DCUO for PS5? That is the question.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 11, 2020.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

With the PS5 news all coming out and some interesting games coming out later in the year, will DCUO be coming to PS5?
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The PS5 is backwards compatible.
    • Like x 2
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

PS5 just like the PS4 are basically PC’s with hardware upgrades.

Also I would like to stir things up by saying PS4 is holding the game back.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Not gonna happen because the switch. Which to me was one of the dumbest things they coulda done. Just look at the situation. They wouldn't have added to the nintendo if they were planning for n upgrade. They're squeezing wut they can then it's gonna end, simple common sense.
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Ignoring your ignorance on the Switch approval process,
    the first two answers made it very clear that DCUO on PS5 is simply a matter of compatibility.

Now I am given to wonder where your common sense went.
    • Like x 4
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I don't see why it wouldn't be on the PS5. It is more than capable of running it smoothly, I think.

I think I read somewhere that it was also backwards compatible.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As stated here and on official playstation sources. the PS5 is supposed to be backward compatible with a majority of games. Like with most new system launches, there will be a dearth of games to play, so they will definitely need a library of favorites and free-to-play games to get early adopters on board until the 1st quarter releases come out.

What some people are asking is if there will be some kind of "major" upgrade to the game in order to "better compete" with next gen games....and the answer to that has been no. We're only going to get the QoL improvements we continue to get along with updated NPCs and continued greater textures on our styles. No upgrades to Unreal 5, no graphical overhauls, no revamps, nothing upcoming with PvP. Anyone disappointed by that has only themselves to blame since the Devs have not once made any such promises or suggestions.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I can see it staying the same sorta like when the ps4 came out people still were playing on the ps3 but the ps3 held it back which they eventually got rid of.

Now where going to be at ps5 and the game would be great with an upgrade but that can't happen because of the switch. Having it on the ps5 with it being the same is stupid when it could thrive and look amazing. I have a switch n I have no urge to play DC on it. Backwards compatibility doesn't solve the issue of the switch holding it back.. Playing it on the ps4 with the ps5 out or even playing on the ps5 but no upgrades because of the switch is dumb. That's wut I'm getting at.
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Dude. The Hardware of the switch has NOTHING to do with DCUO staying the way it is.

"I have a switch and I have no urge to play DC on it."-Irrelevant. Stick to the facts, not your own opinions chief.
    Your trying to make comparisons of the Switch to the PS3 and that's not even an accurate comparison.

The PS3 was hardware from 2006 trying to keep up with a game that was wanting more from it, of course it was holding the game back.

The Switch can run a lot of heavy demanding games that exist on other platforms with the main thing being downgraded at most is the visuals. So there can still be an upgrade from what we'd have now, but the switch isn't holding the game back.

As a matter of fact: The Switch isn't even connected to the cross platform servers that we are on that's PS4 and PC only; so what on earth are you going on about the "switch being the cause for a lack of an upgrade?"

Just stop while your ahead of yourself, none of the claims you are making have any evidence to suggest they're even remotely correct.

The Reason DCUO stays the same as it has been for the past few years is because it's on unreal 3, meaning they would have to rewrite and convert it over to the upcoming unreal engine 5. People like Mepps have gone on record and mentioned it would be a pain to do.

That's your reason the PS5 or any console for that matter will see an upgraded DCUO, unreal 3 is what's holding your 4k 60FPS mega hd visuals update back.

Stop trying to use DCUO on the switch as a scapegoat and point the blame in the right direction: blame it on this game being stuck on unreal engine 3.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think an upgrade to the game can rival actual PS5 games/mmos, just a simple cross over to the next gen consoles can get pretty old for others, but nonetheless, I'm glad the game is still going.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't go so far as to say it would be THE reason, but I think the Switch hardware would factor into things to a certain degree.

For good or ill, the devs have (from all appearances) tried to deliver the same visual experience for all players regardless of the platform a person is playing on. With the game on consoles, that means there's going to be a cap of some kind on what they can deliver because consoles can't be upgraded like PCs can.

The Switch is a decent little system, but with Microsoft and Sony bringing new consoles to the market it's probably going to be the low end of the spectrum (unless Nintendo unveils the often-rumored Switch Pro). That's going to be the graphics cap for the game as long as the game is available on that system, especially if they keep to the "deliver the same experience for everyone/no playing favorites" thinking that seems to have been in place from the start.

Like I said, I don't think it's the definitive reason, but it is a factor that has to be taken into account.
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I'm sure that whenever someone says evil, if you read it carefully... you can hear Jacob from beyond, saying, "EEEEVVVVIIIILLLL!!!!"
    • Like x 3
  14. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i'm sure since ps5 is b c , you'l be able to just install dcuo . and it will be fine. just run the ps4 version on the ps5, maybe down the line they will cut the ps4 off and have ps5 only :) then it could really be up there and hold more stuff with the pc, that means. more level of detail. more items. more powersets, more of everything when it comes to capability and memory of the game, its running great now with PS4. but if they do a PS5 conversion OMG , that would be amazing!!

A. first mmo to cross from 3 consoles. and being on pc at the same time,

B. already the first mmo that is on Nintendo switch, ps4, xbox, and pc, "thats a record"

c. the life span of this game is amazing, its getting up there with everquest and everquest is only on pc. so its beating the record with that, basically this game, even though so many people complain about it just like every mmo, and good mmos, it has unlocked its own feat in its own right, several feats.

i am sure i could go on, but you get the gist
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

By default it should be compatible. Sony isn't going to shoot themselves in the foot by putting out a new console that isn't backwards compatible with the games of at least the previous console. That backwards compatibility provides a bridge for players to transition to the new console (and eventually the games solely for it) while not having to give up their favorite/current games.

While the PS3 was being pushed to the limits with DCUO, the PS4 still has the room for a TON of growth for the game to spread into. Unlike during the end of PS3 years (where the limitations of the PS3 is what held back the game), the game is now being held back primarily by its own engine.

Moving to Unreal 4 (or 5) would be a MASSIVE undertaking. Maybe the inclusion of the PS5 will the final point needed for them to decide to move to it? We can hope.
    • Like x 1