what legends taught me

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dcuotoo, Jun 11, 2020.

1. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

1) there needs to be a LOT more iconic attacks and defenses...all those stunning visuals...never seen let alone used by players
    2) cheetah has incredible powers...we NEED cat people...just like we NEEDED water powers and Atlanteans
    • Like x 2
  2. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I learned Black Adam and Zod have the same actor due to playing with people spamming them. Cat powers are cool but I saw good players bottom out the scorecard big time using her, so if they ever came out with cat powers, they need a buff.
  3. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

only talking visuals ...didn't even care where I was score wise...a lot of legends guys seem like a bunch of glued and stitched together random powers...cheetah is the legend that most played like a character you would make and play given the chance
  4. Kira_kun Active Player

Playing as Legends characters just feels like a re-skin of the created character.

Surely the iconic heroes and villains has to have some unique skill or power unique to them, that isn't obtainable or usable by a created character.

The Kryptonians can't have just 1 style of using Freezing Breath or Heat Vision.

Lantern Corps' constructs can't all be the same. Does it mean the Laterns have no imagination?

At least earthling heroes and villains get to throw various gadgets with differing effects and animations.
  5. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

That even at getting 10X credit, LPVE feats are not worth the time investment needed (at least not in a 1 week period).

I did some quick math - 15 min per run X 100 (1000/10) X 6 (that's my guess of how many different non-overlapping categories, didn't care enough to actually count) = 150 hrs. 6 days straight. For like 5 skill points. Er, no. If it was permanent, and I could work on it slowly, sure, but in one week? No.
    • Like x 2
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Agreed. This needs to first of all be a 20x or everyone in the group counts towards your counts as well then it also needs to be permanent or one of the most common events

While i disagree that it takes 15mins per run(i average 10:30 with all pug groups) when you factor in time to q and bathroom breaks and such it does prob work out to 15. The reason i bring this up is just in case someone disagrees with your time ;p
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Legends has taught me that I could fall asleep while playing and still be hitting rotations simultaneously.
    • Like x 1
  8. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Legends has taught paradox is way too long and if you have one scrub on the team it aint getting done
    • Like x 2
  9. Brit Loyal Player

I learned that apparently MY heat vision is more powerful than Superman or Zod, because theirs is still colored red.
    • Like x 4
  10. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

it just makes me miss the old days pre gu36, power combos like the lantern baseball bat are still precision, jump canceling is closer to what it use to be, artifacts dont determine how you do, however i have switched to Guy Gardner Harley and Steel spam for now, bc Doom Spin to win is still good in LPvE lol, an this helps me with a godd portion of the counter feats
    • Like x 1
  11. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

at least with 1 character you are working on multiple feats at the same time Ex. Steel, hes a Legend, Hes a Male, Hes Superman inspired, and hes a hero, even if you dont want to do it bc its not permanant, you should get as much as you can, simply bc if it ever does come permanat you already have it done, plus if you play alts, just use replays to buy these feats, i agree its completly not worth the time investment but getting it done and overwith is still something im not passing up, for me it at least give me more to do than the same alert an solo every day even if these things are ridiculously boring

edit: do trigon prison as well, my average is like 11 - 12 mins depending how good the group is
    • Like x 1
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The answer is right but method is off. The non overlapping is at the moment 75 x7 (arcane, archer, knight, light, speed, steel, and truth) which is 525 runs at 15 minutes each would be 7,875 minutes. There are 1440 minutes in a 24 hour day so it would take you about 5.46875 so 5 and a half days of non stop 24 hour play to get from zero to done. I know a lot of people don't have all at zero but the fact of the matter is legends just isn't that popular because the legends are so weak an 8 minute run takes twice as long.
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Legends has learned me that I won't be doing Legends pve in a Long time after this..
    • Like x 5
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only reason I don’t think 10x should be permanent is because after a month the legends will be done by the majority of players and that’s it. I like the fact that this is only for a week. I actually hope they do this kind of event more often with other older feats. For players who are new maybe have a 10x counter for reapers? Or 10x for gathering/salvaging/creating? What about 10x for dlc counters for open world bosses?

This even is amazing because it shows the devs are putting more thought into what the players actually need
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Cheeta & Catwoman were nerfed a little while ago. Their range hold abilities were unparalleled before, which of course brought out the "nerf this" brigade. Now those two toons are attrocious.
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

I was nearly at zero. Always hated LPvE but decided that since the bonus was activated, I'd give it another go in case I had just been too harsh from years ago. Nope. Still absolutely awful. I've honed MY weapon attacks, powers, and rotation out to maximize damage. I have the muscle memory. I'm not going to bother learning 25 new weapon/power combos (which I can't even move around on my bar) so any map I play gets the wonderful "left tap while hitting all of the power buttons while I scream into the abyss" amount of participation from me.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dub T Well-Known Player

I learned even with x10 runs, Legends PvE is still a forever grind...ugh!
  18. Caroline Dedicated Player

LPvE has taught me to be patient and play with every Legends' character and do great damage with it. But what the spam of LPvE has thought me mostly is the existence of the doom spin and that I can do great damage with it outside of the PvP Legends. :D
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Legends week has taught me what I already knew: lpve is terrible and I hate it, possibly more than races, and even more than pvp which I reallllllyyyy hate. Since I've done 2 legends matches in 9yrs, I'm just doing this to get combo feats and get out of it and never playing again. It's just so terrible lol. Like why does it exist? Are there people out there that enjoy this??
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm pretty pleased with how things have played out but i'm also lucky in that i also had all the instance and team up feats done years ago. By the time this is over all of this will have been good for about two skill points for me.

I can work with that.

The grind is a bit masochistic...but its also been a nice break from end game play.

get what you can get. its over in a few days.