Balance for dps

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Terremor, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Terremor New Player

Hey devs, how about you finnaly do something about balance?
    Rage/electric prec clones, couse of sc spam, nerf them or buff other powers.
    Doomspin/Flurry shot, realy prec ppl with 270cr 0 arts outdamage 300cr might ppl with 80 arts, im saying nothing about equal gear/arts/sp couse prec always win by just doomspining, specialy rage and electric.
    Are you gonna do something about it?
    Game became boring as hell, couse of those clones.
    Please buff other weapons, nerf flurry, buff might powers (specialy weak ones)
    I've tested ALL weapons, ALL combos, doomspin outdamage 2x or even 3x most of them, explosive shot wm is good too, but not that good. And flurry shot jump clip is still the best st damage in game, you can't clip other combos like this one. 36 hits per 10 sec, thats about 36-42k single target dps by just doing flurry at 34k prec, without weapon buff, with low arts, some ppl can do 56-60k single target dps without trinket/supercharge/supply drop.
    Disbalance
    Imagine how much fun it will be compete against other weapons, or against might powers, if there was a balance.
    I hope you will read this, and do something.
    • Like x 4
  2. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Flurry shot got nerfed already and the weapon balance is better than before Venom Dispenser got adjusted last year. Have you been playtesting this on your own or is it just a personal perspective?

I run an endgame Earth Might Toon with 405 SP and I rarely feel outmatched by any Prec based toon. Unless it is a top notch player or (sadly this is fairly common) a hack using cheater ;)
    • Like x 4
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are cr300 and getting beat by a 270 prec than it’s not the prec that’s not balanced. You just need a better loadout. It is impossible for a cr300 player to be out dpsed by a prec that that far behind. Even if you had an average loadout you wouldn’t be getting out dpsed.

Just the other day I was battle tanking and I out dpsed a prec dps. By your logic prec is bad and should be buffed!!! It’s sad that there are actually people that get beat by someone and their first thought is that the other power/spec/play style is broken and needs to be nerfed.

Yes there still needs to be more balance passes. But this is the closest we have been to balance in a very long time.
    • Like x 4
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This is probably the guy from the other post with a different account
    • Like x 3
  5. Terremor New Player

you all probably doing alerts and reg content, but in elite content EVERYONE IS PREC, if you are might even with 200 arts you gonna be outdamaged by prec thats fact.
  6. Terremor New Player

thats nonsense, im earth too, doomspin does 15% more damage then jackhamer just respec to prec and you will see it.
  7. Terremor New Player

i just did it with my 287cr rage prec in vmf, outdamaged 298 might sorc by 1.2m, and 300 quantum might by 800k
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

not every power is top notch, so it's not unusual for a precision dps with lower cr to out damage a might with higher cr. I have 305 ice character, I gotten out dpsed by flurry shot by 190. Even with my loadout which is maximum damage I was able to test doesn't keep up with flurry shot. Might and precision are not equal.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I run elite regularly. I don’t always see prec dps. I see a lot of prec dps but not nearly all. Even on my might toon that barely has any artifacts I can keep up with prec if I try. The fact of the matter is that if you get out dpsed as 300 by someone who is 270 than it’s you. That’s a 30 cr difference.

Just the other day I taught a night dps my might loadout and he was able to keep up with me as prec. Yes I still won but he will be able to do better once he gets his cr up. Yesterday I tripled a dps as might. That must mean might is broken. No, it means the other dps need to work on their loadout.

Look I’m not saying that prec ST isn’t better than might ST. Yes might needs a buff there. But you keep crying that prec is broken instead of might needs a buff. Stop whining about other people beating you and try to find a way to push your own loadout to do more damage
    • Like x 1
  10. Terremor New Player

lol read my post dum dum, im prec, i just ran a VMF with my low lvl rage prec, and oudamaged SITH out of them, im not crying about prec, all im saying there need to be balance so might ppl was able to keep up with prec, and they need to buff other weapons so ALL prec DPS has some choise, couse now all precs are doomspin clones
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

Yea.... no, I’m just not the only one who feels the same way
    • Like x 1
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

I’m not sure if you can remove jump cancel from one weapon without removing jump cancel from the Entire game but if you can That needs to be the option when it comes to the flurry shot weapon mastery combo.

They have tried nerfing VWD and the damage already that did not change anything because that’s not the root of the problem it’s the jump cancel within the Combo that’s being used making it an over achieving weapon for such an easy combo of tap range hold range. Simply let its animation play out without the opportunity of jump canceling and adjust the damage according to where you feel it should be.

I wish a dev could answer this.

was jump canceling intended for dual wield flurry shot weapon mastery or was it intended for the animation to play out? I feel it was intended for the animation to register but players found a work around with jump cancel that made it stronger than it was ever intended to be but I could be wrong. I wish I had the answer to this
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And as said before... I can keep up with prec as might.... and yes you are crying about prec..
    • Like x 1
  14. Terremor New Player

ok same name in game pst, show me how you can keep up lol i got low arts tho, it should be EZ win for you.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s the thing. I dint have to prove anything to you. I help people all the times with loadouts, both in game and here. I don’t however care about the people who whine none stop asking for everything they don’t use to be nerfed. And before you start crying and saying “oh he doesn’t want to back up his words” I couldn’t care less about what you think. Those who run with me know that I can dps without chasing scoreboards lol
    • Like x 3
  16. Terremor New Player

i am not trying to insult anyone tho, i'm just saying when your might sorc doing 70k aoe dps, doomspin doing 120k, how is that balance to you?
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Not true, water, HL, Fire, celestial, and nature can surpass flurry, and nature has the best ST and aoe damage in the game, Hands down. Also, there’s really only 5 powers that can honestly make flurry shot parse the way it does, with them being rage, electric, ice, gadgets, and water. Those are the only powers that are really ahead of “standard” might ST builds. Another thing I’ll add is that, if you don’t have a lot of Sp as prec you really aren’t going to have an advantage over might users, because you need that extra dmg from might, and if you’re ice, gadgets or water, the need for sp becomes even more drastic because not only do you need the extra night damage, but you also need the higher power pool so you’ll be less of a strain on the trolls and your power bar
    • Like x 1
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Doom spin isn’t doing 120k unless it’s with a supercharge, nature is parsing that, and then some though
    • Like x 2
  19. AV Loyal Player

Even then, the thing with Nature and Elec's trash clear AoE rotations is that the high parsing ones don't come close to reaching their max output in practice unless the tank pulls the entire elite zone at once and everyone else pretty much leaves the trash alone, as everything dies before they can peak. Their sparring output is goofy, but in practice they're nothing insane provided the other DPS are doing their part.
  20. Psyfur Well-Known Player

So sick of these calls for dps balance. It’s just code language for nerfing flurry shot and doom spin.
    You can literally save more skill points with a might build vs a prec build. When you look at it that way, there’s nothing wrong with prec outperforming might on the same toon. That’s how I know that this is all about might dps being salty about the scoreboard.