Jump canceling with flurry shot needs to go Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jun 8, 2020.

1. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

When 5 dps, do flurry shot on a npc.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

Flurry shot is literally the reason an artifact got nerfed and players were gifted a free rank to 200 after they put a tiny band-aid on its damage which really changed nothing. Elite was easy back then and still is now players will continue to abuse it until they can’t anymore.

That already was a red flag but Y’all can keep defending it. It will self destruct itself regardless of this thread Just like nature will everything comes to the light
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Do Flurry Shot need an adjustment? Yeah, it still does, slightly. Doom Spin also needs to be fixed, but all the other weapon combo's need to be looked at. Some weapon combos possibly need to be reworked even, to make the majority of weapons a viable choice.

But if we want to talk balance there is a bigger, more important enemy to adress and that is Artifacts. Ever since the Atlantis Episode, the Devs have kept creating entire Meta's around Artifacts, more specifically 160+ Artifacts. This Meta-concept have continued on in nearly every Episode, with Metal Episodes delivering both Trans and Strat to the Meta. The grind and cost attached to the current system makes it ridiculous.

The Artifact-meta's need to stop more than anything else, the Devs need to get back to delivering ACTUAL Combat-related Updates every once in a while rather than trying to sell it to us for a steep price through the Artifact-system with new Artifacts shoved into every Episode. It just blows my mind how they are allowed to keep doing this without their social medias falling apart with player feedback about it.
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

If the damage was still good but the jump cancel was out of the equation would it still be a problem? Might players get caught up In slow animations too and some of them are longer than flurry shot.

Why should those players have to play wiser and smarter in elite but the flurry shot gang can mindlessly flurry shot how is that any sort of balance? Because If that’s the case make all powers be able to stop on the dime cancel out animation and block, make all powers be able to be mobile, make all powers have a suppressor pet like gadgets that can clip whatever they want.
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

In all my 41 years, I’ve never seen variety achieved through subtraction.
    • Like x 2
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

I agree with doom spin and other weapons they do need to re balance the balance again but not just a damage fix they need a whole animation retool players are still not going to use those weapons some of those weapon mastery combos throw you all over the room pushing your forward swinging you bAckwards during animation nobody will play with them from a comfort stand point dual wield will still be a go to even if they happened to remove jump cancel because it’s still one of the more mobile weapons even if you took out the jump cancel as you can still tap triangle And move any direction you want your only not mobile once the antimation fully triggers and also its still the best ST weapon to use. They would have to gradually increase the damage of the tap triangle or hold triangle moves and that’ll open up a whole new can of worms “this guys back here just holding triangle with dual pistols doing all this damage”

And I 100% agree on the artifact part but that generates a lot of money I doubt they do anything with artifacts.
  7. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I would rather they give might dps players more mobility with solar than nerf jc with prec. That would help balance things out abit more when it comes to survivability.
    • Like x 1
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

:rolleyes: oh you.... :rolleyes:
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well, that's what I adressed when I said "Some weapon combos possibly need to be reworked even, to make the majority of weapons a viable choice."

Also, they don't necessarily need to remove the JC off of Flurry, they just need to adjust the damage and give us more actually viable, fast paced weapon-options to chose from. The Risk VS Reward-system needs to be applied, it really makes no sense that the fastest, most mobile weapon is also one of the strongest lol. If people want more speed and mobility, the damage should suffer a bit. If you chose a clunkier, riskier weapon it should pay off in damage. This system is ages old in MMO's, it should also apply here.

As for Artifacts generating a lot of money, we can debate whether how much it makes them or not but none of us got data on it. To add on that, I'd argue that for each whale and tryhard spending mad cash on the Artifact system, there's a few players leaving because of the very System and its obvious impact. I'd rather keep players around than losing more players to an already very low population all because of short term-revenue.
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Not as mobile though. That's the issue. Flurry shot gets top tier damage and complete mobility. There's no trade off
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

M
    make all powers exactly the same, this is exactly what you’re asking for, and it’s a horrible idea, it didn’t work with am’s, and it won’t work now. Streamlining all powers would lessen the variety in this game, and ruin a relatively fun dps system.

Also giving all powers a clip like suppressor turret would conjure even more complaints because everybody doesn’t want to be forced to clip for maximum damage, and they shouldn’t have to, but gifting every power a clip would definitely make that the case. One of the reasons why gu35 happened is because clipping was the only way to perform max damage, and people were frustrated with it.

Giving every power the exact same ability would only force a playstyle, especially in this case since you’re pleading for a streamlined clipping tool, and that would just cause more frustration with the community
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i think they need to fix things to where both prec and might are on equal footing, might mean some nerfage in some cases, buffs in others. just bring some basic BALANCE to the game... but odds are it will never happen since they make far too much on people chasing the FOTM mess.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It’s definitely not the sole reason because you had bow into smoke bomb then too.

And the complaints about vwd, has made a precision artifact, an inferior choice when paired against grimorium, which is a might oriented artifact
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Might is better than precision, you just have doomspin and flurry that’s doing slightly too much dmg, but aside from those two combos, prec is the inferior options
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How is it a might oriented artifact when you get 5% precision bonus before the 5% might? It's a dps artifact, that's it.
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I am aware of this, but I still wish to see balance between the 2.
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Because it’s main purpose is for pi application, which isn’t a necessity for prec users
    • Like x 1
  18. Legasei Well-Known Player

If they were to balance might and prec, then might would be the better option because you’ll have more skill points left over. Still no balance.
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

I switch from dw to 2h quite often. Should we also nerf 2h? Why pick on DW? 2h does so much more rewarding damage.
  20. Liightmare dc Active Player

lol plz read what people are saying because 2h has been mentioned a bunch also