Open portals for all raids and alerts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tomejohn, Jun 11, 2020.

1. tomejohn New Player

many times you can go into different areas of the game and play raids and alerts like the batman or superman raids but sometimes you will wait forever for someone to Q up if not at all for raids and alerts, why not open portals for all missions so you dont have to wait?
    • Like x 4
  2. Djem So New Player

Seems like something that wouldnt take that long to make if the devs actually cared..
  3. Eve YouTuber

I believe I heard the last time they tried to do it was with Paradox Wave raid and it went awfully wrong with the coding?
    If it was possible, I'm sure they would've done it by now.
    • Like x 5
  4. Siramez Well-Known Player

They did it for paradox wave and it causes so many crashes they had to remove it. Having all portals for all contents will break the game more and will take a while to fix.
    • Like x 5
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

IIrc, the Dox Portal was removed due to exploits that enabled some players to beat the raid without any effort back when it was relevant.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Portals = constant game crashes. No thank you.
    • Like x 2
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

@ OP: Rephrase your suggestion to

"Generator Mod: Instanced Content" for our lair amenity

and you might get more interested responses ^^
    • Like x 3
  8. 42god New Player

Or alter que to allow for an option to solo/partial group entry into the instance. You can always open it to others later, if necessary. The real issue is the cr relevance and loot/marks. They won't ever do that. Even if it scaled up,because it could lead to balance issues and would cut into source mark sales on the marketplace. However if it was just an option added to que that wouldn't matter and higher cr players might go back and farm feats and help newer players move up naturally. But this would cut into cr advance sales, so they probably won't do it either. Though it could help the advanced cr to sp imbalance inherent to purchased high cr. Remember they are a business the most important things to them are 1. Money 2. Product viability 3. Customer satisfaction, and in that order. So find a way to make your request make sense under those respective priorities and you will probably get it. Believe it or not they do care, just not in the order you do.
  9. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Ok, here it goes:
    1. Money
      • Lower Raids and Alerts and Duos up to a point can be soloed or partial teamed now by a 308 CR toon. So opening them up can increase sales of replay badges.
    2. Product Viability
      • Initial game instanced zones like FOS and Batcave Teir 1 and even Themyscira have TPs to get in without a full group..So it is possible. They could create a new zone to house said teleporters to instanced alerts/raids/duos.
    3. Customer Satisfaction
      • I know as a customer, I would be satisfied with this addon, and I'm sure others would be too.
    • Like x 1
  10. 42god New Player

I would toss in some counter arguments to decreased source mark and cr advance sales in section 1. Address possible coding glitches caused by added teleporters in the past to section 2 (See above posts, issue wasn't with location of teleporter but with how it interacted with an instance not designed to handle that at the coding level). Also maybe some suggestions on scaled up content group balancing and how upscale could be calculated. But you got my point quite well and make a decent argument in a way the game developers will care about. Now if more people would do the same you would satisfy section 3. No one customer will be heard, but many will. There is strength in numbers. (To others: please refrain from using that last comment to hijack this thread into a BLM arguement. That is a very important topic but in this thread it will distract away from the goal of helping players get devs to implement player requests.) Thanks.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Toss in a comment... While the idea would allow players to run events to finish feats without a LONG delay trying to find a team...…….as has been brought up A long time ago our boy Mepps responded to another request similar to this explaining no future portals would be created because they caused bugs and glitches.

There is a whole other argument that if these became available it would become even harder to build a team but that's no where near as bad as having the game crash more often and having even more lag and more bugs to deal with.

Unless they can find a way to make things a lot better I think we are better off without it.
  12. tomejohn New Player

Id like them to add them just to the fact atleast some of the older ones, you dont have to wait for people to Q,I dont think it would crash as much too.
  13. diangelo Level 30

so if i have some friends Que up for a raid, then they all leave and i'm alone it'll be buggy?

What was buggy about it? was it that it was a portal? what if you could just Que it up like normal but with less people required. was it buggy because so many people were in it at one time...(like server overload? i could see that...if it takes X amount of server energy to run an 8 man raid...it could take 8 times as much for 8 individuates to run 8 raids at the same time.)

Was it just too much?

i thin there should be a 100 point feat for you to solo each raid. and while we're at it:
    100 point feat for each open world boss you defeat by yourself.

MEEPS at least think about doing this for one of the bonus weeks. (or only have 2 at a time (rotating of course) that you can do solo at any given time in the on duty menu.)
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This has been asked for ever since they took away the Paradox raid walk-in; in the course of investigating bugs with walking in, they discovered it was a general bug and said it was too much work to fix and thus no more walk-in raids in future.

