Next Mega Capsule Release Idea- Power Skins

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DiscoSoup, Jun 29, 2020.

1. DiscoSoup Active Player

Okay, so I really love the Resurgence Mega Capsules. My favorite so far has been the power-based chromas. I also really love my new Pearl Neon.

Anyway, I think you would do really well make "power skins" an option. The idea is this. Each capsule comes with an option fo one specific power. Let's say Rage. Rage might have two different new "skins." The first new skin could change your powers from red blood to green toxic waste, while another one might make them look like black tar.

A more obvious application would be the different colored lantern corps for Light. You wouldn't have to do new construct animations, just change the colors of the rings and powers.

Fire might have a "nova" option where the fire is blue instead of orange.

Earth powers might get new textures, such as granite or mud.

The idea is that you can freely change your power theme on the style tab. You'd need to be using that specific power to use the skin, but you could get skins for powers that you don't already have.
    • Like x 3
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

not sure it's possible but not a bad idea.

Regards,
    Hash
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Skins are ok, but I would also like to have power set related back up uplink, sidekicks, orbitals, supply drops, etc as well
    • Like x 1
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

Yesssss I've been wanting this for so long!
    Imagine a gadgets EMP but black and white instead of the blue and white.
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

ALSO, Please please please lets get some powerset movement styles!
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Power-themed skins I could see happening. We've got a Water skin and a couple others that could fit with existing powers, so something like Fire or Nuclear skins don't seem outside the realm of possibility.

But reskinning powers? Doesn't seem too likely. They've never budged on recoloring powers in all these years, so I can't see them allowing Rage to look like toxic waste or tar.
    • Like x 2
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

Personally, I've been wanting a way to modify the color schemes within our powersets for the longest. If they're to ever do that, it should rather be set as a marketplace cosmetic instead of coming out of of those resurgence capsules. Because in all honesty, those capsules need to come to an end -_-
    • Like x 1
  8. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

i would personally prefer all the loot boxes to go, theres a marketplace, screw rng
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This has been asked for in a variety of ways...but the answer has been no. And nothing people have suggested has had any impact on this type of request.

Also, you fooled me with the title of this thread. I honestly thought you were talking about Power Skins like how we have human, mummy, glowing, cosmic etc. I really wanted to support what I erroneously thought you were talking about like Scorching Skin, or Electric Skin (with sparks crawling up and down or skin). Too bad this wasn't that. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Interesting. But I personally want a Green option for fire or should I say
    FIRE
    [IMG]FIRE by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    [IMG]GREENFURY FIREFLAME by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately that's also a prime example of why DC would probably step in and say, "Nope" even if the devs relented on power recoloring/reskinning. Their protective nature isn't just reserved for the big three or the major Justice League characters, after all.