So what do you get banned by when it comes to 3rd software?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mo Kenway, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

I am considering to use an Unofficial version of reshade that removes the feature of depth buffer prevention, This is not affecting the gameplay, but instead allows the Reshade itself to detect the depth of the game, the meshes and stuff being able to apply ray tracing, mxao etc 3D effects into the screen

Would this be a bannable offense? or is this considered as fine, Im not sure how this works wether if someone gets banned for being detected or reported?

NOTE!

The reason they have depth buffer flickering is to prevent exploits in online, although its highly unlikely with the chance of 0% that it you can possibly cheat with post processing depth effects as it does not really allow you to do much other than detecting the depth / meshes in the screen
  2. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

although I am awaiting mepps answer from this
  3. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

You gave him 20 minutes to reply before posting...Waiting post lol. Let the man get to work first...he lives in Texas
    • Like x 1
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Just send him a PM
    • Like x 1
  5. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

how do I do that?
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Go to the search bar (Upper right side) Type in MEPPS
    you can click that and send PM
    • Like x 1
  7. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Thanks, ill send him a PM
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

I know he's OKed Reshade in the past, but I'm not sure about this version you've found that's apparently fallen off the back of a truck...LOL
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Reshade is not a problem as we understand it. (If somehow it could eventually be used for nefarious purposes, it could become a problem later on.)
    • Like x 4
  10. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

So would it be fine to use a 3rd software with depth buffer enabled? it would allow effects such as Ambient Occlusion, Screen Space Reflection and Raytracing Etc-
  11. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Well I asked someone on Discord why the MXAO was flickering, he implied that is due to Reshade detecting online, so at is does that it has a feature preventing people from using depth buffer as an exploit, but visually it would be rather impossible to cheat, due to not affecting gameplay and only the screen aka visuals

DCUO's pvp and pve with their client screen it does not play a big factor into the competitive or PVP/PVE side of DCUO, they only have this feature on reshade casually due to

1. Games like CSGO, Insurgency and Cod it make sense that depth buffer used to detect meshes can be used as an advantage to look through the wall, or entirely make every single mesh black or white, while the players/enemies turn out to be a different color, In night fall scenarios or foggy ones

2. PUBG Banned Reshade because it was being used as an Visual advantage, allowing people to see other players from far distances better, which counted as a cheat.

Thats why they have this feature, most likely only meant for first person shooter games along third person shooters, but overall there isn't much a depth buffer can do to DCUO, as I mentioned it only detects the meshes that you can put graphical effects on
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

If you go through with this, could you post some before/after shots/videos?
    • Like x 1
  13. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Ive been workin on a reshade already, it looks good, but would look even better with those depth effects I tell you

there is a huge difference, I call it the remaster reshade