ok i think im done with dcuo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HL4LYFE, Jul 2, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It unfortunately is entirely possible. Although it's crazy to make that many attempts back to back. When I hit 12 fails in a row I immediately stopped, switched to another toon and ran a raid, came back and made the breakthrough on the next try (to get to rank 120). Also on the list of "unbelievable", the one time I failed twice on a 95% breakthrough chance...and didn't bother putting in a seal of preservation thinking "who fails at 95%".
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He already uninstalled the game....so....:D
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Incorrectamundo....Jack Emmert brought that over here and he's implemented it in lots of games (long before BDO). I saw it first hand in Neverwinter back in 2016 (yes, he had a hand in that too).
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Even if that article is real, again why blame the devs? The devs aren’t sitting there forcing fails into random players. If it can be manipulated than doesn’t that mean it’s more on the players fault? But no, people just want to sit there and blame others for thing they themselves do. Than when someone points out the flawed thinking of blaming others like the devs you get called out for doing so.
  5. Dub T Well-Known Player

I am just sad it was made harder to keep alt characters. My poor healer has been collecting dust, due to the artifact changes and this adulting crap.
    • Like x 1
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

That article is real. Anything that goes on from when Dimensional Ink took over is on them. They have the power to change the way artifacts are run.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The article is real. The conspiracy theory is just a theory.
    • Like x 7
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Level 80 is definitely off. I've never missed 20 straight breakthroughs, but I've hit 6-10 a few times. Imo breakthroughs should be taken completely out if artifacts. Getting the experience and a augments(w/e they're called) should be enough
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's funny. StealthBlue alreay pointed out on page one how impossible twenty-three consecutive breakthrough-fails are in the lower ranks of the Artifact system.

Now, if we take into consideration
    - how many people play the game
    - how many threads we had with users claiming to have vailed a single breakthrough up to rank120 more than ten times in a row
    - minus the ones who back-pedal significantly after someone points out how extreme low the chances of these things happening are
    then it is still amazing how this happened "again" and even twenty-three times on rank 80 while op holds on to the claim that this is true.

tl;dr: The whole community here is like the boy who cried wolf. Too many people already claimed some way too outlandish things just to fortify their arguments. Even if someone would come here who actually had expected something really outlandish (20 fails on rank 40) noone would really believe them. Except from, you know, the ones who need to believe them because it helps their own world view ^^
    • Like x 2
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

The idea isnt from BDO. jack Emmert brought this idea, concept, and integration from his time in Neverwinter while he worked at Cryptic.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again, who is forcing the player to spend money? Last time I checked no one forced me to spend any money on this game. I didn’t have anyone force me to buy nth metal. I haven’t had anyone force me to buy seals.

Currently there isn’t any content than requires artifacts to be a certain level to play. There is no artifact section on raids like there is cr. Do they make raids easier? Yes. Are they mandatory? No. People here have claimed to have been kicked in previous threads for not have max artifacts. I have never had that happen to me ever. I have also never witnessed it. Yes I’ve seen groups require them in lfg but I never respond to those messages because I know those groups are just looking to be carried. I’ve ran plenty of elite runs with groups who didn’t have max artifacts. Some didn’t even have full 160. On my alts I barely have 3 lvl 80 artifacts. I beat content just fine because I follow mechanics instead of chasing the scoreboard (not saying you do so don’t get that mistakes).

So again, how is it a pay to win or cash grab when the devs aren’t event forcing them as a requirement?
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Bruh comeon. Yes he CAN blame the game because its DESIGNED to be grindy to squeeze money out of players. The artifact system is a Mobile game tactic employeed in a mmo
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

They assigned it a success chance and a failure chance at higher levels, so yes they can be blamed for that... TC drop rates? They have direct control over it. Alill too many dropping as they have the analytics to know? Tweak the drop rate to be lower from the back end and boom, Manipulating drop rates
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I gave up on my alts,i just have a couple of 304 alts i use to run the solo bop mission for canary cries that i give to my main other than that i don't bother with them anymore,the game is just too grindy and cash graby to maintain alts so my main is all i really run anymore. It also burns you out running the same few things over and over on multiple alts so i'm enjoying the game much more as well.
    • Like x 4
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Ok, I can completely understand this argument. Having high level alts aren’t even realistic anymore, unlike in the past where you could make an alt and have him be end game viable relatively easily, but now with artifacts implemented that’s definitely not the case. In the past, you only worried about skill points for alts, now you have an additional task to consider
    • Like x 1
  16. Lugo Well-Known Player

Sorry to hear this, OP. I myself can't get into the game like I used to because of the direction it went.

But could the game really be fairer to its players, their characters and alts? Could the game be less money-hungry and just focus on being a good, fun, exciting game? Could the devs care about more than juicing their players of as much money as they can while they wait to bring out another Gotham/Metropolis DLC?

Sure!

But the players who do see these practices as harmful, like me, don't have the numbers to do anything about it. So I wouldn't expect to change anything by just quitting lol.
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

What I am asking myself reading most of these comments is...

Why do we say that the Dev's need to get permission for everything else but this 1 issue...

Could it be that this is something coming down the pipeline, after all if I am thinking correctly, this is probably DB and DL best titled game.

Pretty sure it's holding it's own generating funds.

Seems to me that people get selective when associating things like this, though it could be a case of we can increase our profits by doing this scenario, it still has to be approved by someone.

My thoughts could be wrong, but I venture to say not many would openly disagree with the boss on such matter, at least not to where the boss hears it.
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

I came in here just looking for this comment, kinda, the comment you were gonna make :p
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again, WHO is forcing you to pay money to buy nth metals or seals? I’ve never had a dev come to me telling me to buy something. I’ve never been kicked for having low artifacts. While I know people sometimes asks for max artifacts in lfg, I also know these people want to be carried so I would never join them.

No one is forcing me to spend money. If you have to spend money and than turn around and blame the devs because you spent money than that’s on you. You don’t have to have the new Shinny toy the day it’s released. You know how much nth is needed. You know the percentage chance of breakthroughs. So if you know something and choose to spend money to go around that than blame yourself and not others
    • Like x 1
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I don't have alts. Instead, I have three mains.

Riariaria.