Balance for dps

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Terremor, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

Before I can answer I have to ask so we're on the same page, are you asking if the entire 10sec parse was 40k or are you saying youre getting way more than 40k for each individual ability activated a single time in every powerset?
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

Single target, base value (no crits)
  3. I3eleth Well-Known Player

They usually look for 160+ most only go to 160 cause the next bonuses are nice but not great for the work you have to do with a couple exceptions having needed bonuses at 200.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I use 30 sec parsers because they are more accurate. And the dps on 3 targets is far higher than 40k dps. My current my set up doesn’t have maxed out artifacts or adaptive augments since I’m primarily a prec dps. But as might I am getting higher while missing a good amount of might. All of my videos are recorded at cr300 to keep all the videos even (as close to even as I can) so that I can compare the different numbers across powers. On none of the powers I’ve tested did I get anything close to 40k dps
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I rarely ever see anyone in LFG asking g for max artifacts. Every know and then I see a few asking for artifact level but for the majority of the people I only ever see regular shouts like “LF tank for x send cr and sp”. And I’ve NEVER seen anyone get kicked from a group for having low artifacts. I’ve seen people getting kicked for not doing mechanics. Sometimes those people don’t have high artifacts. Usually they have high artifacts.
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

This is what I been saying it won’t truly be fixed until they make an adjustment on the jump cancel aspect of the flurry shot WM combo. Let the animation play out and readjust the damage to where they feel it should be.

Players argument toward that statement was they like the fast pace clipping and jump canceling. I disagree with anybody that says that because you can jump cancel or do fast pace clipping with powers like gadgets might and hardlight might yet players still only use precision flurry shot WM to get through every elite content that drops I’m not saying everyone does but The majority Of the “serious” players do . and that’s because they gravitate to the closest thing that is a overachiever. Just like everyone was using that dual pistol combo in elite on test server during the weapon balance phase I forgot what the combo was but it was a super easy WM combo that involved the dual pistols and it was doing absurd damage until the devs nerfed it before it hit live.

Fix jump canceling with flurry shot WM combo
    Fix the damage from two handed
    Fix nature might

Those are 3 things that need to be adjusted in this game that are clearly better than anything else in the game when it comes to putting out damage. I think after these 3 things are fixed you’d find the game in a more tolerable state.

And no that doesn’t mean everything else is fine on either the might or precision side. but these 3 are the most GLARING issues right now when it comes to over achieving damage
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Instead of asking g to nerf flurry shot why not ask to buff might ST? Atm there are only a few combos usable for precision dps. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it should be taken out of the game. And btw prec is not as unbeatable as people keep crying about. There are plenty of powers that can out dps flurry shot on ST. If they nerf flurry shot that they should nerf those powers too.
    • Like x 2
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

Certain powers need to be buffed just like weapons need another rework. But Even if they buffed might ST that won’t change anything. jump canceling with flurry Is more than a dps check advantage. There is zero risk factor in playing the way players play which is another reason they use it. You literally can jump cancel around the room while still doing your damage at a high level and stop on a dime to cancel out and block whenever you please and never have to worry about getting trapped in animation That could potentially lead to a K/O. What other weapon or power lets you play content like that? It’s mindless cheese which is why almost every elite player plays this particular playstyle.

So there’s a damage point advantage Triggered from jump Cancel
    A mobility advantage Triggered from jump cancel
    And the combo is a simple tap hold to execute With immediate burst damage

Somethings gotta give.

I personally don’t see how that is fair Compared to how other powers have to play. The only power that can rival that kind of mobility is gadgets and that’s even only because it has a basically zero cool down clippable pet that can clip through animations While being on the move
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

First, they removed the “zero cooldown pet” already. But saying that flurry shot is mindless is just opinion. I’ve seen so many dps struggle to use flurry shot at all just because they can’t jump cancel correctly. Same thing can be said about might dps being mindless since you hit a bottom and the ability happens. In ST the best abilities are the ST meaning you press a bottom and let the animation finish. I’d personally call that mind numbing simple.

