Hardlight the only troll power with no aggro drop shield

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jul 2, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Everytime I saw the mental thread I helped support getting mental group shield in line with the rest of the controller supercharges and eventually it happened mentals group SC turned into a 30 second cooldown like the rest of the other powers have

We need to bring some balance to hardlight as well. It is the only control power that does not have a personal shield aggro drop which is important for any controller player when it comes to helping pick up a player who was knocked out.

Quantum - quantum tunnel - shield aggro drop
    Gadgets- distract - shield aggro drop + stealth which can be used as a aggro drop
    Mental - grandeur - shield aggro drop + invisibility which can be used as a aggro drop
    Munitions - I cant remember what the shield is called but it does have aggro drop ability
    light - ONE shield light barrier but it does not drop any aggro nor are there any other moves capable of detaunting

Hard light could use a personal aggro shield drop
    • Like x 2
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

There is no consistency in those shields not even within one role, for example the HL shield regenerates SC but mentals/quantums does not .
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

We accept differences in power set utility within all the other roles as part of the variety the game has to offer. For some reason, because the controller role is functionally 90% the same across all power sets, people press for even closer alignment, rather than greater diversity.

For example, I am a munitions controller and we can use our 8-man shield in DPS role, which is something not all controller power sets can do.
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Uh?(scratching head)

Each role has a role that plays different than the others.

Why do people consistently keep only focusing on the controllers as if it is any different.

I mean tanks all play a like using basically the same moves, healers perform the same as far as functionality of their roles, DPS are pretty much horrible, I mean pretty much the same powers depending on the power used.

Why continue to act as if all troll powers are the same?

Quantum is way more different than mental, which is way more different than HL and so on and so on.

HL trolls are like celestial, built to attack, I understand why some would feel like they should not be played a certain way, but I would actually say that maybe the power is not for them or to maybe choose a different power, I don't know.

I certainly don't want to tell them they should play a certain way, but to me it sure does sound like I have to accept being told to play the role their way and I bet not say anything to go against it.

A little back story for me goes, I seen quantum when it first was on test as a controller power that actually had CC effects when I started out as mental.

While mental does have some controlling abilities, the power given was better for mental, but locking down adds was far superior for quantum and still is.

Unlike tank powers the role of controlling is not to take damage but to control damage, though it may be seen as a small matter, we still can have an effect.
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

It’s always good for power sets to work differently but this subject is really no different from when mental was the only control power to have a 60 second cool down while the rest of the controller powers had 30 second cool downs

Every other troll power has a Aggro drop ability it’s not like Aggro drop is unique to only one control power it’s something every control power can do except hardlight and it’s a pretty important part of being a control

There is no iconic ability that can even be used as an alternative.