Devs! Don't you think its about time you

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 42god, Jul 2, 2020.

1. 42god New Player

announce the summer sale? Last year it started July 3rd. I realize DC is an international game but as a company you are located in the USA, so perhaps timing it to July 4th might be wise. Especially with all we have going on in the country, people wanting change and a chance to right past wrongs. Maybe a sale on respecs (Change), replay badges (Do overs), source marks (Help low level players come up) etc... Just a thought.
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

devs, please end racism with replay badges
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

#1 Nobody is going to tell you the day of their sales, or you wont buy anything until the sale....

#2 No, you dont try and profiteer from something like this, the last group to do that got crucified for it. Its a verrryyyyyy charged subject and making light of it outside of (some) comedians will catch you some heat
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. 42god New Player

They always announce sales the day before, last year was on July 3rd. Today is the 2nd, which is why I said it is probably time to announce it. Unless they aren't doing one or are doing it later. And I wasn't making light of it. I was suggesting symbolic action. Symbols matter, they influence and motivate people. Good corporate moral leadership is vital in a capitalistic society. When you have 1 small stand here and another there and another over here... Well a lot of little acts add up to big change. I assure you my comments were designed to be thought provoking. Hypersensitivity only leads to the eventual collapse of a movement because eventually they alienate too many people. Relax a little bit, but stay motivated.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

DCUO is making a smart move by keeping their mouth shut because people are swinging the "Offended cancel culture" bat with recklessness abandonment right now. If they are coming for Chase the Dog, i dont wanna put any spotlight on the GCPD Batman

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. 42god New Player

I think Time already made a play for all superheroes, but honestly I only skimmed that story. I did like the joke though. My youngest is a Paw Patrol fan so I hear ya. As for the TCs well... kinda hard to defend. Its essentially gambling but other games do it too, not that it makes it right given many players are under 18. However capitalism is about self generated profit and isn't necessarily mutually exclusive to having morals. It oftentimes is conducted in immoral ways, but it doesn't have to be. As for symbols and meaning. No symbol has any meaning until meaning is assigned to it. I didn't suggest a 20% off blanket sale. I suggested specific items and what they could assign to them as the meaning behind that particular item being on sale. This is where the thought provoking was supposed to come in. It gives them an opportuninty to NOT be silent. While that is the best way not to offend it is not the best way to combat injustice. "The only thing required for the triumph of evil, is for good people to do nothing." -JFK (Quoting Burke I think)
  8. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think all of 2020's problems could be eliminated with a new time capsule. Once that is released I probably won't be flipping back and forth between CNN and Fox News for a few days as I get those capsules to drop.
    • Like x 1
  9. 42god New Player