Don't ask me about anything technical; I'm just repeating what has been said many times, in my own paraphrase. But, believe me, practically everyone would love this; there's no argument with that. It's just that we can't really argue against being told that technical issues prevent it.

Trust me about one other point, please: begging, repeated posting, or trying to start petitions, will not help. Neither will arguing with anyone here about it.
    • Like x 3
  15. DrDez New Player

I'm a new player on Switch, CR 70. I find myself waiting forever for the Q, with nothing to do in the meantime. I came to ask if there are things to do (besides Birds of Prey or 1 Player Q's which I've finished) so I'm not just sitting around for 30 minutes waiting for something in my On Duty menu to be ready (I Q for EVERYTHING I can possibly do).

I tried going through some of the Portals at the front of the Watchtower, and I'm way too low.

Is there something else to do besides wait around? I don't get a lot of free time, and it sucks to spend it waiting around to do nothing at all. I really like the game too.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You can go to Doomed Metropolis and fight Doomsday (if you get a crowd of fellow players to help) and other problems there; it's a permanent Event, CR-agnostic.

You could try Legends LPVE, particularly this week when the Feats are being multiplied and all Legends available while normally you'd only have only Robin and Harley unless you have a subscription or bought them on the Marketplace. So this week is definitely the time to try it out. (It's various alerts with you playing as various iconic characters of your choice; there are a lot of feats for various combinations of characters.)

Theoretically there's PvP via the instance menu, but you would likely only be able to get it to pop for a duo, and you'd probably be slaughtered by someone who practices a lot. Also it's broken, so only die-hards use it these days, alas.

You can also go to the current Event, which is where you should probably start, which is Birds Of Prey Metroplis. You can teleport to either of the previously mentioned Events on your Teleport menu on your Map, and there are also entrances in the middle of the Watchtower to walk in.

Each new DLC/Episode is an Event, CR-agnostic, you're buffed up if you're not at endgame, until the next DLC/Episode comes along to replace it.

Then there are the solos you should have on your instance menu by CR 70 if my memory isn't too confused. And maybe duos and alerts?

Also, the Summer Event just started today, so you can do that for a half hour at most, both the outside part and the instance part (on your instance menu under Events).

Oh, and the raid version of Doomsday is also CR agnostic, and also on your instance menu.

You can also look at your Feats menus and figure out which are easy feats and focus on getting those available from open air Gotham and Metropolis done; that will keep you busy if you haven't collected all of those feats already. That includes instances with open air entrances and open-air, the under level 30 content. Exploration, races, styles, lots of choices.

And besides, it's easy to level a character from level 70 up to at least 120 or so in less than a week, and higher if you put in more hours.

Take a look here: http://census.dcuobloguide.com/character/suggested-feats

There are also guides to what to do on the Guides Forums.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/oracle’s-database-guides.16/

And if you post your question as a post of its own on this forum, you'll get more answers than here, even though it's naturally a frequently asked question.

There are also a ton of guides to everything DCUO on YouTube. Just make sure you stick to stuff from the past three months or so, because changes make guides obsolete very quickly.

[counts down time to MagnetoFirstClass showing up to offer his videos.]
    • Like x 2
  17. 42god New Player

Am I misunderstanding comments about walkins or is the idea to allow que ins with less than 8 for raids, getting skipped over in most responses?
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would be nice, and as someone said above a lair generator mod for Instanced Content would be cool also. Of course some instanced content you cannot solo, like Inner Sanctum with the 4 consoles for example, or the puzzle in Assault and Battery.

I did wonder if there was intended to be a walk-in for The Phoenix Cannon on Thanagar, near the camera kiosk that talks about the Phoenix Cannon there's a closed door.

Besides that though, where would the teleporter be for these? Ideally it would be just one teleporter with a drop-down list of all group content, or could be broken down by tier or duo/alert/raid. Having a walk-in teleporter for every content in HQ, certainly in Hall of Doom there wouldn't be enough space for all of that along with upcoming episode teleports for future open world content.

There are certain feats now that would be easier to do solo, which would be good for this. Recently I solo'd the Bullet Time feat in War Crimes alert with my Water toon, and I'd imagine there are many other feats players don't have that would be easier to obtain from going into the instance solo.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People have always asked for both. This goes back years to when the walk-in for Paradox was removed. It was not a popular decision.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The exploits were a separate issue which was fixed early on. The Portal being available was causing severe game crashes for players so they disabled the walk-in portal for that and pretty much stopped making walk-in portals for content.
    • Like x 1