belle reve stabilizer event needs to be a solo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by val-zodE2, Jun 11, 2020.

1. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

every other day when i run to get stabilizer fragments i run into some people who que in and do nothing that wouldn't be a issue if it was rare but it is every other day and on top of that they do it on multiple accounts
    • Like x 1
  2. Jensu Well-Known Player

i mean if you think about it all stabilizer fragments events should be a solo?
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I wouldnt be against it
  4. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

you are right
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  6. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

yep
    • Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Been discussed before and the same suggestion made. Come on Devs heck I can que into that so called duo with one of "those" team mates and manage to defeat everything and walk with my fragments, nth metal and piece of furniture in way WAY under two minutes.

I vote yes let's force those loafers to actually play the game if they want all that stuff and make it into a solo.. heck it is about half the time anyway.

Oh and let's make sure you understand,... I am not just talking Belle Rev. Make them all solos
    • Like x 2
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Don't care.

It's 60 seconds anyways.

Let the lazy bum be the lazy bum.
    • Like x 2
  9. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

im not aganist it but it also doesnt matter to me, they die in 1 hit so eh, but i can understand why some dont like squatters
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, as there have been a couple times where someone went offline but was able to get back in (I'll do this especially when we have a period of login-related problems in the game). I just like giving people the chance to get back in, considering the replay cost. It can be bad enough losing a Vault session due to a disconnect or login problem, after all.

The player who logged in and told me to "fetch" their fragments and planted themselves, though? No benefit of the doubt for them. Unfortunately for that lovely individual, I had the next day off and the patience (and stubbornness) to wait them out. :D 100 or so minutes later, they left and I ran it solo.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I always laugh at the Belle Reeve one cause there's always that guy who doesn't understand that eight guards with four on opposite sides will rush the room so you take four and they'll take four and you do that three times before the Suicide Squad member shows up. But yeah at some point it feels like you're soloing it anyway lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Making Stabilizer Event into a solo event is a positive choice, but it's not my first choice.

First, I would support the idea of eliminating Stabilizer Event altogether. We aren't required to run a 90 second instance in order to claim our Replay Badges or our Daybreak Cash. Stabilizers are a paid function of the subscription model. First and foremost, I would prefer for Stabilizers just to be automatically awarded using their free-gift feature upon monthly login.

If that is not the case, the Plan B I would support would be to important a function from PvP. In Arenas and Legends, if you do not meet a minimum threshold of participation, you do not receive any rewards. That should be a feature for ALL group content in PvE as well. If I run a Stabilizer and my teammate doesn't enter, then I get my rewards and he gets nothing. It doesn't lootlock him. He just doesn't get the rewards until he participates at the minimum level. I would say 5K damage is a very generous threshold we could set for expectations of a bad partner; even in the healer and controller role that is very easily achievable.

If that is not the case either, then Plan C would be to make it a solo. That's fine, I guess, but I still think it's annoying to have to run this 90 second challenge every day just to retrieve a paid part of your subscription, and I still think that the AFKs in seasonals should also be addressed, so it's far superior to just implement the participation-required-for-rewards ruling the way they already have in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I would like it to be a solo
  14. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

Brit, has the most complete thought out answer....

but I also hate the loafers, the squatters - and I've been known to stop and wait.... once after 20 min - the guy got the idea and dps' - the rest of the time - they've all left - so this is not rare for me....

at least once a month this occurs - and I'm a grinder - so everyday play is normal to me....
  15. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

said this several times myself...if there are 10 fragments to be had ….and you do 90 percent of the work...you should get 9 fragments...to my 1...for an example...and all I care about is numbers...so you show up as a healer...so what...as long as youre a healer who heals healing number is bigger than my dps healing number then I guess you healed...and deserve your half...
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Just so we’re clear, the problem is that you’re the only one doing anything and your solution is to make it so that you’ll be the only one doing anything. Am I understanding that correctly?

Nine times out of ten when this happens I’m in possession of the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and utilize the perspective that nothing about my time, experience or goals are affected save for about 5-10 extra seconds it takes me to kill everything by myself. But every once in a blue moon they catch me at a time I’m feeling a tad ornery and I’ll log out and back in.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wouldn't it be simpler to just receive the fragments upon log in? No need to queue up, no need to rely on another person.
    • Like x 1