has nothing to do with Nubia. (I didn't quite go so far as to say she was ugly, lol, just "not herself"). But since Unbreakable opened it up, yes, the CURRENT IN GAME WW is ugly and masculine looking and should be fixed.
    • Like x 4
  13. Controller Devoted Player

My Bad, then.

Got my wires crossed.
  14. SirOverHaul New Player

I’m happy for having new artifacts but also , when are we going to have more powers , we have years waiting
  15. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Well, at no time did I mention the new WW alternative arts, which are actually very good, Nu'bia is very African, a good development and I think that together with WW Flashpoint they were excellent.
    I was referring to the Wonder Woman of new remake, this current version that uses the clothes of the movie, but the face is ... weird, which is bizarre, not beautiful, feminine, purely WONDER, but strange and very masculine, it is nothing next to Wonder Woman of no concept, in any other media.
    Just like the Canary Negro, which is also strange, but for different reasons.
    I hope I have been clear now
    • Like x 2
  16. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

I am saddened by new artifacts, this paywall will always sadden me, good players are leaving the game because of this pay to win.

But to answer: it is possible that never again, devs do not need to create or develop new powers, only new artifacts to have something to sell.
    New Powers Make No Profit
  17. DKBrown New Player

I want to feel good about this but I'm worried about the lag issues we had previously, and still do. Going open world means this could be worse.
  18. Space Zero Funked New Player

(I'll use your post because of the picture)
    Bombshell WW is good looking, but why not fix the other faces too..Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't need more doppelgangers..
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Bombshell WW is the worst looking out of those imo. She looks like a lifeless doll. Even the skin shader on her model is abysmal compared to the newer models. Yes, the newer models have slightly harsh facial features but at least they look like people.
  20. Wallflower Level 30

You say that the current WW model is like no other concept, which is false, because during a livestream they said she was based on a certain artists (can't remember the name) rendition of her.