And people use flurry shot because it is the best damaging weapon for ST. You even said it yourself. When dual pistols were broken on test people where using that and not flurry shot. People didn’t care about the mobility, just the damage. If they buffed another weapon to be stronger than flurry shot people wouldn’t stick to flurry shot for the mobility. They would just flock to the next flavor of the month. Wanting a weapon nerfed just because it’s better than some might abilities and weapons just means that other stuff needs to be buffed.

Right now flurry shot should be the bench mark of what is considered ideal ST damage. There are powers that can match prec ST and they just need to buff other abilities to match what prec can do. If anything they should nerf doom spin slightly and take melee abilities back to the damage potential of smokebomb instead. Leave flurry how it is. Buff ranged weapon damage. Buff might ST.

I just dint understand why everyone’s first thought of train is always “that does more damage than something I do so that needs to be nerfed to the ground”
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

One of the easiest ways to help Might out is to change Fiery Weapon back to what it used to be. A 5% Might buff.
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Y’all simply don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to flurry, if they nerf flurry in any manner it will become almost unplayable because the damage from it isn’t even better than most might St rotations, the standard flurry build is probably on par with quantum ST, which is 40k to 47k parse at, nerfing flurry in any way would make it one of the worst st options since most St powers can parse close to that easily. The powers that can’t keep up with flurry are the powers with bad ST dmg already. As I’ve said before, there are only a few powers making flurry look extremely, but even with that in my mind, the best Might powers can still keep up with those builds.

The only thing that really needs to be adjusted is doomspin, but with the way the combo works, they’ll have to be very lenient with the dmg adjustments. I mean, I can already compete with doomspin easily, I’ve even beat doomspin users multiple times, which says a lot considering that Im on par with the best melee dmg in the game. So they’ll have to tread very lightly when touching doom spin
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

These cries for nerfs are not good at all, and it won’t benefit the game, it never has. All it does is drive players away from the game, and I’ve seen it happen multiple times now, except now, our population isn’t large enough to handle another haul of players leaving, but continuing the tradition of nerfing will inevitably make that happen.
    • Like x 1
  13. L T Devoted Player

WM Fluffy shot is strong because you can stay mobile and can cancel the animation and block in an instant. Given that, it's probably a little too strong.

When I tested Doomspin I said the damage was fine because I assumed adds and bosses would block relatively frequently, preventing crazy damage. Things never seem to block in the last couple of DLCs, hence Doomspin is OP.
  14. Roocck Committed Player

Fact: We all see daily how flury shot and Doom spin needs to be adjusted, or could it possibly be Precision arts that needs the adjustments?
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

People talk about balance and doomspin and flurry sgit is brought up as if all other powers are balanced. It comes down to people favoring playstyles instead if wanting balance.
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Another thing biased players aren't bringing up is it's only a few powers that make doomspin and flurry shot seem strong. Rage, elec, gad. The powers need balancing. Rage and elec sc and gadgets turret clipping.
    Nothing is stronger than nature might right now. Even earth might AOE is really strong.
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The only viable precision specific art we honestly have is venom, and it’s not even better than grim for prec, so it’s not an art problem lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You can’t adjust those powers because it would ruin the might builds, people just have to accept that some rotations will be stronger than others during certain scenarios. And keep in mind, that we have people complaining about one instance of dmg, which is ST
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The Strategist is scaled differently from might and from precision. With precision, the Strategist shows much better results (more damage from the DOT is obtained, damage of the DOT is much higher). And since the combo trans + strat is the main combo of artifacts for AOE, the increased damage at the precision in comparison to might is noticeable.
    • Like x 1
  20. generalzod Committed Player

Well they buff the Strat card might by 10% on test but i dont think this will balance things i really think it should of been even more.obsidianchill did a vid showing almost double the buff for prec so how is 10% going to help?